1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My repainting Thor's eyes (unre retouched photo)

Instagram: @Guillaume_customs

200601102254542856.jpg

Really beautiful job!

I can't get the appeal of this Thor, something is way off about it. I think it's the sculpt, arms and the simplicity of the costume.

Can't seem to pull the trigger on this guy.

I can't get the appeal of this Thor, something is way off about it. I think it's the sculpt, arms and the simplicity of the costume.

Yeah I totally get it. I ended up getting this because I felt like I needed a representation of IW Thor in my collection, but it?s not exactly ?worthy?. I suppose the simplicity isn?t on Hot Toys, but I can?t get behind the sculpt. I don?t know if this is controversial or not but to me there isn?t really a single angle where the sculpt looks like Hemsworth. Better luck with the Endgame version I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT one is way undersized... They corrected it in the Bro Thor Endgame version.

I have a friend with a 3D printed and he?s looking into making a 3d file of the Stormbreaker.
Not sure what the final cost will be(He?s looming into that for me right now).
But it might be something we are able to provide for sale. It all depends on what it will cost to print as I?d have to paint it afterwards.
As has been pointed out above, it should actually be a lot larger!

a477cc74969732e9feb50c2c3e0bfff8.jpg

I have a friend with a 3D printed and he?s looking into making a 3d file of the Stormbreaker.
Not sure what the final cost will be(He?s looming into that for me right now).
But it might be something we are able to provide for sale. It all depends on what it will cost to print as I?d have to paint it afterwards.
As has been pointed out above, it should actually be a lot larger!

a477cc74969732e9feb50c2c3e0bfff8.jpg

Ey that's nice of your friend!
Don't forget the bottom of the handle though! It's supposed to be flat, not curved upwards, and without any handle wrappings.

Don't forget the bottom of the handle though! It's supposed to be flat, not curved upwards, and without any handle wrappings.

Yeah. We are only talking about it right now.
I definitely want one for me.
But if it can be made cheaply enough that people might want one, I will post here.

Well...I decided that I needed a Thor in my growing Marvel collection especially the Avengers...so I went ahead and purchased the Thor Avengers Infinity War figure.
I am seriously hyped to receive this figure but I will be even more hyped once I put the fat version Thor from Endgame on pre-order very soon. Personally, I like a little more meat on my figures. 😎

Totally understandable, this definitely does not look like a classic Thor, especially the Thor that I grew up with. However, I am still think this is one badass looking figure regardless. I wonder if I can find another hot toys head sculpt on eBay from previous Thors with the long hair that will fit on this particular figure...That’s something to research and think about....I will also be looking for a better hammer for him as well as I am not liking how the one he comes with looks.

Last edited:
Received this figure today and I am very impressed. My only gripe is the lightning effects are too bright. I wonder if I can remove one battery out and have the lights dim down because when I light him up I sware it hurts my eyes almost looking at the sun.

I also notice that there are quite an amount of scuffs on the armor overall, these pictures really do not show it too much, however, this does not bother me one bit if anything I think the scuffs actually add to the character. I am very happy with this particular Thor...He is going to be perfect for when I receive my endgame Thanos in 3 days. I can only imagine the amazing poses I can do between these two figures, it is going to be incredible. 😎

I must say I think it is about time to get those display cases now as I have like 8 to 10 more figures still on the way...and this is only like one third of my collection...yes I need plenty of more space and display options for my figures.

I have not had much time to give him any super outstanding poses...however until I have him displayed alongside Thanos, that will all change. 🙂

Attachments

• 264C90D0-D742-445C-9103-7F68C791C3B3.jpg
    264C90D0-D742-445C-9103-7F68C791C3B3.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 8DDFB9F7-4790-4A27-B95C-0A8DBCEAFD8F.jpg
    8DDFB9F7-4790-4A27-B95C-0A8DBCEAFD8F.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 458
  • 6E879F0D-5A3E-485F-8D9E-3D836FD4B096.jpg
    6E879F0D-5A3E-485F-8D9E-3D836FD4B096.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 689465EF-95AA-421A-A912-B8AF69F9DBD4.jpg
    689465EF-95AA-421A-A912-B8AF69F9DBD4.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 542FF549-8768-4C36-8DB8-30E7564F5B9F.jpg
    542FF549-8768-4C36-8DB8-30E7564F5B9F.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 02496995-AB0C-409C-B852-955B392ECB19.jpg
    02496995-AB0C-409C-B852-955B392ECB19.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 454
A couple more...again I need more space for my figures. :)>

Attachments

• 0A6FE092-06DD-4D55-99C1-C1605D5D0384.jpg
    0A6FE092-06DD-4D55-99C1-C1605D5D0384.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 447
  • CF28A8EA-197D-403D-AE2C-DB487CC15273.jpg
    CF28A8EA-197D-403D-AE2C-DB487CC15273.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 435
The scuffs are supposed to be there. They just only come apparent under harsh lighting, so you usually don't notice them in photos.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The scuffs are supposed to be there. They just only come apparent under harsh lighting, so you usually don't notice them in photos.

Thank you for the reply. The scuffs actually do not bother me one bit and again, I find they actually add to the figure. I was just concerned that perhaps I had received a used figure as I had ordered this off of eBay, but the eBay seller?s reviews are very high, so I have no doubt in my mind that I did receive a brand new figure and not a used one...Plus when I first opened the box and smelled the figure, he definitely had that beautiful brand new figure smell. 🙂

Has anyone had issues with the batteries that came with their Thor??

I opened my one up the other day (He's still boxed) & one of the batteries was leaking...luckily it was in the plastic packaging they came in & not installed in the figure but I dumped all 3 & when I finally get round to setting him up I'll just buy new ones but thought it might be worth letting you know

I don't think he had been stored badly enough to cause the issue...in my wardrobe, box standing upright & away from any sources of heat or light

Might be worth a regular check going forward just in case

Neil

In general, batteries should only leak after they've been depleted, is my understanding--but if they've just been sitting in the box unused, well that's another great reason to never leave your batteries in a figure.

I know some feel the HT batteries are cheap and more prone to leakage, but since there's no way to verify such a claim, I play it safe and don't leave any batteries of any kind in the figure.

In general, batteries should only leak after they've been depleted, is my understanding--but if they've just been sitting in the box unused, well that's another great reason to never leave your batteries in a figure.

I know some feel the HT batteries are cheap and more prone to leakage, but since there's no way to verify such a claim, I play it safe and don't leave any batteries of any kind in the figure.

I recently opened up a figure from 2012 to replace the batteries and they were dry as a bone.
It just depends on your location and perhaps the humidity.

I recently opened up a figure from 2012 to replace the batteries and they were dry as a bone.
It just depends on your location and perhaps the humidity.

I just recently pulled the batteries out of my Hot Toys Classic Predator and they actually still worked like new. They have been inside the figure since 2011 the year it was just released...or was it 2012? Either way all my batteries from several other figures from around 2012 all still worked...so leaking from a pretty new figure in the box? The battery must have been defective to begin with.

My friend has been plugging away on the axe head and has the main shape finished.
I?m not sure whether the runes would look better engraved in the surface, or as water slide decals on top of the surface.

a43f1eb18b7f9818a0ad3755a8e4aeac.jpg

Back