Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so is there anyway to get the back flaps to go all the way down or do I just have to leave them how there are in being slightly raised off the back?

I got mine to be a little better by slightly bending the metal flaps. When you detatch the flaps, you'll see they can fold to what would look flush. But when it's attached, the mold that lies under the metal flap gets in the way. So I curved it a bit, so it would "drape over" the obstruction. It still isn't flush, but doesn't stick out as far.

I got mine to be a little better by slightly bending the metal flaps. When you detatch the flaps, you'll see they can fold to what would look flush. But when it's attached, the mold that lies under the metal flap gets in the way. So I curved it a bit, so it would "drape over" the obstruction. It still isn't flush, but doesn't stick out as far.

ok let me try that...

Quick question. I just won an ebay auction for a Hot Toys Mark IV helmet. For those of you with experience, how much do items like this usually go for?

I hope that I didn't overpay.

You probably should have asked beforehand? :lol

I know why Hot Toys did a battle damaged Mark III because they totally f'd up the reg Mark III color....geez....great Iron Man collection Josh...I watched the review on whiplash as well....did you ever fix his shoulder brace and get his light up feature to work....I would totally buy that figure if the pants were correct....just bugs me too much

Takes less than 5 minutes to fix the Whiplash pants...get him!

Wow! :thud:
Now that's an IM collection!! :rock :rock :rock

Congrats on the Mk IV, Josh!! :hi5:

Thank ya! :duff

The Mark IV is really really awesome. Great figure.

Josh, it needs to be turned clockwise not counter clockwise. Depending if the front of the figure is facing you. Because counter clockwise will expose the hip flare. My bad, I should of rechecked it before stating that info. :slap :thud:

Oh ok cool. I didn't mess with it last night before I went to bed but I'll give it a shot. Thank ya :hi5:

I know why Hot Toys did a battle damaged Mark III because they totally f'd up the reg Mark III color....geez....great Iron Man collection Josh...I watched the review on whiplash as well....did you ever fix his shoulder brace and get his light up feature to work....I would totally buy that figure if the pants were correct....just bugs me too much

No, cause the piece wasn't in the box. So I just left it as is. If I could find a cheap brace someday on ebay I might buy another. The light up feature works now yeah that I put the battery in. Was surprised they didn't put it in when they put the figure together. Yeah, I wish the pants came correctly since I'm afraid I'd screw it up.

Quick question. I just won an ebay auction for a Hot Toys Mark IV helmet. For those of you with experience, how much do items like this usually go for?

I hope that I didn't overpay.

I don't know the normal price but the parts sometimes go for half as much as a figure. Its crazy.

Arrived today! What a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it until Monday.
Will take pics and post the next chance I get.

One thing I didn't notice before from all the pics, the suit isn't an absolute "clean" piece. On the chest plate (just above the arc reactor) there is a little silver along the edge of the armor. It's also present along the right/left shoulder plates and on the boots. Very cool. It gives the armor the look of being "worn" which adds to the realism of the piece.
Just wanted to share that with those who still don't have there's on hand.

I just love me some details.
Great job Hot Toys. :rock

I'm so mad that I missed the Mark I, II, and reg III.....you can find the reg mark III for a reasonable price but I,II and the gunmetal III are insanely overpriced...Does anybody have any idea how many they made of each piece....

Just preordered this from BBTS. It will be my only IM figure. And at this point my only Marvel figure. :)

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's still there, but I saw a Mark II head with RDJ likeness going for $80+!!!
That's just nuts.:cuckoo:

I'm with ya there. I would never pay nearly the entire price of a figure for an extra piece or body.

Arrived today! What a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it until Monday.
Will take pics and post the next chance I get.

One thing I didn't notice before from all the pics, the suit isn't an absolute "clean" piece. On the chest plate (just above the arc reactor) there is a little silver along the edge of the armor. It's also present along the right/left shoulder plates and on the boots. Very cool. It gives the armor the look of being "worn" which adds to the realism of the piece.
Just wanted to share that with those who still don't have there's on hand.

I just love me some details.
Great job Hot Toys. :rock

I noticed that as well. Nice touch thats not on the bust.

I'm so mad that I missed the Mark I, II, and reg III.....you can find the reg mark III for a reasonable price but I,II and the gunmetal III are insanely overpriced...Does anybody have any idea how many they made of each piece....

I didn't realize till just a while back that the Mark I was going for so much. The regular Mark II I think can be had for a decent price. The gunmetal grey I got a year or so ago for around $250 or something like that. As far as how many made. Nah, I got no clue at all.

Just preordered this from BBTS. It will be my only IM figure. And at this point my only Marvel figure. :)

Welcome to a slippery slope. :)

I'm with ya there. I would never pay nearly the entire price of a figure for an extra piece or body.

I ended up paying $30 plus $5 for shipping. Not too bad, methinks.

Also picked up another Mark IV at CSC in Anaheim. I love the figure so much, I had to have a backup. Sealed. I guess I have more money than brains. Yay for me! :cuckoo:

No, thats not bad at all.

Nah, thats all good. Do you have the Mark V or VI coming? I can't remember so I apologize if you've said before.

I'm looking for a fairly cheap display cabinet to show off my hot toys in.

Could anyone help me? I live in the UK.

Technically this is the right thread as I want to display my Mark IV in it - see relevance! :hi5:

Cheers :)

Back