Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool if he comes with that chair in the pic, almost looks like it is an accessory mayhaps? yes please?

ac561da1b4d5902dfbc67443bc40e79a--peter-cushing-peter-otoole.jpg

The chair would be both cool and boring at the same time. Displayed on the chair without the table he'd look like a guy on an Imperial talk show - you'd feel the need to cross his legs or something.:lol

Looking at that pic, you can see how HT mistook the three punched belt holes for rivets - they do look like rivets there. Hopefully they catch that for the production fig.

Jyn Erso....? Who dat?

:D

You know I have no Jyn Erso... hey, that rhymes.

It's kind of funny that the only characters that Jyn interacted with who actually appeared on screen in the OT were General Dodonna, Mon Mothma, Dr. Evazan and Walrusman. I definitely wouldn't have called that based on the trailers. :lol

Getting back to Tarkin, wouldn't HT labeling him "Grand Moff" Tarkin force him to be the ANH version? I was always under the impression that Grand Moff was the title given to those who are in charge of the DS and that Leia was using an antiquated term when she erroneously called him Governor. Though I never bothered to read up any EU on how the rankings actually worked.

Like others, I think this could be one of Hot Toys's best sculpts.

It's easier to capture likeness of people with more distinguished features, and older people. Hot Toys has shown they excel in that regard, eg. Episode VII Han.

Plus they even said on FB that they know a lot of people have been waiting for this. I don't think they'll let us down.

Very excited. I'm actually glad they waited as long as they did because their already previously phenomenal work on skin texturing has really soared in recent releases.

He was Governor of the outland regions. He was also a Grand Moff. I don't know when he was awarded that title. Maybe when he absorbed Krennic's position.

Getting back to Tarkin, wouldn't HT labeling him "Grand Moff" Tarkin force him to be the ANH version? I was always under the impression that Grand Moff was the title given to those who are in charge of the DS and that Leia was using an antiquated term when she erroneously called him Governor. Though I never bothered to read up any EU on how the rankings actually worked.

Grand Moff was the title given to the Regional Governors of Oversectors. These sectors, also called Priority Sectors, were locations that were of special interest to the Emperor..

Title Grand Moff has nothing to do with Death Star or Krennic demise.

He was Governor of the outland regions. He was also a Grand Moff. I don't know when he was awarded that title. Maybe when he absorbed Krennic's position.

If you allow RO to be canon and retro-actively evaluate ANH accordingly I kind of can't help but wonder if Coruscant would have been Tarkin's next target after Yavin. I like to think of him as would be king of the galaxy and you just know that he knew damn well that whoever controlled the DS had the entire galaxy in the palm of his hand. And Scarif showed that he wasn't afraid to use it. It always seemed kind of ominous how he was content to sit at that giant meeting table by himself in the latter scenes of ANH.

I could totally see him entertaining the idea of using the DS to take out the homeworld of the one individual who outranked him (assuming he could guarantee that Palpatine was planetside of course.)

Title Grand Moff has nothing to do with Death Star or Krennic demise.

Hmm, going by the films I'm not sure that that's correct. The head of the Second DS was "Moff" Jerjerrod so going by the films the only two characters to have that title were indeed in charge of a DS. Now if the EU has "officially" contradicted that that's another matter but I'm just going by the movies themselves.

You've triggered my own memory - In that scene there was Praji and Daine Jir (sp?) - I used to always have them together on my Hasbro wishlist.

So Jir must've been the guy told to "see to it personally" in regards to hunting the escape pod contents planetside.

Now you mention this, i'd gladly add an Admiral Motti to the collection as well

Don't forget the guy who asked Tarkin if he wanted to get his shuttle ready. In fact I wonder how that officer really felt about Tarkin's confidence.

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you underestimate their chances."

"Ha ha, yeah, silly me, as if the Rebels have a chance. You know speaking of your shuttle I think I'll just go maybe rev up the engine and take it out for a little spin, to, uh, patrol the perimeter, yeah, just a quick patrol outside the blast range."

"What did you say?"

"Uh, nothing! Heh heh, just gonna do a quick patrol." *Officer casually walks out of the room then SPRINTS to the hangar once he's out of Tarkin's view*

Hmm, going by the films I'm not sure that that's correct. The head of the Second DS was "Moff" Jerjerrod so going by the films the only two characters to have that title were indeed in charge of a DS. Now if the EU has "officially" contradicted that that's another matter but I'm just going by the movies themselves.

Well, there are books, in canon novel Tarkin, he is already Moff and then Grand Moff. And that's before DS was even constructed. Because he was charge of certain sector. It's not related to DS.

If you allow RO to be canon and retro-actively evaluate ANH accordingly I kind of can't help but wonder if Coruscant would have been Tarkin's next target after Yavin. I like to think of him as would be king of the galaxy and you just know that he knew damn well that whoever controlled the DS had the entire galaxy in the palm of his hand. And Scarif showed that he wasn't afraid to use it. It always seemed kind of ominous how he was content to sit at that giant meeting table by himself in the latter scenes of ANH.

I could totally see him entertaining the idea of using the DS to take out the homeworld of the one individual who outranked him (assuming he could guarantee that Palpatine was planetside of course.)

I'm OK with RO as cannon, but RO makes it so there were plenty of ships available to evacuate Yavin during the battle of the DS 1.

So let's just say the DS had destroyed Yavin and the rebels escaped in time - yeah, Tarkin would've been a great rival to Vader for the OT. One can imagine an epic scene where Vader has to re-take the DS by force and fight his way to the C&C level.

We probably never would've known the Emperor in that scenario but have Cushing in the next two films would've been something.

I have a feeling this figure is going to be released in lower numbers than the usual figure.

Throw in the fact that there will be quite a number of people buying multiples just for the uniforms and this could be a hot item, once sold out.

Well, there are books, in canon novel Tarkin, he is already Moff and then Grand Moff. And that's before DS was even constructed. Because he was charge of certain sector. It's not related to DS.

I'm not so much arguing against established EU canon per se so much as explaining how I interpret what's on screen. I have a very select list of non-film material that I accept as canon and typically the more vintage it is the better. Having said that I just popped open the Star Wars Storybook from 1978 and right there on the first page with all the mini-character bios Tarkin is listed as "Grand Moff Tarkin: An Imperial Governor." And henceforth throughout the book he is referenced *only* as Governor (and not just when addressed by Leia.)

So I'll also take that as him having overlapping titles of Governor and Grand Moff. :duff

I'm OK with RO as cannon, but RO makes it so there were plenty of ships available to evacuate Yavin during the battle of the DS 1.

Actually even before RO I always assumed that the Rebels could have simply fled Yavin at anytime (okay maybe not "always" but it definitely occurred to me at some point over the years when I started really hyper analyzing everything.) As it stands the DS attack becomes a fascinating battle of wills between Leia and Tarkin, two combatants who refuse to have one foot in an escape craft during the fight.

So let's just say the DS had destroyed Yavin and the rebels escaped in time - yeah, Tarkin would've been a great rival to Vader for the OT. One can imagine an epic scene where Vader has to re-take the DS by force and fight his way to the C&C level.

We probably never would've known the Emperor in that scenario but have Cushing in the next two films would've been something.

Interesting "what if" scenario! One of the many reason I love pondering these films again and again. :rock

Just like Vader's a Lord and also a Darth :D

Indeed. :D

Don't forget the guy who asked Tarkin if he wanted to get his shuttle ready...[/I]

Not as iconic as Motti whom Vader Force Choked even though he appeared both in ANH and RO as Tarkin's aide-de-camp.

Back