Hot Toys Generation Life 12" figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickman

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was posted on Ebay, has anyone heard more about this figure? It looks like the same neckpost, and hands sculpt Sideshow uses. Will SS heads fit on Hot Toy bodies? Has Hot Toys and SS truly merged? The pose ability of this figure looks awesome. If anyone can shed light on this fig that would be great. What about those ankle joints?

1228_01.jpg

ITEM BACKGROUND: The Hot Toys New Generation Life 12" Action Figure Ver. B, a set include a nude 12-inch action figure, two pairs hand (bendable) and a figure stand. Items has original packing. And figure body has high poseable action, all of the 1:6 scale accessories and clothing can fit for it!
BRAND: Hot Toys
PRODUCTION QTY: (limited edition)
SIZE: 12-inch tall, 1:6 scale, w/ posable action
CONDITION: brand new, never played
RELAESE DATE: available at AUG or SEPT 06

it's not the same neck and hands sideshow uses. these hands have a ball joint at the wrist, and the short neck post takes the old style hot toys heads. i'm sure various sideshow heads could be modded for this body, but why? it's no better than sideshow's body.

this is just an updated version of the body hot toys is currently using. it's nothing special. the shoulder articulation is limited. it's really just a slim chested bbi G3 body. nothing really new or special. i can't say for certain, but i think the hot toys superman is using this body.(i can't say for certain because his suit is sewn on)

as for the ankle joints, unless your figure has cloth boots, they're useless.

i'd wait for those triad toys bodies if you want something cool.

Yep, I agree that's not the same neck or hands as Sideshow and yes, you'll have to do a spot of modding to get a SSC head to fit (either removing the nub on the alternate Hot Toys neck post or whittling away inside the SSC neck a bit).

... but from then on I'd probably start disagreeing ;) Admittedly a lot depends on the figures back (after the ugly screw-filled mess of the woeful Worthfield body) and actual height... but at the moment it does look a darned sight better than SSC's body in both poseability and general looks.

However the ankles are worry - they look a weak point (oh for Cool Girl type ankle cups). But there's a lot of good, thin rubber boots that would allow for some foot movement there and the Asian 1/6th market seems awash with fabric/cloth boots too.

I still favour the Triad bod with it's modular approach... but this fella is easier for modding a SSC head onto.

Nick

It does look like it's based on the bbi G-3.5 body which is about my favorite mass market 1/6th body. The articulation on this looks very well done and I do like the slimmer HT body. I don't know why they lengthened the ankle post like that. It does look like a potential problem spot and the shorter post on the bbi works fine. As to comparing it to SSC's current body type. I expect the HT is superior in pretty much every way as far as poseability. Beauty on the other hand is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer the more natural looking HT but it's subjective. This looks interesting.
I can't help but wonder when SSC will do a complete redesign. Also when Dragon is going to offer a new body. Everybody's figures are getting pretty long in the tooth now and could use some improvements IMHO.

I did note in the newsletter that the female "Art Buck" body was noted as "sold out". Perhaps this means Sideshow's new body is in the near future.

LordAzrael said:
I did note in the newsletter that the female "Art Buck" body was noted as "sold out". Perhaps this means Sideshow's new body is in the near future.

That is a interesting take. SS could still make custom hands for it as well and the different necks too since SS is now offering figures with both style necks.

Wow...
To think that a Co called Volks came out with a superior version of this figure (called the Neo-Guy) back around 2000 - 2001.

*sigh*

Other Co's like BBi & Hot Toys have been trying to play catch up ever since...
:lol

!ss!

Is there a website showing all the body types from different manufacturers and some comparison? I don't quite know what some of my non-Sideshow figures are... :confused: ...

Yeah, this one looks EXACTLY like the HT Supes body, including that fantastic neck joint. I will be getting a few of these for sure! I love the articulation of that figure, as you can tell by all of the photos I took of him.

I'd love to start using these for all of my future customs, as it is the best on the market so far... :cool:

it's no better than sideshow's body.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement...
SST has easily the worst body of all major high end 1/6 manufacturers.
And I own DML, BBI, Medicom, Hot Toys and SST.

abake said:
I couldn't disagree more with that statement...
SST has easily the worst body of all major high end 1/6 manufacturers.
And I own DML, BBI, Medicom, Hot Toys and SST.

I think it is high time for Sideshow to make a fully re-designed body. But I hope that it is backward compatible with their old heads so we can upgrade some of our favorite figures.

THe nude looks good but you throw clothes on that puppy and I think it will look like a bulky piece of poo. ;)

JustinLuck said:
What portion looks bulkier to you than a SS body?
The nude body look in proportion. It looks great, really. But you are missing the point. Sideshow's bodies are out of proportion so that when you throw clothes on them they don't look weird.

What I am saying is you throw actual clothes on those nude bodies and the clothes are going to look really bulky. The neck will dissappear and that nude body will look awfully bulky.

I totally understand what you're saying. I just don't see a difference in bulkiness for the exception of maybe the shoulder joints. Neck length wouldn't change because Sideshow necks are part of the head.

JustinLuck said:
I totally understand what you're saying. I just don't see a difference in bulkiness for the exception of maybe the shoulder joints. Neck length wouldn't change because Sideshow necks are part of the head.
Maybe if someone actually has one of these and a sideshow they can post a side-by-side type photo. I think then it would be easier to evaluate.

Back