1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine this morning. Amazing figure. Have a few minor gripes:

3. His size - very minor one in comparison to iron man. The Iron Man figures have been increasing in size significantly, while the rest of the figures don't seem to be keeping in track with that. Even Tony's head looks disproportionate in size (maybe it should).

View attachment 431716View attachment 431717View attachment 431719View attachment 431720

That height difference is awful. Exactly one of the reasons I don't have a DC Iron Man and have been hesitant to get one. I chose to keep my original MKI War Machine & various Iron Man armors. The original plastic ones all scale nicely. The DC are too oversized to put with any of my other figures. It's like Iron Man is a whole other line. I really was thinking of selling both my MK7's (reg & BD) that would easily cover the cost of the DC MK7 (which is probably my favorite armor if I only ever kept 1), but after that picture... :( Meanwhile the TDW Thor & original MK7 look great together.

Not sure it’s an issue - suited Tony has a few inches on Thor. IM DCs seem to be right.

dd497baf96db616478d8b0b977332097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just the height difference, but overall size disparity (e.g. Tony's head vs Thor's). Not a Hot Toys issue, but I'd love to know how a Nano tech suit adds 8 inches in height. His arms would be completely disproportionate to the rest of his body. He goes from "petty...and tiny" to making Thor look Tiny by putting on a suit. Just seems off to me.

I mean RDJ is 5'8", who uses lifts to add a couple of inches, and then puts on armor that makes him 6'5". The movies are bending all kinds of things here. But I agree it would be nice if they were all better in scale with each other. But in the end doesn't bother me much.

One thing I haven't seen posted is Thor wearing the cape, but with bare arms. Although not shown in the movie, the cut scene when Thor first holds his hammer in the trailers has his arms bare. He didnt have armored arms until he arrives on midgard.

Not sure it’s an issue - suited Tony has a few inches on Thor. IM DCs seem to be right.

dd497baf96db616478d8b0b977332097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooooo based on that picture Falcon is like 7'? :rotfl RDJ wears lifts on set on he's still shorter than everyone, except ScarJo that is.

Has there ever been a complete practical suit of armor that RDJ has ever wore on set while filming? I thought the only time was in Iron Man 2. Not since then. All the armors have been nearly completely CGI, no?

rdj 1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And here is next to Chris Evans. And both Cap and Evans (6') are shorter than Thor and Hemsworth (6'3")

rdj 2.jpg

So still looks pretty off to me.

I plan on putting ankle extenders on mine when it gets here...i do it for all my thors. My thor will have bare arms and a cape, that looked awesome in the behind the scenes feature.

good lord- just enjoy the damn figure and stop arguing about the minutiae

Ummm... this is a discussion forum about dollies. Not a pep rally for how great HT is and how much one just loves their Thor Doll. I see you don't venture into too many areas on here. I'd definitely stay away from any Star Wars threads or movie threads if discussing this small issue is bothering you so much. :lol

Good luck not seeing people point out the things they are unhappy with. You may have to put the majority of collectors here on ignore.

Not a fan. Electronics wouldn't shut off without removing batteries and neck was stained from beard. On a user error note that eye patch is a pain to get centered.

Not a fan. Electronics wouldn't shut off without removing batteries and neck was stained from beard. On a user error note that eye patch is a pain to get centered.

Well, your faults seem to all be in the torso you could ask for a replacement; I've not experienced any of those issues myself. Head sculpt has no internal beard paint so no real way to transfer it unless you try pivoting the head down which this sculpt does not do to well, unless you pull the sculpt out of the neck socket. As I mentioned in a pervious post the battery & light operation is easier than any HT figure I've ever dealt with; batteries went in easy & just a lil finger flick puts the lights on & off. It is by far the most practical light up feature on a HT to use with no modifications & the only reason I still got the lightning effects on him. I saw the same thing with the floating eye patch but have not experienced this on my figure; the Infinity War one (gold accents) seems to fit better than the version from Ragnarok. though I can flip it upside down & place it on the other eye; believe it or not it works rather well.

I’m happy to pass on this figure as I love my Gladiator Thor, however I’d really like to get a couple of the ‘hand lightning’ parts off eBay in the future. I’d really like to create the scene with Thor discovering his true potential/powers in Ragnarok - looking down at his hands as they crackle with energy.

Should probably get this HS and the eyepatch as well maybe. Don’t know if I’d ever have the balls to go for an eyeless Thor though.

Staining on mine is not too bad (although more noticeable in person), so not a big deal. It was like this out of the box as I had not adjusted the neck yet. So just be aware that it's a potential issue

IMG_0382.jpg

Back