1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumblr_lsz7u5issT1ql36n4o1_400.gif

Lot of excitement over a tiny stick :lol

:lol really? Thats just how he is, that's one of his signiture gifs
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If anyone at hot toys or Sideshow is reading this please give us another accessory I feel like this added groot is to similar to the dancing one not really a huge difference . Give us another rocket headsculpt or something, I doubt we will get anything else but it would be nice

Thank you for the already awesome set can't wait
Anthony

If anyone at hot toys or Sideshow is reading this please give us another accessory I feel like this added groot is to similar to the dancing one not really a huge difference . Give us another rocket headsculpt or something, I doubt we will get anything else but it would be nice

Thank you for the already awesome set can't wait
Anthony

Do. Not. Complain. About. Free. Accessories.

But yes another Rocket sculpt would be cool :)

Yep, if Hot Toys wanted to do something special for us they would definatly put in a second 'roaring' sculpt for Rocket it would really complete the set nicely.

Lol, no. I'm joking. But I'm still pissed off over this exclusive BS. We europeans never get a fair chance at buying any of the HT or SS exclusives. On top of that we have to pay a lot more for an inferior edition plus we often miss out on free shipping and we don't get no "rewards points" that we can use on our next purchase. We are getting ****ed so bad here I'm thinking about quitting this hobby.

I like in UK. I'm getting the ex. Its there if you want it...

Did you order it from Sideshow, or is there a european reseller that offers the exclusive ?

Direct with Sideshow. I'm expecting the Tax Man to have a field day but it'll be worth it. So far I have this set & Ex Star Lord from SS (I ordered this before the ex plant pot so it worked out nicely). I ordered Gamora from a UK website. If she gets an exclusive I will cry a bit because I paid a deposit already :slap

I like in UK. I'm getting the ex. Its there if you want it...

Sure... for over 500 dollars it's there! Just for one small accessory they should be giving to everyone... I'm already paying 40 dollars more for the regular edition plus missing out on reward points... is it too much to ask to not be screwed twice?

Direct with Sideshow. I'm expecting the Tax Man to have a field day but it'll be worth it. So far I have this set & Ex Star Lord from SS (I ordered this before the ex plant pot so it worked out nicely). I ordered Gamora from a UK website. If she gets an exclusive I will cry a bit because I paid a deposit already :slap

And have you alreday ordered from them before ? How much do the custom fees usually turn out to be ?
Up to know I've always ordered local because of that dear Custom fees man ! :lol
But like Dracula stated, I miss out on the exclusives and reward points because of that ..

And have you alreday ordered from them before ? How much do the custom fees usually turn out to be ?
Up to know I've always ordered local because of that dear Custom fees man ! :lol
But like Dracula stated, I miss out on the exclusives and reward points because of that ..

For me importing the "exclusive" it's 360 dollars + shipping + custom fees + postal office handling fee. Say shipping is 50 dollars, I'm being generous considering this is a two-pack... so 410 dollars plus 30% in custom fees.. 533 us dollars.. plus the 15 dollars handling fee. 548 dollars! Just buying the regular edition in Europe is 300 euros (401 dollars) and luckily the shipping cost is included from the seller I'm buying from since it's over 250 euros, below that is about 15 euros which I have to pay for other figures like Star-Lord who is 220+15 euros, or 315 dollars, while the North Americans paid, what was it, 235 dollars for the exclusive? Pfff... talk about discrimination.

So yeah, I'm pissed over this exclusive BS and I don't appreciate the ones teasing me about it.

Star Lord was my first order but I've done some research on it. You're looking at paying around 24.7% tax & duty on the total price of the order (including shipping). I've done my workings assuming shipping will be $40. My price comparisons are below, UK prices are the best I could find at the time and all prices include shipping and tax:

*Edit* Updated with CDUK prices. Wow.

Star Lord: SS import Price £204.28. UK supplier price £170
Gamora: SS import Price £177. UK supplier price £150
Rocket & Groot: SS import Price £297.14 UK supplier price £260

It's obviously slightly more expensive importing but you have to weigh up the pros and cons. When I ordered Groot & Rocket from SS I thought the dancing Groot was an exclusive. When I saw that all retailers were doing it I was a bit bummed as I'd paid the NRD. However, the armless Groot has made it all better :yess:

Star Lord was my first order but I've done some research on it. You're looking at paying around 24.7% tax & duty on the total price of the order (including shipping). I've done my workings assuming shipping will be $40. My price comparisons are below, UK prices are the best I could find at the time and all prices include shipping and tax:

Star Lord: SS import Price £204.28. UK supplier price £189.99
Gamora: SS import Price £177. UK supplier price £174.99
Rocket & Groot: SS import Price £297.14 UK supplier price £285.49

It's obviously slightly more expensive importing but you have to weigh up the pros and cons. When I ordered Groot & Rocket from SS I thought the dancing Groot was an exclusive. When I saw that all retailers were doing it I was a bit bummed as I'd paid the NRD. However, the armless Groot has made it all better :yess:

Which UK supplier is charging those prices? That's a robbery!

Which UK supplier is charging those prices? That's a robbery!

That's UK for ya :slap To be fair, yesterday I discovered CDUK and that's where I ordered Gamora for £150 (I hadn't updated my geeky spreadsheet). I don't know what the other prices are - I daren't look :rotfl

In all fairness, exclusives are there to tempt you to order from a specific company. The additional item isn't a must have but is a 'nice to have'. With the exception of Star Lord. That orb. Must have!

It's there if you're willing to bend over and get shafted on the price. I'm willing to take the pain...

Back