Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Photobucket has been having problems apparently, and I can't access my account (although all of my pics in my collection thread seem to working). I had to open a Flickr account to post these. Jeez, they make it a hassle to get the direct link, whereas Photobucket is much easier.
(edit: Pics are now routed through Photobucket)

I didn't feel like doing any solo shots. So, I only took pics of him on display next to War Machine. Also, I've stated that the IV is much cooler than WM, however, they look so completely badass together. Is it Monday yet? I want my Mk VI.
Anyway, enough pointless talk and onto what you wanted to see. Here are a few pics of my newly acquired Iron Man Mark IV:

Mk401.jpg

Mk402.jpg

Mk403.jpg

Mk404.jpg

Mk405.jpg

Mk406.jpg

Mk407.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow I knew that you'd be the first to see and comment. I swear.
Thanks, man, I'm loving this thing. :duff
Did you get your VI yet? I thought that I read that you said it was due to arrive today... well it's yesterday now that we're in the AM.

Somehow I knew that you'd be the first to see and comment. I swear.
Thanks, man, I'm loving this thing.

:lol:lol:lol

I was going to upload some pix of the VI but my camera is so bad :(

I actually like the IV better than the VI surprisingly. The silver is a nice touch but I like the simplicity of the IV and always liked the original arc reactor best. Plus I like the Hall of Armors base that comes wit the IV much better than the VI landscape base. I do have the VI posed with BD atm, I think I'll change it tomorrow b/c I'm not a huge fan of the BD for some reason.

The VI is really giving me fits trying to pose him :gah: Feels like he needs some WD40 to loosen up those joints!

Looking at your pix I'm leaning toward caving in on a War Machine to pair up with my current figures! :horror Thanks! :pfft:

Looking at your pix I'm leaning toward caving in on a War Machine to pair up with my current figures! :horror Thanks! :pfft:

:D
Yay, it's about time that some of my pics infected someone else's mind. You know, instead of the other way around... which happens too often.
:lol

P.S. Yes, I agree, the color scheme of the Mk IV is much better than the VI. I also like the circular AR better than the triangular. It was a twist of fate in combination with my collecting addiction that brought me to get both.

Haha grats dude! I hope mine comes like urs did from gohastings.. eek!

Yes yes, best of luck to you. I'll have my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol

I was going to upload some pix of the VI but my camera is so bad :(

I actually like the IV better than the VI surprisingly. The silver is a nice touch but I like the simplicity of the IV and always liked the original arc reactor best. Plus I like the Hall of Armors base that comes wit the IV much better than the VI landscape base. I do have the VI posed with BD atm, I think I'll change it tomorrow b/c I'm not a huge fan of the BD for some reason.

P.S. Yes, I agree, the color scheme of the Mk IV is much better than the VI. I also like the circular AR better than the triangular. It was a twist of fate in combination with my collecting addiction that brought me to get both.
Yes! Circular arc reactor will always be my favorite as it was the first time I saw The Invincible Iron Man in the comics when I was a boy.

Drat, I found a flaw. Can't believe that I missed it. I'll take a proper pic later in the day, but you can kind of see it in the 3rd and 4th pics. It looks like a small white glare spot in the red section of the forehead between the tips of the gold. It's not glare though, it's a scuff in the paint. Also, you can't see it in the pics I already have up, but just to the right of that spot is another, lighter, longer scuff mark.

I sent a message to Hot Toys. Their site said that they should get back to me within 5-7 days. If they completely shoot me down then I'll try to find a parted out head somewhere. If I can't find one, or they're too expensive, then I think that I can live with it. My room isn't brightly lit anyway, and you won't be able to see it at all where I plan on displaying him after my Mk VI gets here.

^
Thanks, Jayvee.

Okay, here are pics of the flaw that I mentioned on the previous page. The round spot is noticeable in just about any light condition if you already know that it's there.
To see the long scuff, you need plenty of light, and you need to view it pretty darn close.
The scratch that's to the bottom right of these two marks? Yeah, I didn't even see that until I put these pics on my computer...

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Believe it or not, this really doesn't look that bad under normal conditions. Those pics are in a room that's practically made of windows, and the camera lens is almost touching the head it's so close.

Drat, I found a flaw. Can't believe that I missed it. I'll take a proper pic later in the day, but you can kind of see it in the 3rd and 4th pics. It looks like a small white glare spot in the red section of the forehead between the tips of the gold. It's not glare though, it's a scuff in the paint. Also, you can't see it in the pics I already have up, but just to the right of that spot is another, lighter, longer scuff mark.

I sent a message to Hot Toys. Their site said that they should get back to me within 5-7 days. If they completely shoot me down then I'll try to find a parted out head somewhere. If I can't find one, or they're too expensive, then I think that I can live with it. My room isn't brightly lit anyway, and you won't be able to see it at all where I plan on displaying him after my Mk VI gets here.

Darn, that stinks Jed. Looks like Gohastings wasn't great for either of us. :( Hope you get that fixed, replaced pronto.

I forgot to ask you about the packaging the IV arrived in. I'm curious to see if your was tinkered with like mine was.

Was the box seal broken?
Were any interior seals broken?
Was the Stark head/glasses attached or the IV helmet?
Were the plastic slips for the lights in the head/chest/arms removed?

You must've missed me saying it previously. I had said that it was MISB, and it was also packaged in the original Hot Toys brown shipping box. So, it really wasn't gohastings' fault. Win some - lose some.

You must've missed me saying it previously. I had said that it was MISB, and it was also packaged in the original Hot Toys brown shipping box. So, it really wasn't gohastings' fault. Win some - lose some.

Oh sorry I missed that, hope HT does the right thing and issues you a replacement dome. If not maybe you can find a cheapy replacement from a member.

^
Thanks, Jayvee.

Okay, here are pics of the flaw that I mentioned on the previous page. The round spot is noticeable in just about any light condition if you already know that it's there.
To see the long scuff, you need plenty of light, and you need to view it pretty darn close.
The scratch that's to the bottom right of these two marks? Yeah, I didn't even see that until I put these pics on my computer...

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Use Tamiya Modelling wax, you can rub those off easily. It is a liquid wax which is used for car modelling for a glossy finish.

Ah.. damn =/

It doesnt look horrible.. but its noticeable. The price we pay for these.. they should be perfect.

I am sure Hot toy's will send you one..

Back