Hot Toys Gary Oldman Commisioner Gordon on the way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking once sales start to slip on Iron Man, we'll get a healthy dose of Bats once again. Probably timed to the release of Batman/Superman.

Patrick_Bateman_HA.gif

tumblr_l8sd4devkw1qacu2b.gif

Patrick-Bateman-christian-bale-9363806-350-197.gif

tumblr_m2b4h0f6e11r1cnedo1_500.gif

Hot Toys can do so much more with the Nolan Batman License

-Commissioner Gordon
-Batman Begins DX
-Ras
-Stock Exchange Bane
-Nurse Joker

Longshots
-Alfred
-Fox
-Blake
-Talia

They better get on it, because in a year or two the hype for these figures will be very low IMO.

I sure hope so, there is still so many to be done. I'd definitely get:

1) Commisioner Gordon
2) Batman Begins DX
3) Stock Exchange Bane

Howard said another Gordon wasn't being made. Might as well scratch him off your list

I didn't get the SWAT version because I was holding out for a "normal" Commissioner Gordon. Considering his role in the movies (and Batman history in general) I really thought this figure was a no-brainer. I will scrape one together somehow but would have loved--and gladly paid for--an official version.

Just makes ZERO sense to me. Lieutenant Gordon was the first Toy Fairs 2012 exclusive to sell out. I don't see why they don't make a Commish version with Batsignal. It would sell through the roof and require minimal retooling on their part. Oh well, guess they have to make Iron Man Marks XLVIII-MMMMCMXCIX.

Agreed. Too many damn Iron Man variants is just pointless. Meanwhile, a Commissioner Gordon figure is sorely needed in this line and so is a batsignal. They could do a toy fair exclusive with Alfred and Fox or Ras and Talia. They already did a two figure set with Scarecrow and Demon Batman (Ras should have replaced Demon Batman). Hopefully we will get these figures even if it takes years. That way all us completeists like myself will be happy.

i'm hoping it's all a ruse. that said, i'm okay with the swat gordon and kitbashing my own commish.

: o p

Q&A with Howard Chan @ACGHHK / Mark Osr

1. After the release of Jor El, are you considering a Russel Crowe figure as Maximus from the Gladiator movie?

No plans on making it at the moment.

2. Since the movie MOS was a worldwide success, do you plan to make other character figure besides Superman, Jor EL, General Zod? Faora?

Maybe, Depends on the success of the MOS figures.

3. Do you have any plans on releasing Maria Hill figure from the Avengers movie, and the most requested Pepper Potts? by the way, we saw a teaser about Bruce Banner with his clothes on, when will it be released for pre-order?

No plans on making Maria Hill figure, But we are already in the process of making Pepper Potts, head sculpt is ready by now. Bruce Banner needs approval, hopefully soon.

4. Any news on the reissue of Predators figures line, from the movie Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP Requiem? We saw teasers before about the ¼ line, are they just delayed or cancelled already? Regarding the Prometheus Movie, is there also a delay on the figures?

Prometheus is soon, We might remake Elder Predator, Dutch, and other predators.

5. Johnny Depp is the most favoured Hot Toys figure, any advice when will the Ichabod Crane? Or any other JD figures you want to produce besides those characters provided? Like reissuing Edward Scissorhands, Alice in wonderland, Public Enemies, Charlie and the chocolate factory, etc

Ichabod Crane is almost done. although we want to, we have no plans with regards to Alice in Wonderland and Charlie Chocolate factory.

6. Regarding the Dark Knight movie figure line, Any plans on making Ras Al Ghul, Blake Police uniform, Gordon with formal suit, or others not in the list?

Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. Yes, we will make Blake but not Gordon with formal suit.

7. Why is there a delay on X-Men First Class figure line?, Even Professor X is delayed, will this line still be continued?

We will try to make it for next year, maybe release it together with the movie release of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

8. Regarding the figures from the movie Batman Returns, You told me last time they will be released last Dec 2012, Any reason of the delay? Do you have any plans on making another Batman figure or perhaps other characters like Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, etc?

Yes, We will still make it but the release date will be delayed.

9. Any update you can share on the Back to the Future figures? Which figure do you prioritize to make? Marty Mcfly, Doc Browm, or the Delorean?

Yes, they will be postponed to 2014.

10. I know you are an avid Star Wars fan, but your Star Wars line up are all delayed, Any reason why? Also After Luke Skywalker, What other characters are you planning to make? (ex: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker)

Yes Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.

11. Batman Arkham City was a huge success with gamers, will you be making a Batman or Joker figure based on it?

Delayed also.

12. Is the Terminator ¼ Line still a go? Any news regarding Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal figure, Why is the delay? Also the Rocky and Rambo figures?

Yes, Terminator 1/4 line is still a go. The Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal is also a go but delayed because it has a pending approval. and yes, Rocky and Rambo figures will be continued and maybe Rocky figure will be released earlier than the Rambo figure.

13. Any plans on making a Commando figure or Conan the Barbarian?

We are planning on the Commando figure but no news with Conan the Barbarian.

This is the full interview.

This is disappointing news. I passed on the SWAT version hoping for a Commissioner Gordon. Not sure if it's worth it for me to track down a SWAT, or just forget about it all together.

i think this will change again, they have a tendency to swap and change there minds. I hope we get Ras' , Blake and a Gordon tbh !!! would like a Fox and Alfred as well !! stop churning out Iron man figures that are every colour under the sun !!

i think this will change again, they have a tendency to swap and change there minds. I hope we get Ras' , Blake and a Gordon tbh !!! would like a Fox and Alfred as well !! stop churning out Iron man figures that are every colour under the sun !!

I think you're right.

I wouldn't mind the same exact hs from the SWAT Version.

And how could they just make him in that uniform that he wore for like 5 seconds in TDK?? To me that doesn't make any sense.

from looking at the interview there are very few questions that got answers....... they might as well have just gone... "so 2014 hot toys figures....???...whats happening???"

DELAYED !!!! its all delayed !!!!!! :impatient:

from looking at the interview there are very few questions that got answers....... they might as well have just gone... "so 2014 hot toys figures....???...whats happening???"

DELAYED !!!! its all delayed !!!!!! :impatient:

Isn't that kinda their thing?

Just sayin'...

:mad:

Well, that sucks.

But Ras going from years of "maybe someday" to "not yet confirmed" seems like progress ...

Right? Right?

(sigh)

Just trying to find a ray of sunshine.

Maybe this thread should be closed? I'm sure we can kid oursleves into thinking this is or still may get made. But it clearly isn't happening anytime soon. Just a thought to eliminate confusion.

Or at least change the title since it is no long accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back