1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detolf's have 15" of clearance per shelf and Groot's 15.35", so he will need to do the head leaning thing or crouch to fit. Personally I would mod the height of the shelves (just using those U screws w/bolts) since I think he needs a bit of head room to breathe and some poses (e.g., glowing hand) will look best with him able to stretch his arm up past his head.

yea i've been seeing the KO groots popping up on the bay... $120 shipped w/ the base and such... looks just like the real thing so watch out if you are buying one!

So will Groot fit on a Detolf shelf without the stand or do you have to have him lean to the side or bend at the knees a bit?

In my review I stated if you wanted to use the stand you would have to lean the figures head but without the stand he can stand straight up without modding your Detolf shelving. I hope this helps. :)

Great news if the two packs are shipping! I only received the 3-5 week notice last week...

Has anyone received an Exclusive set yet?

Still not seen a photo of the potted baby Groot twig yet. :lol

A SSC customer rep just advised that the 2 Pack Exclusives have started to come in, and will be going out in batches....

Got the set and love it! Groot really might be the best 1/6 figure I own. At least my favorite. He has a great wow factor.

Had problems posing Rocket as his limbs and tail kept popping off. Went back in easily but was annoying. I also couldn't for the life of me get them into the riding on his shoulder pose. Anyone have tips for that?

Here are my pics:

GOTG-5174 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5177 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5179 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5190 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5200 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5206 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
GOTG-5209 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr

New Guardians shelf:
GOTG-5212 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr

18628060296_c986c4e2fe_c.jpg

tumblr_m50evcW48C1rvkqu8o1_r1_400.gif

Great photos - I was afraid I would like those baby Groots. Thankfully though I think if the Exclusive does not go back up I would be happy with just the one with arms. Unfortunately this rules out getting them individually as the way I want to display these I need at least 1 baby Groot.

Back