Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

true. which is more or less what sideshow did too.

but hey, least their stormtroopers look good too :D

not perfect, but good enough.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

true. which is more or less what sideshow did too.

but hey, least their stormtroopers look good too :D

not perfect, but good enough.

Yup, both look great when you find that certain pose and get the armor set just right. Unlike the clones though, the Stormies, can be swapped to a Slim TT for a slightly more natural look.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted info on the various body types. Good info.

Yeah, interesting stuff - how did we get on that topic, again? ;)

Mask or unmasked this has to be the one of the most, if not the most, F'ed up look for Storm Shadow.

I cant find a thread but what do you guys reckon on Storm Shadow?

Personally i hope he has a masked sculpt to go with him as i'm not loving the look at all atm.

8382164240_987b42037b_z.jpg

8382493900_f06a7764c6_z.jpg

looks pretty bad. just like the first film. more than a little bleagh.

I was thinking about picking up SE and SS just because HT will do a good job on them but after seeing SS...nope.

I want to see it masked. :lol

I think it'll look better with his mask on. :pray:

I am just glad that Ninjas have developed leather tuxedos so that they don't have to worry about the necessity of a pesky change of clothing when they need to get to bloody combat quickly after a formal dinner.

That... would be awesome.
Do it
DO EEEEEEET!

Sure. though bear in mind, that taking the armor off ( which is possible, just a little difficult) and swapping the earlier bodies for more recent ones WILL fix any and all problems.

the list of which ones to stay away from is much shorter. I'll also only list the ones with Floppy joints. The Rubber vs cloth suit is pure preference.

General Kenobi has semi-loose joints

212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Trooper has loosish joints.

That's really it. All the rest are pretty much great. it is POSSIBLE you might get a bad one on any figure, I've gotten hot toys figures with floppy joints before for that matter. that's just a bad body, not a issue with the entire release. That happens, either pick up a later armor body from toy anxiety ( they've generally got them for pretty cheap) or swap it with the seller.

Thanks for the response, I would have replied earlier, but school has started again so I don't get to get on here as often as I like.

Not to crazy about the Storm Shadow, I don't know why they didn't just give him his ninja outfit from the comics, after seeing pictures of the figure, I will probably pass, I will pick up the head sculpt and his Katana's when someone parts them out. This outfit does nothing for me. The only one that is definite for me is the Rock, Colton depending on the head sculpt, and now that I have decided against Storm Shadow I am seriously thinking about picking up parts and kit bash my own Snake Eyes....but then again I might change my mind after seeing the movie...oh what the hey I got time to make up my mind...

Didn't Justin Bieber wear something like this? ;)

I don't know, I kind of like Storm Shadow, though. Hey, at least he's a white clad ninja from the Arashikage clan who has a history with Snake Eyes. Much closer to RAH than most, as far as movies go. :)

I actually like both these guys. They look good to me.

I hope they change the straps(?) connecting the shoulder pads to the chest area to leather because it looks as though the current plastic ones are too rigid to allow for much arm movement, they actually look to be peeling off in the above shot. I might be wrong but from what images I've seen of the actual costume those areas should be a dark brown, not black.

:lol

Seriously. Looks as if they glued the damn thing down. I hope something gets nailed down.

Yeah it definitely looks glued.

Personally I'm doubtful it'll improve.

Likely gonna be plagued with QC issues from here....

That looks terrible. I found photos from on.cc are almost always unflattering, though. I almost canceled my DX12 po after they posted proto pics with close ups of worn rubber armor plates, some sticking off of the fabric. Good thing I didn't.

Back