1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures FullMetalHippie. I wish I knew where to find a Gamora for a reasonable price though. I'll probably have to wait for the GotG2 version.

If you're patient you can wait for Spooktacular. I'm sure she'll be available for a great price by then.

Has anyone tried to mod Groots "glowing hand" so it actually glows?
Like with an LED light up there?
Why didn't Hot Toys make it glow?

Just got these guys a day early. Fantastic set. Immediately in the "will never sell" category. Groot is an incredible, stand-out figure and Rocket in-hand is as good as I could've hoped. Even if I only liked Groot, I'd have picked-up this set and sold Rocket on, just so that I could get all the extras that come with Groot.

DarthTrafford, can't see a mod like that working out too well without being quite messy looking but the hand's quite well done and looks pretty convincing. It catches the light nicely and I think is a nice display option. Given how seamless Groot appears, I'm glad they did not add a battery compartment especially since many would never display him with the glowing hand, anyway.

Just got these guys a day early. Fantastic set. Immediately in the "will never sell" category. Groot is an incredible, stand-out figure and Rocket in-hand is as good as I could've hoped. Even if I only liked Groot, I'd have picked-up this set and sold Rocket on, just so that I could get all the extras that come with Groot.

DarthTrafford, can't see a mod like that working out too well without being quite messy looking but the hand's quite well done and looks pretty convincing. It catches the light nicely and I think is a nice display option. Given how seamless Groot appears, I'm glad they did not add a battery compartment especially since many would never display him with the glowing hand, anyway.

Ooh, now I'm even more hyped up for the set. :panic:

Has anyone received an Exclusive set yet?

Still not seen a photo of the potted baby Groot twig yet. :lol
Yep, and they're both in there (definitely the standard pot with two-armed Groot is the more interesting of the two, though). Just an excellent overall package. All the accessories are great, with Groot's screaming headsculpt and Rocket's rifle being favourites. Really the only thing I wasn't floored with were the bases. They're kinda so-so since HT didn't go the extra mile and make them true 'grates' but I doubt I would display them, anyway. Will try and rig something up so that they're not on bases but Rocket is somehow suspended behind Groot's shoulder. That's another nice thing, incidentally. Prior to getting the set, I looked at Rocket as more or less an accessory for Groot, so wasn't too concerned about how he looked on his own, but it's actually a really nice figure (as long as one wasn't expecting real fur, etc.). Will definitely switch up how they're displayed over time.

Ooh, now I'm even more hyped up for the set. :panic:
You're in for a treat, skizzoid. The amount of detail on Groot is just amazing. Watch those protruding twigs, though. Easy to put your hand in the wrong spot even with prior warning. They're quite soft but still, probably wouldn't take too much effort to snap one off.

Got my final Flexpay payment notice today for the 15th :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! I wonder if any full-payment people will be getting charged next week too.

Yep, and they're both in there (definitely the standard pot with two-armed Groot is the more interesting of the two, though). Just an excellent overall package. All the accessories are great, with Groot's screaming headsculpt and Rocket's rifle being favourites. Really the only thing I wasn't floored with were the bases. They're kinda so-so since HT didn't go the extra mile and make them true 'grates' but I doubt I would display them, anyway. Will try and rig something up so that they're not on bases but Rocket is somehow suspended behind Groot's shoulder. That's another nice thing, incidentally. Prior to getting the set, I looked at Rocket as more or less an accessory for Groot, so wasn't too concerned about how he looked on his own, but it's actually a really nice figure (as long as one wasn't expecting real fur, etc.). Will definitely switch up how they're displayed over time.

You're in for a treat, skizzoid. The amount of detail on Groot is just amazing. Watch those protruding twigs, though. Easy to put your hand in the wrong spot even with prior warning. They're quite soft but still, probably wouldn't take too much effort to snap one off.

Thanks for the warning about the little twigs; I've heard that a few times, and odds are that I'll still forget when I get it in hand. And I'm curious to see what you end up rigging up stand-wise. I dislike stands, and this set may make me finally use them so that I can pose Rocket on Groot. I don't trust gravity enough to not try to knock down Rocket no matter how carefully I balance him.

Sigh... only 3-5 more weeks.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I guess their are fake Groot's out there.

zfake5.jpg

zfake2.jpg

zfake3.jpg

Probably made at the same factory and shipped out the back door. Seems like there are a tonne of fakes in HK, especially those egg attack and kid robot little figures.

Probably made at the same factory and shipped out the back door. Seems like there are a tonne of fakes in HK, especially those egg attack and kid robot little figures.

Usually the figures are stolen by workers and sold/or given to a KO company that will make molds from the figures and use the same machinery to remake the items, but with lower quality paint and plastics. Some of these companies actually legitimize themselves, like Datong that is a real company that KO's Bandai's Tamashii SHF Figuarts figures. I think they even won their lawsuit to stay in business after Bandai went after them.

Usually the figures are stolen by workers and sold/or given to a KO company that will make molds from the figures and use the same machinery to remake the items, but with lower quality paint and plastics. Some of these companies actually legitimize themselves, like Datong that is a real company that KO's Bandai's Tamashii SHF Figuarts figures. I think they even won their lawsuit to stay in business after Bandai went after them.

Crazy that they can get away with it.
You can see the paint doesn't look as good on the fake Groot, so I suspected that the assembled figures made their way out somehow.
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to steal from a manufacturing floor, especially if the higher up staff are in on the deal.

Back