Hot Toys getting kinda stale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My interest for the Suckerpunch stuff is long dead. They keep pushing it.

That's the biggest risk hot toys is running now, if you have to pick the flavor of the month get it out That month, pretty much anyone's interest in sucker punch had an expiration date that started about a month before it was released until a month after it came out on DVD.

Otherwise it's long and forgotten, same with avatar,

iMO that's the only real ball HT has been dropping, otherwise who can fault them for going with what makes money.

Sure they announced green lantern and xmen first class but they were such mega flops who can blame them for hoping everyone would forget they even announced it.

My interest for the Suckerpunch stuff is long dead. They keep pushing it.

Check out the PF, looks awesome :yess:

@Raymond X-men First Class wasn't a flop, it did better than they expected.

_________

Notice how it's 90% new characters getting delayed, while figures of characters that have been made previously arrive on-time

I just don't frankly care about dropping 200 bucks on a preorder of a Jeremy renner figure from a movie that will be a financial hit but will absolutely suck. It's got mass market watered down crap stink all over it. Hell they are a business let them make their dough, I would!

Have you seen the movie? Cuz you seem pretty certain it's going to be terrible. All the reports I've seen from normal people to critics are saying this is a great movie.

The Hawkeye figure does seem a bit boring, as does Nick Fury. Hulk should be good. I am hoping we don't get multiple versions of Avenger figures

Have you seen the movie? Cuz you seem pretty certain it's going to be terrible. All the reports I've seen from normal people to critics are saying this is a great movie.

The Hawkeye figure does seem a bit boring, as does Nick Fury. Hulk should be good. I am hoping we don't get multiple versions of Avenger figures

I'm going to be totally transparent and admit I didn't even think to look at early reviews until your comment. I was just unable to see how it was remotely possible it be anything other than an abomination by the concept and previews alone. You are right the reviews are strong.

I was always going to see it. But I'll still move forward with healty skepticism and cautious optimism,

Thor of all things should have had me believe it could be at least half decent. Thor was half decent. Cap was decent, iron man was great and the rest were awful. That's my personal opinion of the marvel studios films this far.

I know it's not marvel studios but for the record First Class is in my favorite top 5 superhero flicks of all time.

The movie could kick ass and I'd still be meh about the buying the figures of the characters. Apart from Iron Man, the new suits do nothing for me - I prefer the classic renditions, ie Superman, Spiderman and, somehow, Nolan batman makes my list over Burton's batman. The only superhero figure I can see myself getting excited about is Hulk, but even then I'm not sure how I'll feel about seeing a figure that big and that green with exposed joints.

*yawn. Wake me up when we get a figure from a classic movie. Or even another MIS figure. Anything but another stoopid superhero.

If you ask me, Hot Toys needs to realize that there is no spoon (hintity, hint, hint).

*yawn. Wake me up when we get a figure from a classic movie. Or even another MIS figure. Anything but another stoopid superhero.

Yeah I totally agree! That's why I've been more excited for something like Elvis than the Burtan bat,an stuff. And inLOVED that movie as a kid and am so stoked they made them but still.

Forget about the dark knight rises. I'm so sick over the hype and it has not even started yet.

I hope HT don't follow McFarlane toys downfall with all these crazy silly things and milk color ways exclusives.

Too late, already happened. They went from a respected highend collectible brand to mcfarlane junk with higher prices & better quality.

I don't argue that keeping to a license that has made them money is good business. But I also think they need to do more seeding for the next year or so when Avengers and Dark Knight Rises hype dies down.

Solely sticking to the obviously popular license at the moment is short sighted in my opinion.

I think it could get stale, depending on what you're into. Me, I'm a Batman fan (if you couldn't tell already), so I'm pretty excited, considering that they're doing stuff from 89, Returns, TDKR, and, possibly my favorite, Arkham City. I also admire that Enterbay and Hot Toys are doing the 1/4 scale stuff, as it combines the best of both worlds, so to speak. For something like The Avengers, it's all or nothing. While I think that the characters are cool on their own, I think that things begin to get impressive when they're all together, other than that, you can count me out.

They should do JAWS. I'm tired of the superhero movie theme. The movies aren't even that great...Spider-Man 3, Iron Man 2, meh.

BB

I agree with you Buzzybean. "Jaws" would be awesome. I think a line of older classics like that would have a buying fan base.

I don't argue that keeping to a license that has made them money is good business. But I also think they need to do more seeding for the next year or so when Avengers and Dark Knight Rises hype dies down.

Solely sticking to the obviously popular license at the moment is short sighted in my opinion.

:goodpost: :exactly:

It's a short-term gain at long-term expense IMO

They should do JAWS. I'm tired of the superhero movie theme. The movies aren't even that great...Spider-Man 3, Iron Man 2, meh.

BB

I'd love some licenses that only need one figure from them...

Escape from New York
Big Trouble in Little China
The Running Man
The Thing
Beverly Hills Cop
Die Hard
Kickboxer

They've done Indy and Supes

Last edited:
Stale? Maybe for some of you,... but it's not uncommon for people to loose interest in something and move on to other things that do interest them after a while. You only have to go on youtube to see all the people that are genuinely over the moon about HT offerings, though. I say thank God for HT innovations and style. Where would the 1/6 world be without them?

https://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=w&search_type=videos&uni=3&search_query=hot+toys

[ame]https://youtu.be/aPYW7HlEFDo[/ame]

Just realized I don't have any Hot Toys figures on pre order. First time in a few years.

The only problem I have is them constantly making all those ironmen it's ridiculous IMO.

I have every Iron Man figure up to VI. Started getting burnt out on IM when they announced MII Unleashed. Lost more interest when they started announcing what looked like just color variations of VI. Then lost complete interest when I saw MI V2.

Love Iron Man - and the Iron Monger looks pretty cool - but enough already.

Back