Hot Toys Generation Life 12" figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
Yep, that's why I ask. I've been saving up to get one from them, I might have enough this Friday but they just soldout recently. :banghead
I can't find one for a decent price anywhere. The only ones listed on Evilbay are in the $200 range. :crying

Man, that bites. Sorry to hear it.

Does anyone know how easy (or how hard) it would be to put a Medicom head on this body?

yeah I liked the hot toys bodies the best.
where can we get these?
and how much is it for that set?

EDIT:

i went to toy square.
are they only places that have these available?
I hate the ankle joints... >.>
seems like Hot Toys knew this and so they added a stand along ,LOL
but then, when are the Triad Toys bodies coming out?

The only thing is not convincing me is the leg articulation.
I’d like it could move its legs backwards. I wanted a flying pose to my HT Superman Returns where I needed one of the legs located backwards but I couldn’t do that.

JustinLuck said:
And can Superman have a 'talking on the phone' pose?

i'd like to know that too. i just recently found out that the SS body can't allow a decent "phone" pose, which is nuts considering my entire X-files collection came w/ cell phone. grr.
i tried the phone thing w/ a bunch of different bods (Dragon, DID, Medicom, Volks NEO GUY,ect) and SS was the worst at this, tho Dragon wasn't much better.

and Takara uses the peg/ankle cup and they work very well.

todoelresto said:
The only thing is not convincing me is the leg articulation.
I’d like it could move its legs backwards. I wanted a flying pose to my HT Superman Returns where I needed one of the legs located backwards but I couldn’t do that.

Move backwards in what way?

JustinLuck said:
Move backwards in what way?

I can't move back the leg from the hips.
legarticulation.gif

Cottswold has them for pre-order for around $30. Shipping is listed as the end of Sept.Is it just me, or is there a bias against Cottswold here? I've certainly never had anything but good service from them, and they have an incredible selection; just got their new update, and they've got EVERYTHING from Predators to a kit for a 1/6 armored half-track!...PS

wax murderer said:
Cottswold has them for pre-order for around $30. Shipping is listed as the end of Sept.Is it just me, or is there a bias against Cottswold here? I've certainly never had anything but good service from them, and they have an incredible selection; just got their new update, and they've got EVERYTHING from Predators to a kit for a 1/6 armored half-track!...PS

Cause they are overpriced. They've come down a bit, but 10 years ago they were crazy.

todoelresto said:
I can't move back the leg from the hips.
legarticulation.gif
Todoelresto, The human body can't move it's legs that far back in relation to the hips, the only way is to arch the back tilting the hips forward. Legs shouldn't move to that angle.
As for Hot Toys bodies ability to achieve a phone pose (I guess holding a handset up against the ear and mouth) I tried it and they can achieve that pose easily.

Yes, only a select few people have the flexibility to achieve that leg pose. It certainly wouldn't appear natural (or comfortable! :google) in most situations.

That's good news to hear about the phone pose, ScreamingMetal. Thanks.

screamingmetal said:
Todoelresto, The human body can't move it's legs that far back in relation to the hips, the only way is to arch the back tilting the hips forward. Legs shouldn't move to that angle.
As for Hot Toys bodies ability to achieve a phone pose (I guess holding a handset up against the ear and mouth) I tried it and they can achieve that pose easily.

Yes, yes, I know. The picture is just an example. I don't really want to move so far back the leg but I spected it could move back a little bit more. I was thinking to do a custom Spiderman with this body, and I really want to have a little bit more chances of flexibility :rolleyes:. Anyway, I think this is a good body for my purposes.

True, the closest is something like this...

But the Hot Toys body can do a variety of cell phone poses...

And also the author's book jacket pose...

Last edited:
I hope we will see these new bodies a little sooner than the end of September. The anticipation... :google

Back