Hot Toys Gary Oldman Commisioner Gordon on the way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Agreed Maul. They are already doing a good job on character specific stands like the P1 Pred, FB John Connor, and IM BD. And with the already released Godfather fig and upcoming Mech-Test Tony backgrounds and extras, they can certainly expand with more diorama stuff to make the figure even more awesome.

They can release this anytime and it will sell like hell. I bet just about everyone who has any dark knight pieces in their collection would feel a need to add Gordon to their shelves and as much money as we've spent on dark knight stuff... whats another $150 to feel more complete.:lol

^ Agreed. They are already doing a good job on character specific stands like the P1 Pred, FB John Connor, and IM BD. And with the already released Godfather fig and upcoming Mech-Test Tony backgrounds and extras, they can certainly expand with more diorama stuff to make the figure even more awesome.

I'd say include swat gear, dosent have to be a DX. Just like Thriller MJ.

Well, from that interivew, DX is just beyond standard MMS figures with features like PERS and extra accessories, one head, PERS or not, for Gordon with a full out, working Batsignal and base sure would go beyond what I'd expect for an MMS Gordon, MMS Gordon would be basic costume and a gun, probably a pretty minimal figure.

I think that statement can finally put to rest exactly what it is a DX figure entails.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Gordon figure actually was to the point where it wouldn't be completely recognizable as Oldman. They've done it before. Gordon himself is a staple in Batman mythology like Lois Lane (Remember the HT advertisement of her coming in the Superman Returns line that never surfaced?) or Mary Jane so that has HT willing but I'm not 100% sold that Oldman suddenly wants a figure of himself unless it were written into his contract for merchandising like Harry Potter, where it could be since Warner Bros is the point person on both.

wow, this is unexpected news! I really hope this happens and before the 3rd film too.
I'd definitely buy one, MMS or DX. I love the suggestion of having a DX with the Batsignal too.... that would be an exciting piece in it's own right.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Gordon figure actually was to the point where it wouldn't be completely recognizable as Oldman. They've done it before. Gordon himself is a staple in Batman mythology like Lois Lane (Remember the HT advertisement of her coming in the Superman Returns line that never surfaced?) or Mary Jane so that has HT willing but I'm not 100% sold that Oldman suddenly wants a figure of himself unless it were written into his contract for merchandising like Harry Potter, where it could be since Warner Bros is the point person on both.

But if they weren't wanting to do it with Oldman's likeness, why not put it out beofre now with a non-specific sculpt.

Forget Gordon. Where the hell is my Stansfield !?. :lecture

LeonStansfield1.jpg

I just want more news on the Christopher Reeve Superman, everything else is secondary.

Maybe they'll finally do scarecrow too. I could never get on elvis' list for that one.

Then why come into a Gordon thread?
Oh, i was just commenting on the article itself which was about the 2010 production plans of Hot Toys.

But if Oldman doesn't give his authorization and Hot Toys goes the same route with Alien Kane, it wouldn't really be Gordon from the movie. Has Oldman evergiven his likeness rights for toys?

But if Oldman doesn't give his authorization and Hot Toys goes the same route with Alien Kane, it wouldn't really be Gordon from the movie.

If they were going to do that, it'd be done by now. TDK was 2 years ago, and half a dozen figures from HT. The only logical reason to still consider making him and not making him to date would be not wanting to do it without his likeness. TDK buzz has passed, between time and the QC nightmare of the DX Batman, people are moving on, a Gordon without likeness now wouldn't do well at all. Of course, there'll likely be no Gordon at all until Batman 3, either way.

I never understood why Oldman withholds his okay, anyway, It gives him more money for just an approval. The only reason I can think of is that he's afraid toy companies won't do a good job but I think Hot Toys' Reputation speaks for itself.

I'm pretty sure that if HT make a Gordon figure, he'll come with a batsignal!

Is there gonna be a Batman 3? Haven't heard any buzz on it. I hope HT does a Gordon before then. Hate to wait so long for it.

That article reads as though there's no problem with the likeness issues anyway... sounds like we'd be getting an officially licensed likeness of Oldman as Gordon when they do make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back