1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

I agree with you guys. Case in point is 3Z's Tyrion. Unique body, complex costume, one head, two minor accessories coming in at ~$120 or less. That was fair, and he's taller. I get that Rocket has a body sculpt that is much more elaborate than Tyrion, but even then it's a stretch. Plus, we all know there will be a blue/teal suited version in the future; easy reuse, and the body will get reused for GOTG2. Had this figure toyed in the ~$120 range I believe he would have drawn a lot more attention. The sculpt's teeth just don't do it for me either.
We all regularly spend as much or more on consumables where there's nothing to show for it in the end, so I don't get all the harping on this figure. It's "disposible" income for a reason, yeah?

We probasbly won't see these till July...

Two pack only way to go- Rocket without Groot???
plus Rocket hugely overpriced by himself

Re: Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

We all regularly spend as much or more on consumables where there's nothing to show for it in the end, so I don't get all the harping on this figure. It's "disposible" income for a reason, yeah?
I get where you are coming from when you say that, but I don't find it to be logic I'm compatible with. That's like saying you paid first class price for end of plane, next to the toilets seats to go on a joyride trip, or paid the price of a higher end model of a car but only received the baseline one. It doesn't matter if it's "disposable income", money is money, and the money you allot for collecting can just as easily can be used for food, gas, or clothes. So being critical of what one gets vs. price paid is not something you can just throw out the window because it's utilizing "disposable income". Why do you think price vs. content is one of the only consistent factors across all reviews? Income is income and arguably can always be used for a necessity.

I need at least two of Rocket. Just because.
I will probably pick up just the solo of him at some point because I want the solo box for him as well.

Delayed again.

"We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from the manufacturer of this item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse between April and June 2015. However, with the updated information provided to us by the manufacturer we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse between June and July of 2015".

I get where you are coming from when you say that, but I don't find it to be logic I'm compatible with. That's like saying you paid first class price for end of plane, next to the toilets seats to go on a joyride trip, or paid the price of a higher end model of a car but only received the baseline one. It doesn't matter if it's "disposable income", money is money, and the money you allot for collecting can just as easily can be used for food, gas, or clothes. So being critical of what one gets vs. price paid is not something you can just throw out the window because it's utilizing "disposable income". Why do you think price vs. content is one of the only consistent factors across all reviews? Income is income and arguably can always be used for a necessity.
Sure, sure, but you and i have no clue what goes into making and pricing these figures (despite what all the internet experts here seem to think). Unlike I guess you and a lot of others, I don't feel at all that HT is ripping us off or gouging us. I'm sure if they could've, they'd have priced Rocket lower but the price is what it is. If it's that big a deal, buy them separately and apply coupons to each. There, problem solved. ;)

Rocket's mouth needed to be articulated!!!! We could have had screaming and grinding teeth in one face sculpt. Can't wait for my Comic shop to get these as I pre ordered about a month ago. Too bad about Gamorra's rubber issue...

Calling it now: Rocket in yellow prison jumpsuit with screaming sculpt as Summer Toy Fair EX.

Sure, sure, but you and i have no clue what goes into making and pricing these figures (despite what all the internet experts here seem to think). Unlike I guess you and a lot of others, I don't feel at all that HT is ripping us off or gouging us. I'm sure if they could've, they'd have priced Rocket lower but the price is what it is. If it's that big a deal, buy them separately and apply coupons to each. There, problem solved. ;)

Rocket is tiny, hence the comparison to figures like Neca and Marvel Legends/Select since he's first been shown. I'm not sure what the Storm Trooper had to do with this figure? Anyway, if you put a HT Iron Man next to a Neca or Marvel Select figure and it's easy to distinguish which is the premium collectible and why. If we're being honest, this Rocket doesn't raise the bar like that at all.

This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if there are there any vendors in Hong Kong selling the set for a reasonable price?

Rocket is tiny, hence the comparison to figures like Neca and Marvel Legends/Select since he's first been shown. I'm not sure what the Storm Trooper had to do with this figure? Anyway, if you put a HT Iron Man next to a Neca or Marvel Select figure and it's easy to distinguish which is the premium collectible and why. If we're being honest, this Rocket doesn't raise the bar like that at all.
The Stormtrooper was compared because it's $40 more for a standard TT and for a figure that will outsell this custom body many times, I would guess. Anyway, if you don't like the price, move on. You've had what, a year+ to accept it? Vote with your wallet and show HT, if you like, but the whiny posts about the price should stop, at some point.

The Stormtrooper was compared because it's $40 more for a standard TT and for a figure that will outsell this custom body many times, I would guess. Anyway, if you don't like the price, move on. You've had what, a year+ to accept it? Vote with your wallet and show HT, if you like, but the whiny posts about the price should stop, at some point.

Storm Trooper will outsell this because Star Wars.

You could have ignored my comment but you chose to engage and debate my man. Just sayin'.

I thought there was going to be two versions of the potted baby groot coming with this pack. I guess they only went for the dancing version then.

I think getting the 2 pack is a better deal because Rocket is expensive on his own. Groot at only $200 at that size, is a good deal if you ask me.

Just one more payment to go for this one, can't wait to see these guys in person.

Nice!! Solid improvement on Rocket! I wasn't that optimistic for changes but really happy to see they righted the wrongs

Welp, this was all I was waiting for. I was holding off on commiting to this line untill I saw in hand pics of these two. Star Lord as been collecting dust MISB waiting on the outcome. He gets unboxed tonight :yess:

I said screw it and even went on the waitlist for EX 2-pack. If it converts, I'll cancel the regular I ordered. If not, no biggie

Both turned out great, I was going to cancel my EX but after seeing these two i decided to go ahead and get them.

Back