Hot Toys Interview with Howard Chan 2017 Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said it's still the best policy to take a believe it when you see it approach with this stuff. I mean 5 years from now, assuming we haven't been incinerated in nuclear fire, we could be saying ''shyeah! And remember that interview where he said Catwoman would be coming out''

Howard should run for public office; empty promises and vague responses.

These interviewers are cowards; I would have asked: "When the hell are you guys going to get off your @$$ and actually release Drax, Ripley and BVS Wonder Woman?"

Wolf Predator? Nice. About time.

Although I can't put too much hope in any of these interviews because he'll mention specific things, and it NEVER comes out.

There's actually nothing in that list that interests me. Robocop Cain seems to be dead in the water, more Alien figures could just be referring to the long delayed Ripley, and the Matrix answer was so vague as to be meaningless. What we're actually getting is more Marvel and Star Wars, just minor variants of existing figures.

Well, they are mostly concentrated on doing this year's movies figures, that's what he said, and he likes Star Wars, so a lot of that too. That's the main message. Go buy unlicensed stuff if you want Logan or GitS figures, yeah, we got it.

I saw this posted around the forum in various threads so had to come here to check if it was legit.

Actually thought it was a spoof. :lol Absolute waste of time.

How does that change the fact he said they're still scheduled to be released? Would you prefer no update at all and just be left wondering? I don't see the point of your post, sorry.

HC interview = No update at all

After 5 years Penguin should have been on my shelf by now and NOT part of a 2017 HC interview is my point!!

Not sure if you were around when HT announced BATMAN RETURNS licence back in Feb 2012. I was extremely excited but as years went by with no update at all, then news HT has no plans at the moment, and then no updates. Now looking back its been over five year, it is frustrating! Also the fact that it was intended to be a DX (loved the DX experience) at the time which were around $220-$230. That is the cost of regular figures today.

What was the point with this, when clearly he doesn't want to reveal too much and give us clear answers.
The Rocky/Rambo question comes up occationally and have been for years now.

Yeah, but he used to say that Rambo and Rocky were in production, but now they're on "hold," which means they're not making them. They might not have the license anymore?

Maybe they're not a priority, so they'll wait for the "right" time, but 2017 is the 35th anniversary of FB, so you can't get more right than this year. Unless they're waiting for Stallone to make a new one or the reboot :lol

Vague answers and cancellations why even bother we can infer the cancellations by the lack of pre orders. They cryptic answers in response to upcoming release is a the equivalent of a fans wish list at best. What a waste of time

I like the answer about Cawoman. Means I'll hold off on the neca for her and penguin and just keep waiting. Also like the answers about prequel star wars figures. Of course they're not as good as the original trilogy but some of those characters are still ripe for figures. And since I just got 66 Batman and Robin, I'm very happy about Joker being more or less confirmed.

We all know what their (or his) priorities are and the ones we are asking for are none of them.
I just hope they'll consider making P1 2.0 for the 30th anniversary of the film.

Personally, I gave up on HT (too many Iron Man and SW with nothing in between). I sold my collection and moved on to 1/3 scale statues. If they continue to mess with their fans, a lot more people will end up doing the same.

Sounds like another TDK Joker maybe on the horizon. I thought it would be considering that next year will be TDK 10th anniversary. The whole interview is incredibly vague though, it makes you wonder why he even agreed to it if he was just gonna jerk us... oh I get it now.

Back