Hot Toys - Hall of Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this means we get a new Mark 1. I have the original, but would love to have just the armor by itself. It is the only suit you have to take apart to make it appear empty and unmanned.

Is it just me or does this seem like a waste??! I'd rather have cool figures, than an expensive display case.

Seems a little that way, but at the same time I have to say I like to waste my money :)

WTF?!? I'm as big a IM fan as the next guy, but really? They already gave us the stands, then we have the gantry coming out, now this? Its like HT is releasing Tony Stark's entire lab 1 piece at a time. Its cool and all, but I just don't see many people having the room or the money to spend on all these set pieces.

This may seem like a waste of money for some, but for others who always dreamed of having a Hall of Armor but could not make their own, this is a dream come true. I was contemplating on getting those light up stands for my Iron Men and that alone would have cost me $50+ for each. If this Hall of Armor diorama is a decent price, then it's worth it!

I was worried that they would remake the Mark I, but on the bottom of the 1st picture it states "The Mark 1 Collectible Figure is not for sale."

Yeah, but one wonders why they showed that particular model in the HOA.

With the Hall of Armor. Doesn't mean it won't be later.

Well lets look at it in business terms...

If HT makes it. Those who do want it, will (mostly) buy it = Cash for Hot Toys

if HT doesn't make it. Those who don't want it made will be happy = No Cash for Hot Toys

So i imagine they will remake it, but it will raise alot of controversy on if HT are collectibles.

I usually don't mind it they remake things, but if they were to remake Blade i'd be happy for those who missed it but i'll also think it'd make mine feel a little bit less special.

In terms of remakes, if they do the same character in a different way or from a different film, then it'll please everyone.

Like a battle-damaged Wolverine, it'd be unique enough from the original that both those who missed and those who have the original would be happy.

Last edited:
They will have used the Mark I because it's the largest armour. They were just showing that it can fit the largest one in.

Hope the side walls can pop of easily enough, or are made to do so, to make it accurate being displaying one than one side by side, otherwise will have a double wall lining, with lights. Just realised whilst writing this that probally won't be possible as I doubt battery supply is in side walls, so will have wire coming from side light to base, unless they make a contact plate which I doubt. So therefor the Custom ones beig made by Orbit may actually be better for those going for a full option of a hall of armour. Will have to wait on the spec from Hot toys.

Just playing devils advocate here cause I agree with you all about remaking figures and it killing the value of our figures.

Everyone always talks about how if you're in this hobby you should be in it for the love of the figure and no looking at making a profit on flipping figures. Why is everyone here suddenly worried about figures being remade? Shouldn't we be happy a new ones coming along with "better" features? It's like the PS going to a PS2 then the PS3. Or Sony coming out with a new 60" screen tv. It's just a newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back