1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think getting the 2 pack is a better deal because Rocket is expensive on his own. Groot at only $200 at that size, is a good deal if you ask me.

Just one more payment to go for this one, can't wait to see these guys in person.

Isn't he $200 anyway :dunno
Actually he's $199.99 and Rocket is $159.99. So the 2pk is more expensive :lol but you do get the baby Groot thing for $0.01 :rotfl

Isn't he $200 anyway :dunno
Actually he's $199.99 and Rocket is $159.99. So the 2pk is more expensive :lol but you do get the baby Groot thing for $0.01 :rotfl

I was about to say I know I preordered it for 199.99 lol I guess you save on shipping too (I think)

I used points for Gamora and am selling other statues to fund the rest. Otherwise, I couldn't be getting anything right now.

The in hand pics look so good! I never had any doubt about these guys but they turned out better than expected. Can't wait for SS to start shipping!

Man I just realized these guys are out now. Somehow didn't notice with Returns Bats announcement. They turned out great though! Looking forward to getting them and then waiting on Drax...

Sure, sure, but you and i have no clue what goes into making and pricing these figures (despite what all the internet experts here seem to think). Unlike I guess you and a lot of others, I don't feel at all that HT is ripping us off or gouging us. I'm sure if they could've, they'd have priced Rocket lower but the price is what it is. If it's that big a deal, buy them separately and apply coupons to each. There, problem solved. ;)

Absolutely, you nor I know the intricate nature of how these are done. That being said - we can speculate, and to be honest, there are a lot of well versed individuals on this board who do have an idea about these things. But yes, if we want to get down to it, Rocket required new metal tooling to produce the entirety of the plastic figure with the only potential reuse coming from the blue suit, the aforementioned yellow suit, and then variant headculpts. Does that count as a return on investment? I dunno, you tell me. But the same story went for Tyrion, and I'd argue he has a more complex outfit. But when I'd be paying $159.99 for a figure smaller than a NECA one, even if it is "high end", that a a tough pill to swallow. I'm getting a Hasbro feel here, charging way too much for Rocket, that's not good. Then again these are the folks selling a 1/4 potted Groot inches high for ~$40. I just calls it as I sees it, man, there is some Hot Toys name price bumping going on here.

That being said, your point about the coupon is a good one, and worthwhile to keep in mind. Thanks for that. ;)

Rocket is tiny, hence the comparison to figures like Neca and Marvel Legends/Select since he's first been shown. I'm not sure what the Storm Trooper had to do with this figure? Anyway, if you put a HT Iron Man next to a Neca or Marvel Select figure and it's easy to distinguish which is the premium collectible and why. If we're being honest, this Rocket doesn't raise the bar like that at all.

:lecture: I have to agree with you, the raising the bar statement specifically. Rocket is nice, and by all means I would happily own him if I could spew money all over the place, but I would rather put that much money into a HT that has the premium, raised bar feel.

The Stormtrooper was compared because it's $40 more for a standard TT and for a figure that will outsell this custom body many times, I would guess. Anyway, if you don't like the price, move on. You've had what, a year+ to accept it? Vote with your wallet and show HT, if you like, but the whiny posts about the price should stop, at some point.

You're correct about the Stormtrooper. That body and mold are going to get the everlasting crap retooled and reused out of them; the comparison is very accurate as you so noted. I think Hot Toys could have done themselves a favor and took it down a notch because of that factor, probably garnering an additional fee sales here and there; but SW fans are SW fans and they'll go for pretty much anything.

There is a difference between whiney and discussion. Whiney is saying that it costs too much, the end, ta da, crying emoticons for all. Discussion analyzes the why one thinks that, and I for one believe that's exactly what we've been doing. I can recognize the good points you have made as you can with mine. You can't do that with someone who is whining.

Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Does Rocket have articulated feet/toes? In a couple of shots he seems to have bent toes, but in most his feet are flat.
Either way, he looks amazing and I'm really considering getting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lecture: I have to agree with you, the raising the bar statement specifically. Rocket is nice, and by all means I would happily own him if I could spew money all over the place, but I would rather put that much money into a HT that has the premium, raised bar feel.

:duff

There is a difference between whiney and discussion. Whiney is saying that it costs too much, the end, ta da, crying emoticons for all. Discussion analyzes the why one thinks that, and I for one believe that's exactly what we've been doing. I can recognize the good points you have made as you can with mine. You can't do that with someone who is whining.

:goodpost:

Groot looks great, Rocket is ok. I'd like to keep my PO but I am thinking of getting out of it, with AoU Cap and the Mk43 coming out early I can't swing this set too.

I saw what you did there :lol

iIwMFIewL5UHf.gif

Back