Hot Toys Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting this for sure. Iron man and cap are my fav characters and apart of my marvel vs capcom 3 team.

With all of the figures and licenses Hot Toys is behind on, I just can't understand why they'd make this figure. This suit in the film was intended as a joke and is ridiculous looking on purpose; why would they release that in $200 figure form?

if this fig cost less than the Avengers version, its a buy, if its goes beyond the $200 mark it is a pass for me.

This suit in the film was intended as a joke

It wasn't intended as a joke at all though. Not only was it a nod to the golden age comic book look it served a huge prupose in the film.

I think many of you who are saying how aweful this is and wondering who's going to buy it will be surprised at how many will sell. I'm getting one. I think it's great and I'm thrilled they didn't try and make it a two in one with the Rescue version.

:lol :lol

This really has to come with a sluting hand. I'm not buying it because it'll be priced far too high, but i think it looks pretty good

:rotfl

I almost wish that wasn't a typo.

Thinking about it, what if this had come with the Rescue Cap. That'd add somewhere between $20-50 to the price, maybe more because there would be another head sculpt.

Then a lot of people (like me) would want to display this outfit next to the others. So that's another TT body (about $50), and a shirt and shield off ebay - figure $20 for the shirt, $50 for the shield. So we're looking at adding another $140 or more to the price of a Rescue Cap regardless. The only way you come out ahead is if you would be regularly rotating your Cap's display outfit.

With all of the figures and licenses Hot Toys is behind on, I just can't understand why they'd make this figure. This suit in the film was intended as a joke and is ridiculous looking on purpose; why would they release that in $200 figure form?

Maybe because people that likes Captain America - like me - will buy it, even for US$ 200,00 (or more)

It wasn't intended as a joke at all though. Not only was it a nod to the golden age comic book look it served a huge prupose in the film.

I think many of you who are saying how aweful this is and wondering who's going to buy it will be surprised at how many will sell. I'm getting one. I think it's great and I'm thrilled they didn't try and make it a two in one with the Rescue version.

No question purchase. Give me all Capts.

I wonder if the mask is removable? If not, I think a second head is needed (unless they want us to use the grimacing Avengers head here). Obviously a slew of hands. What about a nice background from the USO show, and maybe a couple of flags to flank him? Of course the best accessories would be a trio of USO girls...

From cooltoyreview

2ufyeeo.jpg

flk29i.jpg

2prwol0.jpg

jai8ee.jpg

Looks like the cowl is sculpted afterall. I never would've guessed that because it really looks like fabric in the pics on the first page. I would've preferred somesort of fabric, glued to the head or something actually. I also don't really like the back of the figure, but I guess that also comes down to futzing.

I'm still interested to see more of this, especially what accessories he comes with.

WOW! The fact that the cowl is sculpted and still matches the outfit that well is amazing. Before these close ups, it definitely looked like cloth. Great job.

Yeah, they did a great job with that cowl. Even painted the "A" and the wings to look like those sew on patches. Awesome! Hopefully the neck will get shortened a bit for the production piece. Other than that it's a winner.

Back