Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? I missed this all this time? Where's Motti in RO? That's awesome!

Misunderstanding there. Was saying the officer Khev mentionned in his post (the one informing Tarkin's shuttle was ready for evacuation in ANH) wasn't as iconic as Motti even if he also appeard in RO (the one telling Tarkin's there was a Rebel attack on Scarif).

The chair would be both cool and boring at the same time. Displayed on the chair without the table he'd look like a guy on an Imperial talk show - you'd feel the need to cross his legs or something.:lol

Looking at that pic, you can see how HT mistook the three punched belt holes for rivets - they do look like rivets there. Hopefully they catch that for the production fig.

Hehehe Imperial talk show........:lol

The chair has much symbolism for the character. Go back and watch Star Wars he delivers the majority of his lines in and around the chair, poking on comms and other things.

All the Emperor did in the OT is walk off a space shuttle and roll up the elevator to his lazy boy and everyone is wanting that chair. We are kind of double standarding "guy in chair I think" hahaha. Tarkin was OG chair guy. :rotfl

I know most will want to pose him in wiley crazed uncle rubbing his chin, chewing nuts (me too) but he did deliver great dialogue in the imperial Four Points Sheraton DS conference room and would be nice to get an accessory included for a different display option.

I think a choke hold Vader standing behind Tarkin with an angled glance would also be a very menacing display, even if he has to cross his legs waiting on the next guest to arrive on the show.

I just did a google image search on "Rogue One Motti" and nothing came up except ANH pics of Admiral Motti.

Did some research actually. Thought i read somewhere Tarkin's assistant was the same in both RO and ANH. Not really looking at those stills.

Tarkin_Scarif.jpg
anh14_4.jpg

Misunderstanding there. Was saying the officer Khev mentionned in his post (the one informing Tarkin's shuttle was ready for evacuation in ANH) wasn't as iconic as Motti even if he also appeard in RO (the one telling Tarkin's there was a Rebel attack on Scarif).

The RO officer who advised Tarkin of the Rebel incursion on Scarif was much older (and balder) than the ANH "shall I have your shuttle standing by" guy.

what-up-we-gonna-death-star-or-what.png

6ebd51eab0f30f932fbf6e9609894f2d--names-actors.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you just realized that yourself. :D

It's really hard to learn all the new side character names when we don't have Kenner figures to help us out like we did with Lobot, Bossk, Bib Fortuna, Nien Nunb, etc. :lol

That hits it on the head. I never realized how important the backs of those cards were to me learning all of those supporting and minor character names.

His name is General Hurst Romodi, and he is also in ANH in the Death Star briefing room scene.

They chose someone from that scene that could be easily recast with a similar looking actor to play the same character as another visual link between RO and ANH.

Why does RO Tarkin call him Kavish?

His name is General Hurst Romodi, and he is also in ANH in the Death Star briefing room scene.

They chose someone from that scene that could be easily recast with a similar looking actor to play the same character as another visual link between RO and ANH.

Thanks for clearing that up. Had those characters all mixed up.

Back