Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pi

GI Joe designs are always going to look a bit ridiculous, but for me this design pushes it a little too far. It's infinity better then the abomination in the first movie, but still too Sci-Fi looking for my personal taste, which is why this isn't a good representation of the character imo.

But I think the original issue I stated with Retaliation SE has gone way off the rails. My issue was that the armor heavy upper half was unbalanced with the no armor lower half. I'd like the design more if there was at least some armor on the lower half, some on his thighs protecting his femoral arteries and maybe a little on his shins. It would still be way too Sci-Fi for SE, but wouldn't look as ridiculous.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I agree he could do with some leg armour to balance it out. I think they just thought lets try and cross Batman with Rambo and this is what they got.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I love a good nerd fight.

:rotfl:rotfl me too, and just to take another nerd shot, no matter how much any of you have studied every release date of every toy and every comic and whatever else, snake eyes will always be a badass army ninja to me cuz thats what i remember him as and thats how i like him :nana:

I agree he could do with some leg armour to balance it out. I think they just thought lets try and cross Batman with Rambo and this is what they got.

That might have looked cool and been useful, but its all a balance thing, the more armor=the slower the ninja and i dont think most enemies would target your legs in a fight. I dont think this looks rediculous because the fatigues and combat boots help give him that (fictional, nobody get upset when i say this) army ninja kind of balance. And i dont think this is the perfect design for him, like a lot of you seem to think i am saying. I just think its cool and can see the reasoning behind it. Still really want this guy hurry up hot toys :impatient: Oh and what makes this figure iconic is that unless this movie is awesome as i think it will be, then it will be the only movie snake eyes 1/6 scale figure ever made, and since most on here are hardcore joe fans and already dont like the movie it very well might be :lecture :peace

I love a good nerd fight.
Shut UP. Gosh.

tumblr_m7xoee3zar1r5n7evo1_500.gif

Ninjas have been lame for like...300 years.

If anyone out there likes this figure.... they should just go to hell.

....cuz they

SUCK

Are we seriously back to the Snake Eyes: Commando or Ninja argument? :lol

Yeah, he was a commando first, but not long after that hey tacked on ninja and he's been like that ever since. He's been a ninja far longer than he ever was just a commando. Whether you like that or not, its never going to change.

Yes, the armor is silly and unnecessary, but so was Stormtrooper armor. I never saw one of them get back up or keep shooting after taking a hit to their armor. What was the point of them even wearing it if it didn't protect them from rebel blasters? :lol But they wore it for he looks, just like Snake Eyes is probably going to be wearing it for. Personally, I think its better than the rubber suit from the first film, so I'm OK with it. They aren't going to fix everything to classic RAH over night. Baby steps.

Its just the nature of movies to throw out an outfit that has worked for years and come up with something new. Look at Batman, I don't think he's worn and outfit remotely similar to his comic grey spandex since Adam West, but people have just come to accept the black rubber movie suits over time. :dunno

Stormtrooper armor protects them from rocks and pointed sticks. That's why the ewoks couldn't kill them. :lecture

The Nolan bat suits were IMO the best batman designs out there, and they were explained in detail by fox about how they used a combination of plates and Kevlar-type material to give a good balance of mobility and protection. I know this is fictional but it makes perfect sense and is clearly an improvement over a spandex suit with no protection. If you want viewers to believe a human hero can take on crap loads of enemies without being killed, you have to give him armor like this especially if he don't use guns :lecture

If you want viewers to believe a human hero can take on crap loads of enemies without being killed, you have to give him armor like this especially if he don't use guns :lecture

spider-man.jpg

Are people really going to G I Joe movies for believability :dunno......:duh

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pi

GI Joe designs are always going to look a bit ridiculous, but for me this design pushes it a little too far. It's infinity better then the abomination in the first movie, but still too Sci-Fi looking for my personal taste, which is why this isn't a good representation of the character imo.

But I think the original issue I stated with Retaliation SE has gone way off the rails. My issue was that the armor heavy upper half was unbalanced with the no armor lower half. I'd like the design more if there was at least some armor on the lower half, some on his thighs protecting his femoral arteries and maybe a little on his shins. It would still be way too Sci-Fi for SE, but wouldn't look as ridiculous.
I have to admit you have a good point, I was actually wondering the same thing myself....why armor on the upper part of the body and none on the lower half? Even for a fictional character it doesn't look right...maybe he is supposed to have protection under the pants....

The spiderman pic is a funny point, but batman at least Nolan's batman is based more on our world then a lot of super hero movies, so in cases like that and yes gi joe too, I like them to be as believable as possible while still embellishing and making them fun to watch.

No one wears leg armour. Well, except knee pads.

Nothing about armor is sci fi, especially on a ninja/commando :lol my god warriors have worn it forever so they can last thru more then one battle, they are still wearing it today, it helps your chances of surviving the battle. And this batman looking se armor is really the only way to keep se as a ninja with a sword and guns and have it be somewhat believable, if they would have had him in the movie wearing a modern military plate carrier I would have just laughed, you can't move the way a ninja does with that on. Their are lots of joes that will look awesome decked out in modern soldier armor, but since you can't be both se is a ninja and this armor works, if I could change one thing about this design it would be making the visor/helmet/mask look more like the original.

What it looks like to me; and a lot of others, is Hot Toys is trying and is making the price for a standard no thrills figure around the $200 mark, and everything else, DX's or anything close, near to $300 or even above.

Yeah. Sucks, eh? :(

Snake eyes is part of gi joe, they don't walk anywhere...

Whoa, now - soldiers, even GI Joes, WALK. A lot! :)

Back