Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason SS isn't working for me. I'll preorder the deluxe there also but will probably keep my po with Kit.

What’s up with the sideshow hate? They’re MUCH better than ordering on other websites
In general, a lot of collectors don't like that sideshow charges a relatively high shipping price w/o double boxing included while other retailers charge equal or even lower shipping rates than SS while including double boxing. Also, a lot of collectors don't like being charged tax if you're in the US or other fees if you're international from SS. There are still some places to order that won't charge you tax on top of the MSRP+shipping. Lastly, lots of folks are choosing to go with overseas retailers as they're paying the same or even less than what SS charges, getting the figure faster and typically paying no extra fees like tax/VAT.

I will say that on higher priced items, I tend to prefer to order from SS or US retailers that get their stock from SS in the event I get a defective figure. They make it pretty easy to get a replacement

EDIT: and as @Entropy mentioned below, the RPs now expire, so you can't just keep stacking them up for a big purchase any longer. The RPs system seem to only really be especially beneficial if you pretty much only buy all your collectibles direct from SS.

Last edited:
Ordered the regular from SS (still have a deluxe from KG Hobby which I'll maybe just keep for parts)
Yea I'm thinking of ordering the deluxe for parts. I definitely want the shirt (or at the very least the shirt buttons) to put on my SS TOD Indy as well as the deluxe base. While the hat appears to be pretty small for this one, I do wonder if it would be a good size for the smaller SS TOD headsculpt. Shoes and whip from this will be used to upgrade the DX05 ones I'm still using for my ROTLA Indy. I have the PICKZ boots, but haven't even tried them out yet.

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to use this for a TLC Indy, but the shirt and pant colors just look completely wrong for that. And I haven't had the slightest urge to rewatch the movie since it came out on streaming, so that probably rules out getting it for his DOD look.

I'd love to be able to use this for a TLC Indy, but the shirt and pant colors just look completely wrong for that. And I haven't had the slightest urge to rewatch the movie since it came out on streaming, so that probably rules out getting it for his DOD look.
The pants look like they might be decent for Raiders, maybe too dark but similar in tone to the Sideshow TOD pants. In either case the full figure will probably just represent a generic old Indy to go with old Han.

Back