1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great clip !
The company that eventually decides to release dancing baby groot will make millions, I'm sure ..

Great clip !
The company that eventually decides to release dancing baby groot will make millions, I'm sure ..

groot1-600x462.jpg

That clip makes my day, I seriously can watch it over and over. For the last week I've been on a vicious cycle of finding a video, Marvel takes it down a day or so later, then back to finding another one. SO glad they finally decided to release it.

I'm still dumbfounded Disney didn't make a full scale dancing baby Groot, just shows that they haven't completely figured out Marvel merchandising. I think someone is going to make a great static replica, but to do a legit dancing one you'll need full production resources.

Marvel is well on it's way to ruling the world......I still can't believe that they didn't have the foresight to have a zillion dancing baby Groot toys at the ready when the movie was released?

Does the two pack from BBTS come with everything that the exclusive from SST have? On BBTS is shows - *****Set Exclusive Angry Face, set of half-curled hands and 1/6 Scale Potted Groot with arms (all three shown in Aux2 pic) - Baby Potted Groot Without Arms is NOT included*****

The on one of their pics, it shows all the exclusives that the SST website shows.

Lol, no. I'm joking. But I'm still pissed off over this exclusive BS. We europeans never get a fair chance at buying any of the HT or SS exclusives. On top of that we have to pay a lot more for an inferior edition plus we often miss out on free shipping and we don't get no "rewards points" that we can use on our next purchase. We are getting ****ed so bad here I'm thinking about quitting this hobby.

You guys do get screwed when it comes to stuff like this, prices, etc. But according to all the surveys, you're happier than us Yanks.

Marvel is well on it's way to ruling the world......I still can't believe that they didn't have the foresight to have a zillion dancing baby Groot toys at the ready when the movie was released?

Disney probably didn't have very high expectations for this film, certainly not as high as Age of Ultron.

Not to worry, there'll probably be plenty of Baby Groot toys and stuffed Rockets in Disney stores and parks the world over very soon.

Marvels new parents already rule the world and i'm sure a Disney jet was on the way to China 6am last monday morning to get those dancing baby Groots ready for Christmas. :lol

Don't tell me the numbers! It hurts! :gah::rotfl

I know! :gah:

Given that it is an exclusive, you could probably make that money back if you ever sold it. I can't believe how much you guys ended up paying in addition to the inflated prices of the figures....its painful simply hearing about it

Yeah it's very painful to be a european collector. And yes, I might gain back what I paid if I sell it, but I don't have such intentions. I'm buying the set to keep it.

I'm in the same exact boat as you man, so I totally see where you're coming from.
These import fees really are stupid sometimes, which is a shame really because it prevents us from importing anything from overseas without paying the price for it ..
I guess it's just a question of luck (or the opposite in our case) that Sideshow is based in the US.
It's just a shame that they can't have a warehouse or something in Europe ..
And thanks for the site, I'd never heard of it before.
Those are some pretty decent prices based on European standards !
Ps : Love your signature picture ! :lol

Sideshow did have a warehouse in Europe years ago, apparently.. but for some reason they shut it down. I would just like them to offer the exclusives here in Europe, that's all.. for a reasonable price.. but the EU prices are inflated because Hot Toys needs their cut, then Sideshow and ultimately the EU retailers.. wish it was just possible to cut out the middle-man, Sideshow in this case. Then we could at least pay the same prices the North Americans do..

You guys do get screwed when it comes to stuff like this, prices, etc. But according to all the surveys, you're happier than us Yanks.

None of the surveys included European collectors. :lecture :wink1:

Back