Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow waited a long time for the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man to be available for pre-order but yet the HK sellers had it. Similar to this. There must be something weird with licensing.

Now I'm definitely happy I preorder with Kit. Lol but paying that $400 is gonna suck.

Is it odd that Hasbro can keep selling their DOD Indy figures with the backpack but this can't go up for pre-order?

We're all just speculating that it's the backpack licensing issues holding it up. It could be something else entirely.

Now I'm definitely happy I preorder with Kit. Lol but paying that $400 is gonna suck.
You'd have paid that through Sideshow at the worst.

Maybe saved a little through a LCS here or there.

I think this came down to a "am I willing to spend $50 more and know I get it" situation. At least for me, that's how I saw it.

You'd have paid that through Sideshow at the worst.

Maybe saved a little through a LCS here or there.

I think this came down to a "am I willing to spend $50 more and know I get it" situation. At least for me, that's how I saw it.
Yeah that's what I thought of also. And seeing as how SS was taking to long I said screw it and went with Kit. Plus Kit is very trustworthy and is my go-to for other figures. SS is mainly for HT and payment plans.

I ended up ordering from KG Hobby recently as they still had him up for pre-order. Also came across these pics.

F5C148EF-2D24-4A12-9449-ACDCE900F997.png
C464C70D-2C9D-4E41-BECD-BD8B6692DA94.png
D9AF94E9-C139-4E2B-844A-66A5A997CF28.png
46BF3855-BE97-4FFA-83C9-A0F01ACEC12C.png
63B4BD53-6C7A-46D9-A163-59E7D0BA4FF2.png
51916C8A-F921-4B2B-A377-0B888992694D.png
7754083B-70D0-473F-9F90-D1759C8F7D45.png
B9A67493-7B1A-43CB-AB1E-65823A1E3982.png

A few people on FB believe this won't get made due to the license issue that is going on. Funny enough I don't agree and we know this will still be made with or without the bag.

It’ll still get made just like the Andrew Garfield Spiderman still got made. It’ll just take some time to go up in the US just as the AG one did. It’s just going to take some time. As we all know (or at least most of us know) licensing and copyright works a little differently overseas than it does in the US.

This was a bad movie. Saw it and boy oh boy....was never going to get the figure, but wouldn't be surprised if lack of interest makes this a no go.

It’ll still get made just like the Andrew Garfield Spiderman still got made. It’ll just take some time to go up in the US just as the AG one did. It’s just going to take some time. As we all know (or at least most of us know) licensing and copyright works a little differently overseas than it does in the US.
That's why I figured KG Hobby might be a safe bet. Would have ordered from Kit but they had already closed their pre-orders.

That's why I figured KG Hobby might be a safe bet. Would have ordered from Kit but they had already closed their pre-orders.
Makes sense. If I wanted one bad enough, I probably would’ve done the same but I really only want a few parts. Like the boots and maybe the whip and jacket.

Back