Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just a quick question: :wave

Has anyone here already removed the batteries of his/her Mark IV? Can you totally remove the head armor of Mark IV to ease the removal of the battery cover behind the neck? :dunno

Hi guys, just a quick question: :wave

Has anyone here already removed the batteries of his/her Mark IV? Can you totally remove the head armor of Mark IV to ease the removal of the battery cover behind the neck? :dunno

Yes and yes.

Make sure you refer to the instructions for the right +/- connection, and you'll probably need to use a set of tweezers.

Why are you removing them? Problems with the lights?

If so, I have had problems with mine, as well. The light-up eyes on my Mark IV are VERY dim. Not sure why, since the base/neck seems to give off plenty of light. Perhaps my batteries are low, but I can't just walk into a store to replace them, without paying like $6 apiece.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes and yes.

Make sure you refer to the instructions for the right +/- connection, and you'll probably need to use a set of tweezers.

If so, I have had problems with mine, as well. The light-up eyes on my Mark IV are VERY dim. Not sure why, since the base/neck seems to give off plenty of light. Perhaps my batteries are low, but I can't just walk into a store to replace them, without paying like $6 apiece.

Yeah, you can get energizer batteries on ebay for like 50 cents a piece

Yes and yes.

Finished! Yeh, it's also on the instruction manual.

Nope, I just want to avoid leakage of batts..that's all. after all I already tested all the lights were just fine.

Yup, maybe the batts are now low. Hopefully you'll find a more cheaper price than that one.

Thanks for the advice rubio! :hi5: Best of luck! :)

Yeah, you can get energizer batteries on ebay for like 50 cents a piece

I know. That's what I'll end up doing, I've just been lazy about it.

Finished! Yeh, it's also on the instruction manual.

Nope, I just want to avoid leakage of batts..that's all. after all I already tested all the lights were just fine.

Yup, maybe the batts are now low. Hopefully you'll find a more cheaper price than that one.

Thanks for the advice rubio! :hi5: Best of luck! :)

Thank you, sir!

I can't remember where I have seen the post but the HT batts are the cheap ones and in at least one case the cap popped off. I still get the China made ones but hoping at least the GP brands are better. I get my batteries from dealextreme.com but not sure if they have all the sizes we need though

Good question.
I was debating whether or not to display the Mk.IV in a flying pose.
I'm sure members here have had there's in the clamp for a long time. I'd like to know if it leaves any markings on the armor too.

If you put soft rubber strips on the c-clamp that will prevent the plastic parts of the clamp and the armor scratching also the rubber strip would give it a nice grip and the figure won't fall.

Opened mine today.

Mark IV = Amazing

All my LEDS work, joints are nice and tight, panels all open great, torso joint is awesome, everything is just flawless.

Feels pretty sturdy when handling it, although it is much lighter than I was expecting. The only parts that scare me are the wrist flaps, (more when I was changing the hands, I was worried if my hand slipped I was going to break them), and removing the chest panel, which I will never do again since those two little pegs are all that holds it on and honestly there is little point in doing it.

If you put soft rubber strips on the c-clamp that will prevent the plastic parts of the clamp and the armor scratching also the rubber strip would give it a nice grip and the figure won't fall.
That's a great idea. I know where to find the self adhesive strips of rubber too. Thanks. :hi5:

Feels pretty sturdy when handling it, although it is much lighter than I was expecting. The only parts that scare me are the wrist flaps, (more when I was changing the hands, I was worried if my hand slipped I was going to break them), and removing the chest panel, which I will never do again since those two little pegs are all that holds it on and honestly there is little point in doing it.
I'm not 100% sure but I do believe the chest armor also snaps into place at the sides, that is, the portion of the chest armor that wraps around under the arms.
I agree. There really isn't a need to repeatedly remove the chest armor piece. Do it once, take the pictures, and put it right back on only to remain on his chest forever. :D

I'm not 100% sure but I do believe the chest armor also snaps into place at the sides, that is, the portion of the chest armor that wraps around under the arms.
I agree. There really isn't a need to repeatedly remove the chest armor piece. Do it once, take the pictures, and put it right back on only to remain on his chest forever. :D

Not for mine, the VI that is :D

Just opened my Mark IV. Took 2 weeks for my eBay seller to ship it, but worth the wait. This is the greatest piece I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing. I don't see how the Mark VI can beat it, or the Mark V for that matter. I have both the VI and V on pre-order and even if they just match the quality of this figure I will be thrilled.

Just opened my Mark IV. Took 2 weeks for my eBay seller to ship it, but worth the wait. This is the greatest piece I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing. I don't see how the Mark VI can beat it, or the Mark V for that matter. I have both the VI and V on pre-order and even if they just match the quality of this figure I will be thrilled.
That feeling of amazement, going from the Mk.III to the Mk.IV, was great. I was very impressed with what HT did with the Mk.IV.
I just don't believe I would get that same feeling going from the Mk.IV to Mk.VI. That's not HT's fault. That's just because the difference between the armors is minimal.
However, I'm hoping the Mk.V ignites that feeling of amazement all over again. Judging from the pics of the prototype, the Mk.V will make me a happy camper. :banana

That feeling of amazement, going from the Mk.III to the Mk.IV, was great. I was very impressed with what HT did with the Mk.IV.
I just don't believe I would get that same feeling going from the Mk.IV to Mk.VI. That's not HT's fault. That's just because the difference between the armors is minimal.
However, I'm hoping the Mk.V ignites that feeling of amazement all over again. Judging from the pics of the prototype, the Mk.V will make me a happy camper.

Totally agree with the Mark V. I really love that color scheme and design. It's going to be hard waiting for that figure to come out. In the meantime, the Mark IV's a good hold over until the V comes out.

Opened mine today.

Mark IV = Amazing

All my LEDS work, joints are nice and tight, panels all open great, torso joint is awesome, everything is just flawless.

No need to worry about the wrist flaps. I've bent them as far as the would go back, and then some, and no problems whatsoever.

Back