Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first pics I took! Never knew posing him will be so much fun! This is my first post with photos, not great though. To compare, I took two snaps with/without flash. It's amazing how much difference does it make, especially with IM. The paint job is awesome!

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

It sure is a great figure.
Are you thinking of getting anymore in the Iron Man line?

Nice pose you used there and :welcome1: to the forum.

It sure is a great figure.
Are you thinking of getting anymore in the Iron Man line?

Nice pose you used there and :welcome1: to the forum.

Thanks again Centurion! Absolutely! I have already POed Mk V and M II AUV. Still looking for WM and Mk VI at a decent price, but their price is going through the roof nowadays. Just hoping to find a kind seller one of these days :pray:

Need Mk I too, but... :gah:

Very cool.
The Mk.VI and WM would definitely make great additions to your collection.

The Mk.I is very difficult to find at less than $700, but you never know.

Happy hunting. :)

I have a quick question about the Tony headsculpt from the Mk IV and Mech Test Tony. Which one is a better overall likeness of RDJ? I mean, I don't have the Mech Test version in hand, so I'm hoping someone has both and can shed a little light on it. I'm thinking of selling my MIMB DX Batman for funds to blow on Mech Test on EBAY (ugh). HT stuff is so expensive! I gotta narrow it down to either Marvel or DC, and I think DC's gonna have to go, w/ the exception of HT's Chris Reeve's Superman. However, I read that HT is releasing Supes on the 16th of Never, so... :impatient:

I've had both Mech Test and Mark IV Stark sculpts, and personally feel the Mech Test is the best. Mark IV looks great with the glasses on, but when they're off, not so much. Neither is perfect, though.

Seriously? I guess we agree to disagree... haha, not that we were really having a discussion... but man, i think the likeness is spot on for the scale.

Even though the MT HS has been proven to be off I still think the expression is so well done - angry, drunk and a little high Stark that it trumps the MIV's neutral expression HS. I guess I just like my figures to "say" something.

I agree the expression might be better... but the likeness is nowhere near as a good as the Mark IV.

Here is a few pics i took of my MT before i sold it after getting the Mark IV:

100_8680.jpg

100_8682.jpg

100_8683.jpg

100_8681.jpg

You be your own judge, C0L0SSUS.

M.

I finally got a reply from Hot Toys about my flawed Mk IV head. Apparently they want me to send the defective head to them at:

"Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: ROOM 2201-2203A, NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG"

And they want me to send it before anything else happens.

I don't doubt them. Just wanted to confirm with anyone else who has dealt with this before that this is SOP.

I finally got a reply from Hot Toys about my flawed Mk IV head. Apparently they want me to send the defective head to them at:

"Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: ROOM 2201-2203A, NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG"

I don't doubt them. Just wanted to confirm with anyone else who has dealt with this before that this is SOP.

I can only speak from experience from shipping out of the country... I would consider that a huge risk, once it leaves the country it's out of your hands and it's your word against theirs if they don't receive it.

I thought they wanted you to send the bad back once you get the new one? Isn't that their usual way of doing it if you even get a reply back at all.

M.

"Hot Toys Ltd.

Whoa what happened? I'd be hesitant to ship out the country like someone mentioned without having a replacement first. But, I guess it's a 'no risk, no reward' scenario. Best of luck

I can only speak from experience from shipping out of the country... I would consider that a huge risk, once it leaves the country it's out of your hands and it's your word against theirs if they don't receive it.

I thought they wanted you to send the bad back once you get the new one? Isn't that their usual way of doing it if you even get a reply back at all.

M.

Thats why when you get it shipped you pay for insurance and a tracking number. You can pass that number on to Hot Toys and it wont be your word against theirs.

Back