Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only just learning about this now, but ...

If you recall, Sideshow had the modify the pattern on the cardigan for their Big Lebowski, because the actual movie cardigan was a trademarked design. Sideshow probably could've licensed it with the manufacturer, but they chose not to. It probably wasn't worth jacking up the price another $5, just to replicate the pattern. There have been other instances of 1/6 scale military figures being confiscated at customs because the rifle manufacturers claimed infringement on the scaled rifles. So, at this point, no matter what Lucasfilm does, Hot Toys will have to change the backpack, because Frost River can claim infringement. If I'm Hot Toys, I'd probably just remove the backpack altogether.
So Frost River is actually suing LucasFilm over that backpack now. LucasFilm should just agree to give them a share of the profits from the film. Oh wait...

Good, maybe this will make HT hold back OLD Indy and quickly give us YOUNG Indy in order to make some money off this movie.

Or just make Mads' Jurgen Voller. Or wait -- I'm the only one who would buy him. :(

I can't see HT making Voller. Unless they love Mads in HK or something.

Not since Sideshow has there been a 1/6th Indy villain produced (I'm not counting those horrible 12-inch-dolls by Hasbro).

Good, maybe this will make HT hold back OLD Indy and quickly give us YOUNG Indy in order to make some money off this movie.

Or just make Mads' Jurgen Voller. Or wait -- I'm the only one who would buy him. :(
That would be great if they produced young Indy instead of DOD Indy with the leather goods from the DOD offering. You would still need to replace the gun belt holster and bag strap but the base would be a great start.

Frost River's lawsuit will sell a lot of backpacks. What great advertising. Usually it's a trawl through the internet to find a match.
I'd never heard of Frost River but now thinking of getting one because it's Indy-gear.

I don't think Hot Toys will have to change much on the 1/6 scale Indy backpack though.
They made Marty McFly's Nike Bruins and Nike Mags without the swoosh. Barely any change there. I don't see why this wouldn't be the same.

The only thing about this older look that's driving me crazy is...no gun belt.
Indy needs his gun, at any age. It's a part of the character's iconic look.

It is a good looking figure...wonder if it'll PO or enter the figure netherworld known as Howard's private collection?

I say lose the silly backpack...he's got his iconic shoulder bag. Ditch the backpack, give him the gun and let's PO this sucker!

Last edited:
Maybe he's perfectly comfortable with the size of his dick and didn't feel the need to carry a phallic symbol on his belt anymore to prove he's a virile male specimen?

Back