Hot Toys Force Friday figure reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Skywalker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Word is that Hot Toys will reveal their first Force Awakens 1/6 figure on September 4th (Force Friday).

Does anyone know what character it is? What character are you hoping for?

Very cool money on new stormtrooper i doubt it would be old luke , han or Chewy or the new sith. Bring on the force of the 4th.

First Order Stormtrooper. I'm 95% sure.

It's the only main figure they can release without spoilers.

They can't do Rey or Finn because of the lightsaber issue. They can't do Kylo because we ant yet know for sure who is under the mask.

If they preview only one, i'd put my money on either Kylo Ren or a Stormtrooper. If they preview their full line up for next year, i expect:

- Finn
- Rey
- Poe Dameron
- BB-8
- Kylo Ren
- Captain Phasma
- Stormtrooper
- Flametrooper
- Snowtrooper
- Tie Pilot

I bet we get one or two figures before the movie is out. Then the rest spread through 2016.

I bet the stormtrooper will be revealed first, although I am hoping it is Kylo Ren.

I bet we get one or two figures before the movie is out. Then the rest spread through 2016.

I bet the stormtrooper will be revealed first, although I am hoping it is Kylo Ren.

Hoping for a trooper, Kylo Ren, and Captain Phasma........maybe even the bones of Jar Jar.:pray:

Stormtrooper is probably the safe bet but I am hopeful for Kylo Ren. It is not unheard of for them to just blur our a head sculpt.

First Order Stormtrooper. I'm 95% sure.

It's the only main figure they can release without spoilers.

They can't do Rey or Finn because of the lightsaber issue. They can't do Kylo because we ant yet know for sure who is under the mask.

i think we know for certain who is under the mask.

Well, the figure from TFA I'm most hoping Hot Toys gives us is a bearded Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. I saw that leaked photo of Luke in his new outfit (and almost had an infarction, I was so excited). And Luke looks glorious; regal and glorious. He'd be absolutely incredible in 1/6 form.

However, as he's supposed to be the big secret reveal of the story, I kind of don't expect any memorabilia featuring Luke from the film to start showing up until after the movie has already made its debut in theaters.

So realistically, I expect the first 1/6 figure will be one of two potential choices: Kylo Ren or a First Order Stormtrooper.

Personally, I'd love for it to be Kylo. From what we've begun to learn about him, Ren is rapidly turning into the character from among the new generation who I am the most excited about. And with his character design, I think Kylo would be another candidate for a beautiful figure. Finally, the fact that he's being used as the 'face' of TFA merchandising makes me think that we may see a 1/6 Ren sooner than later.

But honestly, if I had to wager dollars-to-donuts? I'd put my money on the Stormtrooper. The trooper was the first figure officially revealed (in this case, in the 6" Hasbro line) and it just seems like the most obvious choice for the first 1/6 to me, too.

i think we know for certain who is under the mask.

DarthDarthBinks.jpg

:mwaha

At the moment the one one I'm really interested in is Han. Phasma might be a possibility, but only if they could actually make the armor look like chrome.

And it's just too early to know whether Rey or Finn will be cool enough characters to want to own figures of.

Back