Hot Toys Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the feeling that this will be a Comic Con Exclusive I doubt there is enough demand to warrant manufacturing this as a regular figure.

I am going to assume that this and the Hot Toys Banner figure will be part of this years exclusives for the different US and Asian Comic Cons. And although Avengers Coulson is not a Comic Con it is still is a Side Show Exclusive hence a much lower production number.

Think they'd do Cap two years in a row?

I'm relatively new, I know they do SDCC exclusives, do they make exclusives for any other comic con show? NYCC or something?

Think they'd do Cap two years in a row?

I'm relatively new, I know they do SDCC exclusives, do they make exclusives for any other comic con show? NYCC or something?

There is no real rhyme or reason as to what they decide to produce as an exclusive take for instance the Angelica from pirates of the Caribbean the originally provided us with a seek peak at her chalices and then a year later we find out she is marketed as a exclusive, rescue cap was noted in Hot Toys catalog so we assumed it would be a regular release but it turns out they mentioned in an interview that they were considering making him a two pack with golden Age Cap as an exclusive go figure.

previously we have 2 Iron man Exclusives the mark 3 in gun metal and the mark 5 also in gun metal, I can't remember what years they were for. War Machine was issued limited run in comic black and white color,

So I am just going by past business practices on what might be their comic con exclusives of course they could total surprise us like they did with SWAT Gordon which indeed sell out but not its not like was back in in the day and anybody would tell you that its was such a joke as their server was crashing and practically a hand full of people could purchase the item fortunately they wised up and increased production they are no longer just selling to the niche collector market with the popularity of comic movies and increased exposure their products have begun to bring in the mainstream

I get the feeling that this will be a Comic Con Exclusive I doubt there is enough demand to warrant manufacturing this as a regular figure.

I am going to assume that this and the Hot Toys Banner figure will be part of this years exclusives for the different US and Asian Comic Cons. And although Avengers Coulson is not a Comic Con it is still is a Side Show Exclusive hence a much lower production number.

Good call. You may be right on those assumptions. :goodpost:

the cap rescue version is still up for order on SSC, so wouldn't it be risky to have this years SDComiccon be cap AGAIN?

Rescue Cap is such an underrated figure, I'm amazed it hasn't sold out, just not the same demand for Cap as there is for Iron Man right now:dunno

Thie figure won't do any better, it was afterall supposed to be a 2-in-1 before they decided to try to fleece fans.

Of all the captain America figures Rescue Cap is my favorite the whole WWII look is great with the pants and the legging just wish they would have included a hook to secure the shield to his back considering they already had the loop on the back of his jacket for it.

LOVE CAP figures...this one is one of the best I thought last year....still waiting...let's PO HOT TOYS!

I love the new new shots on Facebook..."Star Spangled Man" not as great a name as Glden Age Capt, but either way looks like this figure is finally ready to go! Can't wait to PO!

I love the detail of the cards on the back of the sheild! But I thought SS / Hot Toys wasn't doing any exclusives this year?

Last edited:
Toy Fair is looking Great already!Well timed reveal...4th of July!

So has anyone seen him there? Any info about buying him if he is SDCC figure?

Never Mind...got my info from SS tweet....PO soon...if they are a SDCC figure shouldn't they be ready to sell next week without a PO?

Last edited:
Back