1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my Rocket and Groot last night.

Didn't take any photos. However, wanted to give everyone some updates you may or may not know.

Groot:

Groot's additional expression is a face, not an entire HS. So you remove his face like a mask to attach the other one in. Not pop out the head.

Overall quality is top notch, no soft transition, all the details are well defined. Looks wonderful. Articulation is ok for what it is... a giant figure of a Alien Tree man.

Rocket:

Looks great in person. Originally I really didn't like they showed his teeth. In person, looks much better. Depending on what angle you tilt his head, you don't really notice it looking at it from above. He has head and separate neck articulation. I'm glad they toned down the eyebrows. Less Wolf like, looks more like the aggressive Rocket from the movie.

Regarding the feet, his feet are not bendy. However there is a separate pair of feet to swap. So the standard feet, and another pair where he is on his toes. 3 pairs of hands, relaxed, fist, and a pair for the cannon.

The most annoying factor regarding Rocket is his Whiskers. This is coming from a guy who doesn't mind doll hair on female figures. I'll stylize that hair until I have the way I like. But those Whiskers... they float in whatever direction, and I don't wanna yank in in which direction in risk of plucking it out. If anyone has any solution how to pose the whiskers, please do tell.

All in all.. Rocket is definitely over priced, but still a nice figure all in all. Groot is a real winner.

Didn't take any photos. However, wanted to give everyone some updates you may or may not know.

Groot:

Groot's additional expression is a face, not an entire HS. So you remove his face like a mask to attach the other one in. Not pop out the head.

Overall quality is top notch, no soft transition, all the details are well defined. Looks wonderful. Articulation is ok for what it is... a giant figure of a Alien Tree man.

Rocket:

Looks great in person. Originally I really didn't like they showed his teeth. In person, looks much better. Depending on what angle you tilt his head, you don't really notice it looking at it from above. He has head and separate neck articulation. I'm glad they toned down the eyebrows. Less Wolf like, looks more like the aggressive Rocket from the movie.

Regarding the feet, his feet are not bendy. However there is a separate pair of feet to swap. So the standard feet, and another pair where he is on his toes. 3 pairs of hands, relaxed, fist, and a pair for the cannon.

The most annoying factor regarding Rocket is his Whiskers. This is coming from a guy who doesn't mind doll hair on female figures. I'll stylize that hair until I have the way I like. But those Whiskers... they float in whatever direction, and I don't wanna yank in in which direction in risk of plucking it out. If anyone has any solution how to pose the whiskers, please do tell.

All in all.. Rocket is definitely over priced, but still a nice figure all in all. Groot is a real winner.

Appreciate the feedback, Stanlore. Cannot wait to get my hands on these two even more. I did notice Rocket's whiskers were a little off in some of the official Hot Toys photos. Was hoping they weren't all like that. But hopefully someone comes up with a good solution to balance these out.

Ugh. I really want this set, but I don't wait to pay inflated prices for one. I think I'm gonna wait until I have more rewards points, then order it from Sideshow.

It's not a huge gripe for me but isn't Rocket a little too big for Groot in terms of height? XD Just a little.

grootrocketraccoon1.jpg

11011803_10206335377204027_4199159041561191735_n.jpg

Thought about ordering this from a HK seller to get it early, but at $600.00, waiting is just fine. :slap

Groot:

Rocket:

Good review. :duff

Back