Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

You guys take this **** far too seriously :)

:rotfl I think some of these guys are real military men who happen to like their toys as realistic as possible, we are all crazy about details in the collecting world right and hardcore men probly like hardcore toys :lol

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I Google'd an MP7 with suppressor, I never knew it could be that small. SE's looks kind of odd. I kind of want a full sized one like baby dolls.

:rotfl I think some of these guys are real military men who happen to like their toys as realistic as possible, we are all crazy about details in the collecting world right and hardcore men probly like hardcore toys :lol

Truth be told, I'm actually impressed by the amount of knowledge our fellow boardies have when it comes to the military. Reminds me of one of my mentors from the reserve army training who always told me about "function before fashion", which I try to incorporate in some designs.

I hope our fellow boardies won't mind me asking for suggestions in the future :)

Have a great weekend, y'all :duff

hi res

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

I'm all for a little sci-fi in my Joe. :)

In moderation, of course... think 1982-1986 or so... pas that, things get quite weird. But bottom line, RAH always had it.

As a contemporary interpretation of that, I think this Snake Eyes works quite well, actually. It'll never beat the '82 or '85 designs in my book, but that doesn't mean it's not good.

That was for protection. The helmets were too "profile-able" and the berets didn't prevent jungle critters from dropping down the back of their shirts. Plus, they had other benefits like deflecting rain, sun, etc. So while not necessarily good protection for the noggin, they were extremely practical for the environment.

Ah, true enough. They were quite practical, you're right. :)

We haven't seen a Sideshow Joe with a boonie hat yet, did we? I feel like I want a Muskrat figure now... but really any of 'em could come with one.

I wish HT included a second portrait. One that looked like this !

I actually was hoping to see that for the new Sideshow SE.

If they ever show SE's face in the movies though, I'd love to see Hot Toys do a sculpt. :)

I gotta admit though, I'm really hating that price... :(

Ugh....

Looks so bad. Even in hi-res....

:lol

It's so big, it's like I own it.

Looks great, hot toys did and awesome job on this, thanks for the hi res pics centrocal :clap

Ugh....

Looks so bad. Even in hi-res....

This guy hates this figure so much, but keeps coming back to the thread for it? He will probly end up buying it :rotfl And if not i dont understand why some people waste their time concerning themselves with what others like, no body is making you buy it or look at it bud :peace

This guy hates this figure so much, but keeps coming back to the thread for it? He will probly end up buying it :rotfl And if not i dont understand why some people waste their time concerning themselves with what others like, no body is making you buy it or look at it bud :peace

Yes, I've done that before myself too and ended up buying figures I said I wouldn't get, sometimes it takes a while for a certain figure to grow on some people, then boom!! they pull the trigger and get it.

Being in denial is a great way to keep that money in your pocket, eheh

I can't wait for this figure, looks very awesome, hope they make more from the movie.

I agree agout the new fig, and I really like what some people on here have done with custom ss and timber figures, but I really don't like the ss se or timber how they come originally, I have only seen pics, but it just isn't up to hot toys current level of detail from what I have seen.

he really, REALLY is. The detail on his weapons, the effort put into his webgear, the fantastic sword, all of it. my ONLY complaints with the figure, now that i've got him in hand, is his knee pads, and north face jacket. i don't care much for his knee pads as part of pants. which was easy enough to fix. picked up an extra set of cobra trooper knee pads, put them on him, done.

The jacked, i swapped out with an Extra ACI swat sweater fro m my bits box.

Now don't get me wrong, i do like Hot toys snake eyes, and i MIGHT get one eventually. but aside from his swords, i don't really see anything that puts him over the sideshow offering.

for that matter, i'd say that like most everything hot toys makes these days, he's about 30-35$ overpriced.

if you CAN, get a sideshow snake eyes, look at it in person.

Hell, BUY ONE from SSC, and check it out. if you don't like it, just send it back.

he really, REALLY is. The detail on his weapons, the effort put into his webgear, the fantastic sword, all of it. my ONLY complaints with the figure, now that i've got him in hand, is his knee pads, and north face jacket. i don't care much for his knee pads as part of pants. which was easy enough to fix. picked up an extra set of cobra trooper knee pads, put them on him, done.

The jacked, i swapped out with an Extra ACI swat sweater fro m my bits box.

Now don't get me wrong, i do like Hot toys snake eyes, and i MIGHT get one eventually. but aside from his swords, i don't really see anything that puts him over the sideshow offering.

for that matter, i'd say that like most everything hot toys makes these days, he's about 30-35$ overpriced.

if you CAN, get a sideshow snake eyes, look at it in person.

Hell, BUY ONE from SSC, and check it out. if you don't like it, just send it back.

You like all the things i like about that figure, but you just said yourself you had to customize him. I think he makes an awesome figure with some custimization(i have seen some on these boards that looked incredible) ss just really needs to work on a few things and get a different body for starters or just use hot toys tt bodies as most people switch them anyways. Oh and the timber with this sucked imo, i still really want a timber for se, but the only one i like is the waypoint diorama timber and he is out of scale imo (to small) perfect sculpt and paint for timber tho.

I hate Hot Toys with a passion, bad run with Batman and Hellboy.
But hay its a joe, so ive just caved in and pre-ordered it. At least i could use my reward points for it.

I think the figure looks great as a movie representation. will I buy it? ...hell no.

Hey.. Xeno, for the record, I don't own a singl 1/6th figure, hot toys, or sideshow, that I haven't customized.

And there's nothing wrong with the pro body, now you're just hating :lol .

Pro body is probably one of the better 1/6th bodies on the market. Is a TrueType better? In some ways yes, but they cost too damn much. I'll agree that the early pro bodies were garbage, however the newer releases are just about perfect. Curious to see the new super hero bodies as well.:D

Back