Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that makes we aussies feel any good about paying this sort of money for our dollies is sparing a thought for our European cousins, who have to pay even more crazy money for theirs.

That and also AUD is at a record high and ebayshops deals in USD which is HKD is pegged against it.

That and also AUD is at a record high and ebayshops deals in USD which is HKD is pegged against it.

yep, parity is sweeet. Stuff our tourism industry, whatever it takes for me to pay less for my Mark IV is fine by me :lol

Let's hope the retail industry doesn't get their way and we have to start paying tax on imports like our friends in Britain.

yea personally id save the 38 and wait,,least that way the misses wont give me too much of a hard time...
.just gotta get my 12 year old to stop telling on me quote " mum justin ordered another hot toy"...grr lil bugger:lol

The only thing that makes we aussies feel any good about paying this sort of money for our dollies is sparing a thought for our European cousins, who have to pay even more crazy money for theirs.

I bought mind for £130.00 (GBP) shipped.
That translates to about $203.00 (USD) $201.00 (AUS)

If I'd have bought it from a US vendor it would have cost me a lot more because of shipping.

yea personally id save the 38 and wait,,least that way the misses wont give me too much of a hard time...
.just gotta get my 12 year old to stop telling on me quote " mum justin ordered another hot toy"...grr lil bugger:lol

lol.....my nephews ask me everytime I see them, "Have you gotten a new sideshow collectible?" Of course right in front of the wife.

If I'd have bought it from a US vendor it would have cost me a lot more because of shipping.

Right... I guess we are really at the bottom of the 1/6 affordability pile then.

If I really want to feel bad about the cost of this hobby I think about all the additional figures I could now have if I didn't have to pay $40 shipping on top of the MSRP of each figure :)

Right... I guess we are really at the bottom of the 1/6 affordability pile then.

If I really want to feel bad about the cost of this hobby I think about all the additional figures I could now have if I didn't have to pay $40 shipping on top of the MSRP of each figure :)

To be honest the prices are right for where we live.

I mean I feel like the figures are worth £130 therefore I will happily :)pfft:) spend that much.
And as for yourself the amount you pay will no doubt reflect the same. Sure if you were buying them for $130 AUS dollars you would love it but then if I ended up buying them at that price converted it'd end up being about £70.
So like I said comparison over different currencies isn't worth the trouble, if you think the quality of the figure reflects the amount you spend that's all that matters really.

To be honest the prices are right for where we live.

I mean I feel like the figures are worth £130 therefore I will happily :)pfft:) spend that much.
And as for yourself the amount you pay will no doubt reflect the same. Sure if you were buying them for $130 AUS dollars you would love it but then if I ended up buying them at that price converted it'd end up being about £70.
So like I said comparison over different currencies isn't worth the trouble, if you think the quality of the figure reflects the amount you spend that's all that matters really.

Economy of scale and living in a geographical backwater have always meant that aussies pay more for just about everything except sunshine, so we're used to it - and truthfully I'm not nearly bothered enough by the prices to stop collecting these things. But in my dreams I do pack up and move to the States just so I can pick up those great deals from gohastings :lol

Any one got news on UK shops getting the MK4 ?.
I have my order at OSB but don't want to constantly ask and seem aggressively wanting it now.

Also, +1 to loontentoys from me. I bought my WM from him and the service was amazing. Not the sort of experience I would expect from a feebay user. He should consider making his own website to sell.

I have my order at OSB but don't want to constantly ask and seem aggressively wanting it now.

Also, +1 to loontentoys from me. I bought my WM from him and the service was amazing. Not the sort of experience I would expect from a feebay user. He should consider making his own website to sell.

I should think OSB will have the MKIV in very soon now that xmas and new year is over and the postal service is getting back on track.

Yup! Finally getting a chance to get the Mark IV in. Looking forward to it. Gonna be around $170 shipped it looks like after my RP.

Loontentoys is fantastic. His communication is brilliant and the packaging is superb.

Back