Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'll get an unmasked head with this and the flip up helmet with the Mark VI. This figure is clearly going to be based off of Tony in the donut, hense the accessories. And he is unmasked there. The Mark VI has him with the flip up helmet in the trailers with War Machine, so just like War Machine, I think we'll get the filp up on that one.

The Mark V? Who the heck knows :lol

yeah i figure as much also, or maybe HT will go above and beyond and have 3 heads? lol doubt it, ill be getting everything HT makes for this line, im a who re of sorts, :lol so im getting three mk 4 and two mk 6 i just hope the paint stays the same...

Whoe, whoe! I'm confused.

There's the Mark IV which is the one we see him in for most of the movie.
Is the triangle chest plate not just the Mark IV with a triangle as apposed to being new model?
Is the Mark VI the suitcase armour?

The reason I ask is that I was rather hoping we would get a new chest plate with this Mark IV!

Whoe, whoe! I'm confused.

There's the Mark IV which is the one we see him in for most of the movie.
Is the triangle chest plate not just the Mark IV with a triangle as apposed to being new model?
Is the Mark VI the suitcase armour?

The reason I ask is that I was rather hoping we would get a new chest plate with this Mark IV!

MkIV as you say, he wears for most of the movie and has the round chest piece

MkV is the suitcase armour

mkVI is the armour in the final battle with the triangle chest piece, more gold and the grey metal biceps. Pretty much the mkIV with differences such as diff paint and chest piece

Theres no way Hots will just give us an extra chestpiece to turn the IV into the VI ..they want to sell the VI as a whole new figure coz it will get hot toys allot more of this $$$.

If it was just the chest I have no doubt they would have just included two chest pieces with the figure, but it's not. The paint scheme is also different.

Yeah, HT will most probably release a whole new Mk VI figure. It'll probably come with an extra headsculpt in the style of War Machine with a removable faceplate, so collectors could recreate this scene:

iron-man-2-war-machine-jim-rhodes-rhodey-cropped-575x428.jpg

MkIV as you say, he wears for most of the movie and has the round chest piece

MkV is the suitcase armour

mkVI is the armour in the final battle with the triangle chest piece, more gold and the grey metal biceps. Pretty much the mkIV with differences such as diff paint and chest piece

Ahh! Thanks for clearing that up.

So the only difference in the Mark VI is the triangle and some difference colours.

I for one cannot say that I buy both this Mark IV and a possible Mark VI.

So the only difference in the Mark VI is the triangle and some difference colours.

In the film you see the mkVI utilise some different gadgets, some which its pretty safe to assume were present on the mkIV but there just wasnt the opportunity for them to be used. Others were designed for the mkVI which I think he mentions specifically such as:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If I was more of a completist I would get both but one version is enough and the mkIV design just hits the spot more for me than the mkVI does. Not saying one is better than the other, I just prefer it. I also prefer that with the mkIV you get a headsculpt of tony not in the helmet so theres the possibility for a stark in business suit kit bash with a better sculpt than that which came with the mkIII.

Also since its pretty safe to assume that the headsculpt which would come with the mkVI will be a helmet one with flip up visor, like Ingo (The Entity) said, will most likely be based off that final scene since he doesnt remove the helmet completely whilst in the mkVI. Then short of Hot Toys doing a different paint job like with the mkIII and mkIIIBD, you could just purchase that spare head and you will have that option also for the mkIV for those type of scenes in the film where he just flipped the visor or whatever. Unless ofcourse there are some differences in the helmet that I havent noticed.

Appologies for rambling on or if I dont make sense :lol:duh

And that is more reason for HT to release MVI last in the game and DX/BD it to help bring ppl like you back around and get you spend more than you want :lol
Considering that they are releasing this many IM2 figures the added bonus they have to throw in to make this happen will have to be significant so yeah to me that bonus the is lab!!!

In the film you see the mkVI utilise some different gadgets, some which its pretty safe to assume were present on the mkIV but there just wasnt the opportunity for them to be used. Others were designed for the mkVI which I think he mentions specifically such as:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If I was more of a completist I would get both but one version is enough and the mkIV design just hits the spot more for me than the mkVI does. Not saying one is better than the other, I just prefer it. I also prefer that with the mkIV you get a headsculpt of tony not in the helmet so theres the possibility for a stark in business suit kit bash with a better sculpt than that which came with the mkIII.

Also since its pretty safe to assume that the headsculpt which would come with the mkVI will be a helmet one with flip up visor, like Ingo (The Entity) said, will most likely be based off that final scene since he doesnt remove the helmet completely whilst in the mkVI. Then short of Hot Toys doing a different paint job like with the mkIII and mkIIIBD, you could just purchase that spare head and you will have that option also for the mkIV for those type of scenes in the film where he just flipped the visor or whatever. Unless ofcourse there are some differences in the helmet that I havent noticed.

Appologies for rambling on or if I dont make sense :lol:duh

My thoughts exactly ..but i myself will wait for the more weponised VI and just pic up the new downey sculpt from the IV loose on ebay.

My thoughts exactly ..but i myself will wait for the more weponised VI and just pic up the new downey sculpt from the IV loose on ebay.

Yeah or you can do it that way round. Really just comes down to which look you prefer better.

What will be pretty cool though about the mkIV, is that given no delays or anything, it shouldnt be too long after War Machine is released that the mkIV will then be realeased for some kick ass pictures :rock

I feel and still feel after seeing the movie that the mkIV looks like an awkward intermediary between the III and VI. It has the paint scheme of the III which doesn't really work with the IV/VI design and the triangular AT and more importantly the paneling around the RT works much better with the rest of the suit than the mkIII style chest.

I think that was entirely intentional, which is why I really like the IV, especially in relation to the VI because it shows visually the design progression. Something you don't often see on film, usually the design progression is behind closed doors.

It's not like the Begins suit vs the DK suit. That's just two different designs, it doesn't show the progression of design work between the two.

Finally saw the movie tonite, not bad at all :yess:

I am shock MK II got such long screen time unlike MK V, I wish HT will make a all new MK II, and please, a MK V DX !!! :thud:

I am shock MK II got such long screen time unlike MK V, I wish HT will make a all new MK II, and please, a MK V DX !!! :thud:

i just wish maybe we got a proper cheadle head with flip up visor, there is no _____*ing way im buying ANOTHER mk II,

Id buy another mark 2, considering I sold my old one :rotfl

and yeah, Mark V DX FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will he give me a discount or something if I mention u? =) Because it seems the ETA is exact for the overseas, but usually the US will get them MUCH later.

will he give me a discount or something if I mention u? =) Because it seems the ETA is exact for the overseas, but usually the US will get them MUCH later.

Nah! It's just good that a big seller like him is aware that his buyers know eachother and therefore be kept on his toes.

I'm in the UK and I am delighted with his service!

Back