Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predict a Mark VI battle -damaged version which can be clean or damaged similar to Mark III. IMO HT will have to make it different enough from the Mark IV for the majority of collector's to purchase. I would pass on a simple repaint with different chest piece. Such subtle differences doesn't warrant another IM purchase of $180+.

The Mark 6 will be the ultimate ironman figure from this line as i predict all the suits gizmos and weapons will be included given that all the m4s design was based of of trailers and info supplied by marvel,with this release hot toys have time to study the film and include all the suits weaponry ..but as i stated in an earlier post ..the m4 is actually very accurate,its lack of weapons in comparison to the m3bd which may mislead you ..but the thing is you never see that suit do anything other then use its repulsors ..
Its only when he upgrades 2 the mark 6 that we see the suits other weapons ..and yes im aware the m4 probably did have lots of other weapons ..but they were never shown in the film.
I know allot of people aren't 2 mad on the triangle chest-piece and prefer the standard circular shape ..but if it means your getting a much more kitted out ironman ..i think its a handsdown pass on the m4 and just wait for the m6 ...if we have learned anything from the release of the m3 and then later the m3battle damage ..is that it is always better to wait especially when you know there are obvious changes and extras that can be givin to the figure in question.
I also wont buy warmachine unless hot toys give him the 1 weapon he is missing that showed up in the film ..if they do not give him it ..i will wait for the battle damage version ..and yes this is hot toys ..they will make one.

Last edited:
The differences between Mark IV and Mark VI (different chestplate and paintjob) are pretty similar than the ones between Mark II and Mark III (rivets and different paintjob).

It wasn't an issue on the Iron Man line I don't know why it has to be an issue with the IM2 line.

My guess is that the BD MkVI (if hot toys ever consider to make it) has to be an entirely different figure mainly because of the level of the damages (far superior than the Mark3).

And if one of the Marks has to be a DX, my guess is that it'll be the Mark V (with an alternate Tony Stark racing suit, PERS and bloody HS). Even if the Mark V could easily get a BD treatment too.

I had thought about waiting for the Mark VI instead of the IV, but now I think I'll get both. So making the VI stand out with added features is alright with me!

Believe me people the VI will be released .. whether it be a dx or battle damage or both thats the suit with all the firepower! ...people who have seen the movie already will know what i mean..

i have a feeling it'll at least be another year or more for the mark VI to come out. So guys, pick up the mark 3 BD now or wait for the mark IV and pick that up. I really see no point getting the Mark IV when you got the mark III BD though.

I have held off on all the Iron Man products until now. I gotta have this figure!

I actually prefer the slimmer proportions of this figure to those in the movie.

believe me,the hottoy line will only get better and better. I honestly nvr see myself being a collector of toys that costs around 230-260 CAD each.. but now.. i just can't resist the temptation!! Mark IV... you are one devil!! hahah btw i jsut got my Mk 3 BD ytd, i'm so loving it!!!

oh yeah, the mark IV should be around for sale in August-September. I just asked the salesmen at toys2 and that's the info i got from him. Hopefully i would have enough spare cash for thsi baby when it's out :p

I really see no point getting the Mark IV when you got the mark III BD though.

Even though I'm getting the III BD, I want the IV as a round-RT Iron Man that is totally without Battle Damage.

Even though I'm getting the III BD, I want the IV as a round-RT Iron Man that is totally without Battle Damage.

If you look closely you will see the figure has paint chipped away on some edges ..so it is not exactly without battle damage ..i myself prefer it a little worn but yet perfectly clean from a distance.

well for some of us, it also depends on how much we got to spend. So deciding the best purchase is the only way to go for us. However, I do admit i was initially sold on the Mk 4. Now after getting my BD mk 3 from toys2, i am leaning towards waiting for the Mk 6. (spaces and cash is very limited for me) I still have time to decide whether the mark 4 is worth is for me, just need to see more pics and perhaps in-hand pics from the early buyers.

and the only thing keeping me away from the mark 4 is the non-existent shoulder cannons. I'm having so much fun fiddling around w/ it on the mk3. :D
well lets not forget there is the amazing warmachine as well!! haha, hottoys.. u really know how to get to the bottom of my heart w/ these figures. XD

Ditto.

Need a clean Red and Gold IM with circular RT for the Hall of Armor display. (If HT does not release the display I'll have to make one myself.)

and the only thing keeping me away from the mark 4 is the non-existent shoulder cannons. I'm having so much fun fiddling around w/ it on the mk3. :D
well lets not forget there is the amazing warmachine as well!! haha, hottoys.. u really know how to get to the bottom of my heart w/ these figures. XD

Those shoulder weapons are on the M6 in the film ..thats why im gonna skip the m4 ...Ironman needs lots of weapons and the M6 will be sure to deliver them + i will have battle dam m3 in a few weeks..i think that will be the nail in the coffin 4 my decision on the m4.

well for some of us, it also depends on how much we got to spend.

I hear you! I need to be careful, but I'm thinking the MK VI is far enough away I'll be ready for another big purchase by then having recovered from getting the other figures. Still deciding on Whiplash.

If you look closely you will see the figure has paint chipped away on some edges ..so it is not exactly without battle damage ..i myself prefer it a little worn but yet perfectly clean from a distance.

Yeah, I noticed that. I didn't know if that was intentional or just some chipping on the proto. Either way I think it looks good.

I'm still deciding if I'm gonna buy IM2 figures, but if I have to choose between this Mk IV and a Mk VI, than I'd choose the IV. I don't mind that the figure doesn't have a lot of weaponry, because his main weapons are the repulsor things in the hands anyway. Plus the missile launch system that he has on his fore-arm looks awesome too.

I just like the look of the IV better than the look of the VI. I don't like the metal/silver arm and legpieces the VI has and I think the circular Arc-reactor looks a lot better than the triangular one.

So to me it would all come down to how the visual style of the suit is, and in this case I like the look of Mk IV the best.

I'm still deciding if I'm gonna buy IM2 figures, but if I have to choose between this Mk IV and a Mk VI, than I'd choose the IV. I don't mind that the figure doesn't have a lot of weaponry, because his main weapons are the repulsor things in the hands anyway. Plus the missile launch system that he has on his fore-arm looks awesome too.

I just like the look of the IV better than the look of the VI. I don't like the metal/silver arm and legpieces the VI has and I think the circular Arc-reactor looks a lot better than the triangular one.

So to me it would all come down to how the visual style of the suit is, and in this case I like the look of Mk IV the best.

Have you seen the film yet? ..if not you may like the VI better after seeing it in action.

Back