Hot Toys Force Friday figure reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy
giphy.gif

Luke, Kylo and maybe a trooper is probably all I want from TFA. But when that bug bites it'll be more then that! :lol

Nope. To me, it would make more sense to reveal TFA characters and save OT/PT releases for a later announcement.

I think its safe to say Kylo Ren is extremely popular right now and we're still three months away from the actual film (we haven't even heard him speak). That's good character design right there.

I think its safe to say Kylo Ren is extremely popular right now and we're still three months away from the actual film (we haven't even heard him speak). That's good character design right there.

What if they've had Ahmed Best dub over all his lines with an accent derived in part from his Jar Jar performance? Fingers crossed this character isn't the let-down of the decade that was Darth Maul.

What if they've had Ahmed Best dub over all his lines with an accent derived in part from his Jar Jar performance? Fingers crossed this character isn't the let-down of the decade that was Darth Maul.

The only reason I'm looking at everything "glass half-full" is that unlike George hyping up Ep. I, JJ and Disney seem to show a lot of care and passion went into this and they're trying to avoid the mistakes the PT made. Worst case scenario, Maul's still pretty popular today and Fett never did much, so Kylo Ren will be alright:lol

Darth Maul wasn't a let down. Not at all. He's one of the most popular Star Wars characters to date. The fact that he died in the first film (for valid story reasons) didn't diminish his appeal one bit.

My take: Maul was a cool "looking" character but that's it. In terms of plot and significance to the story/saga, he was as forgettable as any random battle droid. The movie would not have worked any differently had he been replaced with any other temporary character - including a droid for that battle sequence where Qui-Gon dies. Dont get me wrong, Qui Gon was also a useless and forgettable character that should never have been in the story.

My take: Maul was a cool "looking" character but that's it. In terms of plot and significance to the story/saga, he was as forgettable as any random battle droid.

While true, Boba Fett's been a popular character for 25+ years based on that alone:lol

Cool looking character + Star Wars = Instant Classic

300 units of a limited-release figure will be sold on Force Friday starting at MIDNIGHT by HT in HK (event starting at 10:30 PM on Sep 3rd HK time):

11950435_151983991807733_7568647338855912980_o.png

Back