1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to go with the lightning effects last night to see how they looked. Regret it. The top right circle piece was the only one that gave me a lot of trouble. It would not come out for the life of me. Ended up snapping one of the tabs :(

One consideration to take into account is the instruction manual warns against prolong contact of eyepatch to sculpt could cause paint transfer.
Damn, that's quite deflating. That's the same reason I fear to display Ragnarok Thor with his helmet on. Appreciate the heads up.

Damn, that's quite deflating. That's the same reason I fear to display Ragnarok Thor with his helmet on. Appreciate the heads up.

That is good to know. I sometimes apply a thin sealer coat on contact points, and will do the same for the eyepatch. Basically invisible, but prevents paint transfer from plastic surfaces.

That is good to know. I sometimes apply a thin sealer coat on contact points, and will do the same for the eyepatch. Basically invisible, but prevents paint transfer from plastic surfaces.
You apply that to the headsculpt or the accessory or both?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You apply that to the headsculpt or the accessory or both?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just the accessories. I believe its called Pledge Revive now. Just apply one or two light coats with a paint brush, and it forms a thin transparent layer. I used it as a sealer when I made custom figures. It is basically watered down acrylic.

They say that as a precaution, but the likelihood of it happening is probably low. My TWS Sam Jackson has had the eye patch on for years now...last time I checked it was fine.

I decided to go with the lightning effects last night to see how they looked. Regret it. The top right circle piece was the only one that gave me a lot of trouble. It would not come out for the life of me. Ended up snapping one of the tabs :(

Dang, that stinks, sorry to hear!

Just a little fun with Thor until my neon Iron Man gets here. Sorry for the crappy pics. Thor is a great figure. Not a big fan of the dynamic stand though...does’t allow the cape to drape properly if you don’t have it high on the pole in a flight pose. Other than that no complaints.
3bb110187f58609ec94c301b3d137929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only accuracy problem is the axe. The head isnt big enough, the handle not close to long enough. The vines that wrap around and the little leaf are nowhere to be seen in the film. But thats about it really. And the figure is spectacular. No way you regret picking it up. At least if youre careful. I personally dont move my figures a lot. I find one pose that represents the character and they stay like that forever. Havent had any problems with pants and what not because they just sit like that so far.

Thank you!

I decided to do the following:

Bought ROTJ Luke (it was in my consideration set anyway), but in order to NOT miss Thor, I am going to pre-order the Iron Studios IW Thor statue.

That way, for the price of the HT Thor, I am getting both a HT Luke and a IW Thor (not as good as HT, but still a really good Thor statue).

I really liked Thor in IW, and it was the closest version of Thor I've been wanting to see (character and power-wise). I definitely want a representation of him, but I'm pressed as to which figure. The ML is a good figure, but the head sculpt is off, the s.h. figuarts is one bicep swivel away (also scaling with other 1/12 figures is somewhat of an issue), but this HT version, it does seem very good.

I’m not sure how you can even compare the HT version to ML and Figuarts. If you’re looking for a definitive version that’s as close to screen accuracy as possible, it’s HT.

Has anybody tried putting the arm lightning effects on Stormbreaker?

You could put it loose on the handle but you would most likely break them trying to stretch them on to the axe & hammer portions. If your not picky & not looking to resell you could mod lightning effects to fit on.

I’m not sure how you can even compare the HT version to ML and Figuarts. If you’re looking for a definitive version that’s as close to screen accuracy as possible, it’s HT.

Of course, others cannot compare to HT. But for me, I reserve HT for figures that are absolute must-gets and characters I take a great liking to (though some may come as a surprise). However movie Thor is a character that's quite not on top of the list of my most favorites, so I'd want just "a" representation of him, but yes it's the best one out there now no doubt, and it's very tempting.

For those who have the figure, how does his arms bend? Any articulation on his waist? or is the only articulation on the feet, legs and head?

The waist twists a bit but is hindered by the armor. No ab crunch. The armored arms bend ok but not very far but the bare arms bend quite nicely and past 45 degrees.

Back