Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know....maybe make the lightning removable????

You may think that it's an absolute miracle that HT made the lightning so "convincing"...but those folks that don't share that point of view are entitled to voice their opinion. I'm glad the lightning doesn't bother you, but for others it may be a deal breaker.

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion, but it does get tiresome hearing a chorus of complaining when official pics haven't even been released. So just consider this me voicing my opinion.

I think mjordan is talking about the torso articulation which is visible in the photos. It's like the regular TT's. It doesn't bother me at all. Infact I welcome it. I wouldn't want a body like King Leonidas for this figure cause it would take away the torso articulation and I do not want that because balancing the figure with different poses would be harder. Although I wouldn't argue with a upper body like Wolverine or the Comedian where the torso articulation was a little less noticeable.

As for all the complaining... I see how people could be turned off by all the electricity on the whips. This figure is near the bottom of my list.
1.) because I really dont care about this villian
-and-
2.) It doesn't really tickle my fancy yet.

I'll wait for War Machine and Black Widow first.

Now I see what you mean I thought that was the bottom of the machine. Its no biggie, like Sith Lord 0498 said I dont like to be moaning about a figure so much without seeing official pics. Anyways I'm sure his gear could be adjusted to cover it up if it really bothered anyone...

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion, but it does get tiresome hearing a chorus of complaining when official pics haven't even been released. So just consider this me voicing my opinion.

It is also tiresome when arguments such as "it is a toy what do you expect" is thrown around. The whips do look cheap to some of us. Consider this me voicing my opinion.

There is no evidence that they don't but I would have made the rig light up and that's it. More like this:

iron-man-2-whiplash-poster.jpg

I realize that there is a slight "lightning" effect on it but if you remove that and just have them illuminated it'd work just fine for me.

repost guys

20100324_64ecf7c2179b3fc55e81PiHwl3LoTD92.jpg

T-800 body?

Looks pretty sick to me.
Shame I can't afford one.

And once again this is a work in progress, not a final product.
Let's see how everything turns out after a few months down the line before we really start to worry about the body and the whips

1:40 into the trailer to see how the Whips look.
If anything the Yellow should be changed to white
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ps-KqKHpsxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ps-KqKHpsxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I admit the more I am exposed to the sculpt, I am digging it a bit more. I like the wrinkles, it helps give it a more realistic appearance. I hope the final product doesn't alter them much. It doesn't hurt, I can see Rouke in the sculpt.

HT needs to hurry up with the offical pics.

I realize that there is a slight "lightning" effect on it but if you remove that and just have them illuminated it'd work just fine for me.

Agreed. The effect they have is, in one sense, not that far removed from putting a muzzle flash on the end of a machine gun. Its just not to my tastes. Again though, we don't know if they'll be removable but theres no mention of that, or a second set without 'lightning' in the specs:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in the movie Iron Man 2
- Newly developed head sculpt with real-like facial expression, wrinkles and beard
- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture with grey highlight on dark brown hair
- Newly developed upper muscular body and arms
- Highly detailed patterned tattoos on neck, upper body, arms, palms and fingers
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms
- + One (1) pair for holding metal-like whips
- + One (1) pair of fists
- LED chest light (white light, battery operated, battery included)
- Metal-like electricity generator with light-up function at the back
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:

- Brown-colored jumpsuit with burning effect and holes

- Hydraulic exoskeleton with brown-colored leather-like harness

- Brown-colored leather-like belt with accessories

- One (1) pair of brown-colored buckled boots

Accessories:

- Necklace with cross-shaped pendant

- Figure base with Whiplash nameplate and movie logo

Weapons:

- One (1) pair of metal-like whips with real-like flashes and wires

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

It does mention closed fists though, he could always be displayed without the whips. Maybe thats what I'll do since I'm still really digging on this guy...

The whole "it is a toy" argument is void here. It's obvious that Hot Toys strives for realism, and criticism is needed for improvement. So to say that it's okay for their stuff to look like cheap toys is insulting.

It does mention closed fists though, he could always be displayed without the whips. Maybe thats what I'll do since I'm still really digging on this guy...

Displaying him without the whips seems a little bleh to me though doesn't it? I'm sure some will but seems a little like displaying Doc Ock without his arms...then you've got an Otto Octavius figure but something just isn't right about it....

The whole "it is a toy" argument is void here. It's obvious that Hot Toys strives for realism, and criticism is needed for improvement. So to say that it's okay for their stuff to look like cheap toys is insulting.

Definitely, and since we all know they keep an eye on the boards its best to air your misgivings because we've seen several figs changed in the past thanks to criticisms brought up here and on other boards. As long as its a little more constructive than "Thats s***" :)

Displaying him without the whips seems a little bleh to me though doesn't it? I'm sure some will but seems a little like displaying Doc Ock without his arms...then you've got an Otto Octavius figure but something just isn't right about it....

I agree totally on that point. But, as i said earlier in the thread I've been looking forward to this guy since the trailer and I really want to get him, but those lightning effects just don't do it for me so I'm just weighing my options!

The annoying thing is aside from that this is a really great looking piece, pretty much everything I was hoping. I'm sure some people will find the sculpt a little off and maybe they'd be right but I'm happy so far.

All that being said, official pics could and probably will change everything, hurry up HT! :banghead:banghead:D

Hear, hear!

Really digging this figure the more I look at it, like some others have mentioned. Can't wait for more pics to show off the tats and face. Definitely getting this one though.

They should have used fiber-optics to make the whips light up and still bend.

Same thing I thought when they showed the teaser. I figured Hot Toys is smart enough to make his whip out of fiber optics and light it up. Sometimes I wonder what kind of people work there, because some things are so simple like getting rid of the black on off switch on the MKII and MKIII and make them like the MK I, but someone screwed the pooch on that decision. Makes it look like a toy :banana

off topic-but it says Iron Man2 comes out May 7th in the States....weird since in Australia it comes out April 29th.......hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back