Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about this guy, was he in RO too?

khurgee_sw.png

:D

And I don't know how many years it took before I realized that he literally repeats Vader's instructions to the letter "Get a scanning crew on board - I want every part of this ship checked" but with much more flare. Like he was a little Vader groupie who thought "I need to say it EXACTLY like my idol" but while trying to sound tough. :lol

Just a funny little character quirk for a totally throw away Imperial officer.

Damn, 9 new pages since I logged out earlier.

And the big question I have after perusing through them: people aren't considering R1 as being part of SW canon now? Interesting. :lol

If you allow RO to be canon and retro-actively evaluate ANH accordingly I kind of can't help but wonder if Coruscant would have been Tarkin's next target after Yavin. I like to think of him as would be king of the galaxy and you just know that he knew damn well that whoever controlled the DS had the entire galaxy in the palm of his hand. And Scarif showed that he wasn't afraid to use it. It always seemed kind of ominous how he was content to sit at that giant meeting table by himself in the latter scenes of ANH.

I could totally see him entertaining the idea of using the DS to take out the homeworld of the one individual who outranked him (assuming he could guarantee that Palpatine was planetside of course.)

I'm OK with RO as cannon, but RO makes it so there were plenty of ships available to evacuate Yavin during the battle of the DS 1.

So let's just say the DS had destroyed Yavin and the rebels escaped in time - yeah, Tarkin would've been a great rival to Vader for the OT. One can imagine an epic scene where Vader has to re-take the DS by force and fight his way to the C&C level.

We probably never would've known the Emperor in that scenario but have Cushing in the next two films would've been something.

Why wouldn't R1 be considered part of SW canon? :dunno

The cool kids say RO is canon. ;)

But in all seriousness I assume most of us pick and choose what we do and do not accept into our own personal canon.

Well I mean I can understand not liking a particular film and therefore not watching it, such as TPM and AotC for me, but like it or hate it, they're still episodes I and II and still part of SW canon. :lol

Why wouldn't R1 be considered part of SW canon? :dunno

I just gave that disclaimer because I was specifically re-interpreting Tarkin's character post-RO. I figured that if I just led off with musing about Tarkin blowing up Coruscant on account of how he handled Krennic that at least one person who go off about how "that's impossible, Lucas never even considered RO when he made ANH, bla bla bla."

What about this guy, was he in RO too?

khurgee_sw.png

:D

And I don't know how many years it took before I realized that he literally repeats Vader's instructions to the letter "Get a scanning crew on board - I want every part of this ship checked" but with much more flare. Like he was a little Vader groupie who thought "I need to say it EXACTLY like my idol" but while trying to sound tough. :lol

Just a funny little character quirk for a totally throw away Imperial officer.

Edmos Khurgee does not appear in Rogue One. :wink1:

But he does appear canonically in a poster in Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy if you really wanted to see more of him.

:lol

Edmos Khurgee does not appear in Rogue One. :wink1:

But he does appear canonically in a poster in Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy if you really wanted to see more of him.

I actually saw him at Celebration 5 or 6 (can't remember which.) He was like really pudgy or something but his distinct eyes/nose made him instantly recognizable. It was actually kind of a trip to see such a ANH relic in person, lol. Obviously you've got the big guns from ANH like Mark and Carrie (RIP) but they had such a presence throughout the entire saga whereas that Khurgee fellow just represented a tiny pocket of vintage ANH, nothing more.

Khurgee rocks! He totally addresses Vader the way Vader likes to be addressed. I bet he would have gotten a promotion if Vader hadn't blown up the Death Star.

I just gave that disclaimer because I was specifically re-interpreting Tarkin's character post-RO. I figured that if I just led off with musing about Tarkin blowing up Coruscant on account of how he handled Krennic that at least one person who go off about how "that's impossible,Lucas never even considered RO when he made ANH, bla bla bla."

You lost me there...

;)

Likewise. :wink1: :lol

I actually saw him at Celebration 5 or 6 (can't remember which.) He was like really pudgy or something but his distinct eyes/nose made him instantly recognizable. It was actually kind of a trip to see such a ANH relic in person, lol. Obviously you've got the big guns from ANH like Mark and Carrie (RIP) but they had such a presence throughout the entire saga whereas that Khurgee fellow just represented a tiny pocket of vintage ANH, nothing more.

That's cool! You should've gone up to him and ordered up a scanning crew for a suspicious food truck outside.

Now I've got that Jake Lloyd DS attack in my head again. "Oops! Let's get out of here!" :rotfl

Well, in fairness, if Vader hadn't said "I'll take them myself" then maybe one of his wingman could have killed Luke by the time Darth Butterfingers finished twirling that knob to line up his failed shot.

He even fired and still missed. Best pilot, yes... but worst gunner.

Back