Hot Toys Gary Oldman Commisioner Gordon on the way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some rights issue with Morgan Freeman? No one seems to be talking about wanting a Lucius Fox 1/6. I know I would.

I really don't see Gordon getting DX'd though... DX04 is probably going to be Reeves' Superman.

I think Fox be interesting to have but he was never really with anyone but Bruce in a scene and only time when he shared screen time with Batman was in the secret projects room..... be nice to recreate that but ouch that's a lot of acrylics to cut and string together :)

Is there some rights issue with Morgan Freeman? No one seems to be talking about wanting a Lucius Fox 1/6. I know I would.

I really don't see Gordon getting DX'd though... DX04 is probably going to be Reeves' Superman.

Firstly, I would imagine no Fox is a matter of interest in a figure of the character. I don't know the comics, but as far as I know, Fox exists only in the Nolan universe, where Gordon, although Oldman playing him is specific to Nolan's films, is a character with strong ties to the long history of Batman and holds a grander appeal than Fox. I would see Alfred being made before Fox, again because of the connections.

As for Gordon being DX, just because he won't be DX04 doesn't mean he won't ever be a DX figure.

Oooh thanks for bringing that up Maul, yes I'd rather have an Alfred before a Lucious.

As for Lucious being in other things besides the Nolan movies, I know he was a Batman:TAS

Really, I haven't seen TAS since it was originally on air, which was over 10 years ago, yikes, so I can't remember him.

Even if they made Alfred and Lucius I don't think I'd get one. They fall into the "Nice to have but not paying HT prices for". I guess I'm not as big a Batfan though as some.

I really like Batman, especially the Nolan films, but at roughtly $150 each from HT, Fox and Alfred didn't do enough for me to want figures of them on the shelf, ultimately they're just guys in suits as figures, so for me, unless there's a connection to the character, plain clothed figures don't often make it into my collection. I wouldn't even have a Harvey Dent if it didn't come as part of the Two-Face set.

Lol, I see I was the only one. I guess I was more interested in having a Freeman sculpt than a Fox figure when I think about it.

Really, I haven't seen TAS since it was originally on air, which was over 10 years ago, yikes, so I can't remember him.

He was only a supporting character who was only in a few episodes, so yea it'd be hard to remember him.

Even if they made Alfred and Lucius I don't think I'd get one. They fall into the "Nice to have but not paying HT prices for". I guess I'm not as big a Batfan though as some.

Thats true, way too much to pay just for their headsculpt which would essentially only worthwhile part of the figure. Now Gordon i'd still get cuz Gary Oldman is dope and his Gordon looks like Frank Miller's year one Gordon.

About time! :rock

I hoped they ask about Rorschach.

No Alfred or Fox for me either. Gordon is a definite purchase though. I may just sell my custom Gordon now.

I'd hold off until they actually make a Gordon, it'd suck to sell the custom then find out HT's not doing it.

No Alfred or Fox for me either. Gordon is a definite purchase though. I may just sell my custom Gordon now.

Yeah agreed. Would be nice but definitely not for the prices they would be.

I think for plain clothes types of figs I would only do a Bruce Wayne and probably a Tony Stark. Cliche' I suppose but for the money that's what I would pay for.

BATSIGNAL all the way for GORDON!

Lol, I knew once I paid Spencer for a Gordon sculpt (a few weeks back) talk of a HT release would surface...:D

Still good news - I'd certainly pick it up. I'd be surprised if they release him DX style....SWAT gear would be a natural, but I couldn't see them doing more than one headsculpt, although who knows.

And as for a batsignal, yes please. :)

Well, from that interivew, DX is just beyond standard MMS figures with features like PERS and extra accessories, one head, PERS or not, for Gordon with a full out, working Batsignal and base sure would go beyond what I'd expect for an MMS Gordon, MMS Gordon would be basic costume and a gun, probably a pretty minimal figure.

^agreed. All of that would warrant a DX release.

I guess I was just assuming the DX releases would be reserved for characters they had already done.

It's highly likely that characters they have done will get DX versions at some point because HT likes to keep making money off successful characters, but I hope sometimes a DX will simply be because a certain figure warrants the extras.

Yeah, I'm all for the extras...getting a signal out of the deal would be amazing. The ones that have been sold on these boards are great, but the limited runs make em expensive and hard to acquire.

Yup, I wish of all the things HT tosses aroudn exploring for products to venture into, 1/6 dioramas would be one of them. All the custom stuff looks great but it's so pricey. I figure HT could use plastics and cheaper materials to make them so the cost would be lower but they'd still look quite good and serve the purpose.

I'm actually not all that excited by this - think it will be a pretty easy pass for me. I tend to go for characters with a lot of visual interest, and a guy in a trench coat just doesn't interest me that much. Maybe if he comes with a must-have accessory (like the Batsignal) then I might consider it.

The Scarecrow, though, HE would be an immediate buy!

Call me a skeptic, but I don't see this happening. Oldman has always been a di#k with his likeness rights...(hence, not many official Dracula collectibles) and I just don't have faith that he's changed since then. As much as I'd love to see one, I think I'll just look for a good custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back