1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, probably best to get a replacement. As it's darker than his skin tone, I'd first be tempted to take the corner of one of those Magic Eraser pads and lightly rub it to see if I could lighten it up & blend it in, but I know you've been hesitant to mess with figures in the past. Plus with it just out of the box that shouldn't be necessary.

True dat...that's what Sideshow told me to do during the stain-gate with Star-Lord 2.0. I would give it a try, but I don't have a Magic Eraser pad and don't feel inclined to pick one up for the sole purpose of maybe getting a scratch off a newly-purchased figure...if I had one then sure, why not?

But yeah, you guys are right...request for a replacement is probably the best option. Thanks for your feedback peeps! :hi5:

True dat...that's what Sideshow told me to do during the stain-gate with Star-Lord 2.0. I would give it a try, but I don't have a Magic Eraser pad and don't feel inclined to pick one up for the sole purpose of maybe getting a scratch off a newly-purchased figure...if I had one then sure, why not?

But yeah, you guys are right...request for a replacement is probably the best option. Thanks for your feedback peeps! :hi5:

For the $4-5 it would cost for a pack of pads I'd probably still try removing it first. If the Magic Eraser takes off the underlying paint on the neck you can still ask for a replacement and just tell Sideshow that's how it came. It's not as if they'll know any different. Plus isn't the vinyl material infused with the purple dye (i.e., it's purple throughout)? Seems to me it's got a good chance of working.

For the $4-5 it would cost for a pack of pads I'd probably still try removing it first. If the Magic Eraser takes off the underlying paint on the neck you can still ask for a replacement and just tell Sideshow that's how it came. It's not as if they'll know any different. Plus isn't the vinyl material infused with the purple dye (i.e., it's purple throughout)? Seems to me it's got a good chance of working.

But that would require me to go outside, head to the grocery store, look up and down the aisles for it, make the purchase, go back home, open the package, get my Thanos, and scrub the neck HOPING the scratch comes off...I dunno, seems like a lot of work and I'm a laaaaaazyyy guy. :rotfl

Can you do it for me? :lol

But that would require me to go outside, head to the grocery store, look up and down the aisles for it, make the purchase, go back home, open the package, get my Thanos, and scrub the neck HOPING the scratch comes off...I dunno, seems like a lot of work and I'm a laaaaaazyyy guy. :rotfl

Can you do it for me? :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Wait a minute - is it 2008 and are you my teenage son?

But come now, if it's in lieu of (I'm assuming) contacting Sideshow, getting a return shipment label, boxing him back up, taking him to your UPS store and then impatiently waiting for his replacement, wouldn't a lazy person find the Magic Eraser an appealing option? Worst case you have to make TWO trips outside. :wink1: Here's an idea: Have Thanos in the car with you when you go to the store. You try the fix in the parking lot - If it doesn't work, straight to the UPS store! :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Wait a minute - is it 2008 and are you my teenage son?

But come now, if it's in lieu of (I'm assuming) contacting Sideshow, getting a return shipment label, boxing him back up, taking him to your UPS store and then impatiently waiting for his replacement, wouldn't a lazy person find the Magic Eraser an appealing option? Worst case you have to make TWO trips outside. :wink1: Here's an idea: Have Thanos in the car with you when you go to the store. You try the fix in the parking lot - If it doesn't work, straight to the UPS store! :lol

Dad...is that you?! Why did you abandon me and mom?! We've been looking for you for years now! :pfft:

And I dunno...leaving Thanos in a hot car...I might come back to a puddle of purple and then they'll lock me up for Thanos-negligence.

But in all seriousness, I will try and see if I can get that scratch/stain removed myself...if it's a no-go, then I'll go the replacement route.

Dad...is that you?! Why did you abandon me and mom?! We've been looking for you for years now! :pfft:

And I dunno...leaving Thanos in a hot car...I might come back to a puddle of purple and then they'll lock me up for Thanos-negligence.

But in all seriousness, I will try and see if I can get that scratch/stain removed myself...if it's a no-go, then I'll go the replacement route.

I was assuming it wouldn't take you that long to find the Magic Erasers. :lol Hint: Look near the sponges and kitchen cleaning supplies.

Then again, leaving him in a hot car for a while would probably be just as good as the hair dryer trick for the shoulder gap, so push down on that vest before turning on the AC. If you wait long enough, there might be the added benefit of getting high off of the fumes. :lol

I was assuming it wouldn't take you that long to find the Magic Erasers. :lol Hint: Look near the sponges and kitchen cleaning supplies.

Then again, leaving him in a hot car for a while would probably be just as good as the hair dryer trick for the shoulder gap, so push down on that vest before turning on the AC. If you wait long enough, there might be the added benefit of getting high off of the fumes. :lol

Wow, maybe the hot car method may be the real winning method! You're onto something here! :rotfl

Hey this might be a dumb question, but does the left arm (the non-switchable arm) pop out too? I'm asking because I'm gonna send the body back for a replacement.

Hmm so I thought I would just be sending my Thanos body back for a replacement, but apparently my seller (PCZ) wants me to return the entire package back to him just in case he can only provide a refund instead of a replacement.

I'm finding that a bit odd since I can't see why Sideshow wouldn't provide a replacement given the blatant defect/scratch. Not only that, but Thanos is still very much in stock with Sideshow. Also in the past when seeking replacements from PCZ I only had to send back the damaged/defective item instead of the entirety of the box/package/figure.

What do you guys think?

Hmm so I thought I would just be sending my Thanos body back for a replacement, but apparently my seller (PCZ) wants me to return the entire package back to him just in case he can only provide a refund instead of a replacement.

I'm finding that a bit odd since I can't see why Sideshow wouldn't provide a replacement given the blatant defect/scratch. Not only that, but Thanos is still very much in stock with Sideshow. Also in the past when seeking replacements from PCZ I only had to send back the damaged/defective item instead of the entirety of the box/package/figure.

What do you guys think?

What do I think? I think this was you looking for that Magic Eraser...:lol

What do you guys think?

Well, since the defect is a small paint smear and not something like a broken legjoint or whatever, I'm assuming your seller wants the full figure back so he can sell it again. You'll get a new one, your old one goes back into stock to be sold to someone else. I'm sure there are people out there who would ofcourse be bothered by a paint smear, but wouldn't want the hassle of sending it back over just that, or would try a magic eraser kinda thing. The seller probably bets on that as well.

What do you guys think?

While it’s ultimately going to be your decision, I wouldn’t send it back unless I wanted a refund. That’s what it sounds like the case will be. I guess at that point, you can buy him somewhere else. If you’re patient, you can nab one on the secondary market for a couple of hundred dollars when the Endgame Version releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got this BEAST, and he's amazing they really nailed the likeness I think!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

I remember and have been victim to Leto Joker “stain-gate” but I don’t remember Star Lord 2.0’s stain issues, was it the red shirt?

I remember and have been victim to Leto Joker “stain-gate” but I don’t remember Star Lord 2.0’s stain issues, was it the red shirt?

It was the red jacket...the collar of his jacket would stain the neck red. For reasons unknown, HT packaged Star-Lord 2.0 without a plastic neck wrap, so with the collar pressed against his neck for extended period of time it caused paint to transfer onto the skin.

Later on some collectors figured out the scarf would reverse the staining mark, but by then that remedy was useless for me since I opted to return him., even though I really wanted to keep him, but couldn't justify the stain defect on a $250 figure....:gah:

It was the red jacket...the collar of his jacket would stain the neck red. For reasons unknown, HT packaged Star-Lord 2.0 without a plastic neck wrap, so with the collar pressed against his neck for extended period of time it caused paint to transfer onto the skin.

Later on some collectors figured out the scarf would reverse the staining mark, but by then that remedy was useless for me since I opted to return him., even though I really wanted to keep him, but couldn't justify the stain defect on a $250 figure....:gah:

Well I hadn’t noticed that on mine and I honestly don’t even recall that issue. Do you remember if it was the long coat or the short one?

Back