Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messing around with my new camera last night -

DSC00001.jpg

great pic...what camera did you get???

I have a quick question about the Tony headsculpt from the Mk IV and Mech Test Tony. Which one is a better overall likeness of RDJ? I mean, I don't have the Mech Test version in hand, so I'm hoping someone has both and can shed a little light on it. I'm thinking of selling my MIMB DX Batman for funds to blow on Mech Test on EBAY (ugh). HT stuff is so expensive! I gotta narrow it down to either Marvel or DC, and I think DC's gonna have to go, w/ the exception of HT's Chris Reeve's Superman. However, I read that HT is releasing Supes on the 16th of Never, so... :impatient:

I have a quick question about the Tony headsculpt from the Mk IV and Mech Test Tony. Which one is a better overall likeness of RDJ? I mean, I don't have the Mech Test version in hand, so I'm hoping someone has both and can shed a little light on it. I'm thinking of selling my MIMB DX Batman for funds to blow on Mech Test on EBAY (ugh). HT stuff is so expensive! I gotta narrow it down to either Marvel or DC, and I think DC's gonna have to go, w/ the exception of HT's Chris Reeve's Superman. However, I read that HT is releasing Supes on the 16th of Never, so... :impatient:
I think the Mk.IV head sculpt is the RDJ likeness king right now.

With DC, stick with the popular lines (i.e. Superman, Batman). I think these will command the most value later.

Don't hold your breath for that Superman by HT. Best to just forget about it, and if it does become reality, think of it as a gift. :)

I've had both Mech Test and Mark IV Stark sculpts, and personally feel the Mech Test is the best. Mark IV looks great with the glasses on, but when they're off, not so much. Neither is perfect, though.

great pic...what camera did you get???

Thanks. We ended up getting one of the new Sony Cybershots. Our old one was on its last legs, and my wife wanted a small camera. Its pretty good, our first hi-def camera.

I'll be taking a bunch more pics this weekend, I'll post some more here.

I've had both Mech Test and Mark IV Stark sculpts, and personally feel the Mech Test is the best. Mark IV looks great with the glasses on, but when they're off, not so much. Neither is perfect, though.

I would agree with this I also think that we'll get something with another Tony sculpt out of this license before it is said and done that will probably be better.

Even though the MT HS has been proven to be off I still think the expression is so well done - angry, drunk and a little high Stark that it trumps the MIV's neutral expression HS. I guess I just like my figures to "say" something.

Yea.. and make sure the arm is place nearer to the thighs so that when you fit in the helmet it will be placed snuggly.. :)

226888_209123895789167_182574525110771_632518_1660401_n.jpg

224048_209124109122479_182574525110771_632535_2225135_n.jpg

It's great how the head sculpt from the Mk.IV and the face reveal from the Mk.VI can be interchanged like that.
Hot Toys knew exactly what they were doing from the beginning.
Afterall, they included the neck collar in the Mk.VI. A piece that is otherwise useless for that figure unless you have the head sculpt. :clap

Anyone know where I could by a chestplate to the Mark IV? I looked at Toy Anxiety, but they don't have anything. Any other places like that? Ebay just has one from overseas and I'm trying WTB here. But, looks like it may not be as easy a find as I'd hoped.

Just reposed my Mark IV, since I like the sunglasses and LOVE the artictulated fingers.
Those were one of the reasons why I got War Machine and him.
I just can't get enough of my Hot Toys.
Not one day when I not look at' em and want more.
:lol
Maybe you guys tell me what you think, it's a crappy phonepic and I uploaded it with my handy, first time I did something like that.
I just became a little tech-savy in recent years.
;-)

Dunno why, but the board won't support my Handy. Pic has the right measurements, but it keeps saying it's wrong. I'll update this post later, WITH the pic.

The first pics I took! Never knew posing him will be so much fun! This is my first post with photos, not great though. To compare, I took two snaps with/without flash. It's amazing how much difference does it make, especially with IM. The paint job is awesome!

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Back