Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good so far, certainly makes a nice visceral juxtaposition to ol'Shell heads hi-tec shiny robo-boy look.

this is out already and this isn't?

new-iron-man-1.jpg

what's going on Hot Toys? :stick

This would be nice but it would have to be really $$ since they would have to develop a brand new body for it? But yeah posing that with the IM BD would be awesome!

Monger was deemed un-producible because of its size. Im still hoping they make the AMP suit for Avatar. How big do you think Monger is compared to the Amp ?

off topic-but it says Iron Man2 comes out May 7th in the States....weird since in Australia it comes out April 29th.......hmmmm

Common practice. A lot of American movies are released overseas before they're released here in the states. TDK was the same. So was the first Iron Man movie, it premiered in Sydney Australia April 14, 2008 and then it didn't premiere here in the U.S. until May 2, 2008. Hell, The Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro was released in Italy before the U.S.

Looking good so far, certainly makes a nice visceral juxtaposition to ol'Shell heads hi-tec shiny robo-boy look.

Thats the phrase I was missing! Its just all dirty and garage-built and cool looking :D

this is out already and this isn't?

new-iron-man-1.jpg

what's going on Hot Toys? :stick

No offense but war monger was huge and i dont see hot toys making those types of figures unless thier vehicles but i could be wrong though did they make somthing iron monger size.

Great lookin' pics. I'm very excited with this line so far and really awaiting to some more Marvel Characters. Lookin' at that pic of Whiplash's back with that vertebrae part right below his neck, reminds me of Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man 2.

I would have rather gotten an iron monger and would have paid like 250-300 for it. but that ship has sailed.

... and for a villain that's hardly on screen, isn't well known, and isn't going to show in the movies again... that's a big expensive hard to produce product I in my uninformed opinion wouldn't guess a lot of people would buy.

I'll pass on Whiplash and hold out until I see the film. There's still a lot we don't know about the character. I wonder if he'll even be on screen (in this incarnation) for any more than a few minutes.

Well a lot of people (including me) bought the weathered T600...some even bought multiple versions, he's only on screen for about 60 seconds in the whole movie and is mostly pretty useless, but he's still my favorite HT fig so far...

We are a strange bunch :lol

I don't generally buy stuff because of love of a property or character. I love TDK and adore the Joker in it but never really considered buying them as figure. I generally buy stuff that I like the way it looks.

Well a lot of people (including me) bought the weathered T600...some even bought multiple versions, he's only on screen for about 60 seconds in the whole movie and is mostly pretty useless, but he's still my favorite HT fig so far...

We are a strange bunch :lol

Yeah, but it's essentially still a T600, which makes ongoing appearances throughout the film.

I guess I could liken this Whiplash situation to Cop Joker from TDK. I have one as a part of the DX Joker package, but on it's own I'd never buy it. Granted, we don't know if that'll be the case for Whiplash, but if the trailer's are any indication, I don't think that get-up will be the only one for this character.

...Or perhaps it's more akin to the Bank Robber Joker figure? Well, I bought that one. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back