Hot Toys Generation Life 12" figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that's different about the Hot Toys Generation Life basic bodies is the ankle joint and that spare neck piece that gives you an extra joint at the base of the head. Everything else is identical to HT bodies that they're now using on the Aliens Marines, Batman, and Superman figures.
And they don't look at all bulky in person (Batman is a different case, the rubber suit is what makes him look bulky) In fact, they look more natural in clothes and have better designed articulation then Sideshow bodies.
HT is making the best basic body available on the market IMO. It's far better then Sideshow's bodies, but that new ankle joint worries me. I however do have a suspicion that the Batman figure I own has those n

If these are anything like the bodies used for the Colonial Marines, one thing to keep in mind is that the forearms have this unsightly plug covering a screw hole. Looks awful unless there's clothing covering it. Other than that I think Hot Toys has one of the best poseable bodies on the market.

screamingmetal said:
The only thing that's different about the Hot Toys Generation Life basic bodies is the ankle joint and that spare neck piece that gives you an extra joint at the base of the head. Everything else is identical to HT bodies that they're now using on the Aliens Marines, Batman, and Superman figures.
And they don't look at all bulky in person (Batman is a different case, the rubber suit is what makes him look bulky) In fact, they look more natural in clothes and have better designed articulation then Sideshow bodies.
HT is making the best basic body available on the market IMO. It's far better then Sideshow's bodies, but that new ankle joint worries me. I however do have a suspicion that the Batman figure I own has those n

I think all recent HT has those ankles, they are similar to the BBI 3 ankles. I'll order a few, one for the T3 Terminator and will prolly swap one of the Anakins over to it with some modding.

EVILFACE said:
I think all recent HT has those ankles, they are similar to the BBI 3 ankles. I'll order a few, one for the T3 Terminator and will prolly swap one of the Anakins over to it with some modding.

I own Hicks, Apone, Rambo first blood, Polar Mountain Striker, Terminator Reese, UDT Desert, UDT Underwater Demo, Scar Predator, and the basic bodies for the PMC Private, two basic bodies for the HKG festival SDU dive team, one HK SDU tactical, and one Vietnam Navy SEAL Stoner body.

All are HT new basic bodies and all sport ball jointed ankles.
With my Batman, I've been able to pose his ankles and not have to swivel the ball joint all the way around which is required to pose the ankles out to the sides (like poseing Sideshow's wrists). Which is why I think HT went with the stem ankle joints, you don't have to fuss with the ball joint, just pose them however you'd like.

I just removed HT Batman's boots, and sure enough they have stems for ankles. The stems are quite a bit thicker then I had thought they appeared from pictures. So, anyone who owns a Batman has a Generation Life body.
Now I'll have to figure out how to get the boot back on. :doh
Edit:
The new ankle joints actually have a double ball joint, one at the foot and one at the top of the stem giving you double jointed ankles!

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
I just removed Batman's boots, and sure enough they have stems for ankles. the stems are quite a bit thicker then I had thought they appeared from pictures. So, anyone who owns a Batman has a Generation Life body.
Now I'll have to figure out how to get the boot back on. :doh
You're a braver man than I. I can't imaging trying to get those off and on.

Batty said:
You're a braver man than I. I can't imaging trying to get those off and on.
It wasn't too much of a hassle. When I was getting them off, the cup post at the base of the stem pulled out of a shallow hole in the foot. The foot it's self was left in the boot.
Getting them back on was a little frustrating, the double ball joint wanted to do it's own thing instead of going back into the foot. It's best to pinch the boot lightly above the ankle and help guide the cup back into the foot.

The boots are softer than I thought they would be. I feared they would be hard and stiff like Terminataors.

Any other vendor offering the new Hot Toys body? Toys2.net is located in Canada, so shipping is pretty steep for those of us in the US.

JustinLuck said:
Any other vendor offering the new Hot Toys body? Toys2.net is located in Canada, so shipping is pretty steep for those of us in the US.
Good Stuff to Go is offering Generation Life body preorders for $26.00.
Go to the Products Available for Preorder category.

If you want to deal with someone else, wait until these start shipping, they'll show up at most 1/6 stores that carry HT import figures (the ones not through Sideshow).

By the way, anyone know of a US website selling the Celtic Predator under $130?

I want to buy two, but still debating whether they are worth $70+ dollars, hmmm.

screamingmetal said:
Good Stuff to Go is offering Generation Life body preorders for $26.00.
Go to the Products Available for Preorder category.

If you want to deal with someone else, wait until these start shipping, they'll show up at most 1/6 stores that carry HT import figures (the ones not through Sideshow).

By the way, anyone know of a US website selling the Celtic Predator under $130?

I looked around a lot in July to find a replacement for my preorder that went wrong. In the end I went with Good Stuff to Go (ironicly) for $135 shipped. But if they're out, then no.

Last edited:
I've got 1 of each on order from Cotswold. I can't say about the Bat, but Superman is definitely using this body. Though I wouldn't dare try to remove his costume, I can get a pretty good idea of the body on my HT Supes; the only question I had was about the ankles, and I was willing to remove a boot to confirm my belief. 1 of the pair will provide a body for my George Reeves custom; I was using a Volk's Neo-Guy, but he would only be 11" if I kept with it. The other will probably get the 'Bale' head from my Takara Batman. I shall report back when all is accomplished...PS

I still don't understand what the peg like ankle joint improves. Here's a pic of an older Hot Toys body that looks almost identical. The old ankles look just fine. Why the change? :confused:

hottoysusscocomudtbody5a7ba58ji0.jpg

And can Superman have a 'talking on the phone' pose?

The pegs have less mass to make for some much lower crouching stances.

You question everyones bodys too much, lets see you design and make your own.

Like I said in another post on this thread, the stem ankles allow you to pose the ankles without having to turn the ball around while it's in the boot, and as was mentioned by Evilface, you have a greater range of flexibility. Also they allow you to pose the ankles in either a down or up position at the same time with an everted or inverted foot position. For example, you can pose the feet pointing downward and bent inward simultaneously.
gdb said:
I looked around a lot in July to find a replacement for my preorder that went wrong. In the end I went with Good Stuff to Go (ironicly) for $135 shipped. But if they're out, then no.
Yep, that's why I ask. I've been saving up to get one from them, I might have enough this Friday but they just soldout recently. :banghead
I can't find one for a decent price anywhere. The only ones listed on Evilbay are in the $200 range. :crying

Back