Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

It's here :yess:, won't be able to open him out until tonight after my son is asleep :impatient:, but I'll try to get a few pictures before the sun goes down.
p5iYBEe.jpg

congrats ya lucky bastard! :hi5:

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Snuck away at dinner time, to open him out and take some pictures. Main thing that bugs me (and it's becoming a pet peeve of mine) is that he loses a lot of wrist articulation, try a little bend and his hands fall off, like the DX12, new Wolverine and Black Widow. Also his hands are on the harder side, meaning you should heat them up first, I pulled the fists off and the pegs came with them. Putting the hands into the pegs is also a *****, again heat 'em up. The arm guard's also get in the way of hand switching, so I didn't have enough time for playing around with multiple looks or poses, so here he is straight out of the box and no futzing.

U8HF5Lx.jpg

GHtyBjp.jpg

KUM95lG.jpg

jJR50hC.jpg

GGVGlKi.jpg

EF4WJZi.jpg

MZFc1eW.jpg

gE6Dpty.jpg

Gave Black Widow his SMG.

D8VTQ8z.jpg

Now the wait for Storm Shadow begins...

looks fantastic! thanks for sharing.

Congrats looks damn near perfect.......

Main thing that bugs me (and it's becoming a pet peeve of mine) is that he loses a lot of wrist articulation, try a little bend and his hands fall off, like the DX12, new Wolverine and Black Widow.

GHtyBjp.jpg

Wow, I was right -- this figure require almost zero futzing to look good.

As for the hands -- You think you could trim it a little, around the wrist area? I see that the gloves don't appear to have cuffs that you'd notice it was cut if done with a sharp exacto knife. That trick worked well for DX 12, with a lot of benefits -- hands are more secure on the peg, it gives the more accurate-TDKR look of gloves tucked in the gauntlets, and eliminates the monkey-arms. Of course, for SE, the first would only be the effect we're looking for :)

Congrats on getting the figure early buddy! :hi5:

I am very excited to get this figure. Can't wait to play around with different action poses. By the look of the hands, I think trimming them down a bit will do wonders. Thanks for the great pictures, this thing came out great.

He does have straps on the inside of his gloves, but there isn't much glove to cut down without exposing the wrist pegs. Forgive the florescent lighting:

ZLQj3Y0.jpg

kWnQZUa.jpg

You could still trim it, and it would give a better range of movement, but I'd rather keep it as is without any visible joints. With a little more time and patience I could get a bit of a bend after all.

yO2AhfE.jpg

Anyway, I can't wait to see the thread light up with pics when the rest of you get it, it's gonna be a blast. :hi5:

I can't wait to get mine too. And I wish I had a nice camera like you. You're going to have to settle for crappy phone pics with Instagram-esque filters. :lol

I can't wait to get mine too. And I wish I had a nice camera like you. You're going to have to settle for crappy phone pics with Instagram-esque filters. :lol
--

Good grief!

No notice (i.e. two week notice of arrival) e-mail from Sideshow and now a crappy phone resulting in crappy pics?

You just can't seem to get a break.

What's next? Yours will arrive in a damaged box with shoddy quality?

UH, OH . . .

I hope I didn't jinx you.

;)

He does have straps on the inside of his gloves, but there isn't much glove to cut down without exposing the wrist pegs. Forgive the florescent lighting:

ZLQj3Y0.jpg

kWnQZUa.jpg

You could still trim it, and it would give a better range of movement, but I'd rather keep it as is without any visible joints. With a little more time and patience I could get a bit of a bend after all.

I see now, thanks for the pictures, buddy. I guess it's a common concern with figures that have gauntlets on the forearms, afterall, as the cuffs of the gloves get in contact with the ends of the gauntlet. Case in point is again the DX12, and the first SSC Snake Eyes (with watch and compass bracelets). Gloved hands on DX10 have a terrific range of motion without showing the pegs.

How's the build of the upper body's armor and fabric suit combo?

Enjoy, my friend! :hi5:

Man these first unedited on-hand photos make me think of keeping mine now instead of cashing on it, and might end up spending more to get the V2 SSC SE, so I could have the V1 SSC Ninja SE with visor, V2 SSC Commando with goggles, and this HT Movie version SE displayed altogether.:)

I see now, thanks for the pictures, buddy. I guess it's a common concern with figures that have gauntlets on the forearms, afterall, as the cuffs of the gloves get in contact with the ends of the gauntlet. Case in point is again the DX12, and the first SSC Snake Eyes (with watch and compass bracelets). Gloved hands on DX10 have a terrific range of motion without showing the pegs.

How's the build of the upper body's armor and fabric suit combo?

Enjoy, my friend! :hi5:

The upper body's fine, ab crunch and waist turning all works without being hindered too much, arms and elbows can be put pretty much anywhere with ease, hence the reason the wrists are a pain. The lower body however, it feels like the thighs are padded a bit, so it'll take some work to bend it at the hips, and you might have to remove the padding to get a crouching pose.

I've been enjoying him, I have him next to X3 Wolverine, Black Widow and the DX12, so it's like a crack pot team of all black wearing bad asses.

The upper body's fine, ab crunch and waist turning all works without being hindered too much, arms and elbows can be put pretty much anywhere with ease, hence the reason the wrists are a pain. The lower body however, it feels like the thighs are padded a bit, so it'll take some work to bend it at the hips, and you might have to remove the padding to get a crouching pose.

I've been enjoying him, I have him next to X3 Wolverine, Black Widow and the DX12, so it's like a crack pot team of all black wearing bad asses.

Appreciate the info, man! :hi5:

Bud, that's a dream team of black-clad bad-asses indeed! I'd say throw in a Darth Maul but I realized that Ray Park can't be in two places at once :lol

Pics look great. Just ordered him for $184 shipped with the SS code.

Wow he really turned out well. SE and Storm Shadow will be an awesome display. Great Yin and Yang imagery. Really happy I got this now. Ships out next week from SS.

Even if you don't like the movies just the classing retro Black and White is awesome together.
Look to the cookie!

tumblr_memk11EZdz1qavk7b.jpg

Getting pretty stoked should get last flex this tuesday and only one more flex with storm shadow next month. Is anyone gonna be adding more weapons on snake ? I think may add some gun holsters on legs maybe and maybe a upper harness not sure but looks great out of the box already......Cant wait...:impatient:

Looks like a winner regardless what one may think of the movie design.

Can anyone who has the figure tell me if the mouth piece and the ab cloth portions are blue in color?

Back