Hot Toys Force Friday figure reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would not be surprised to see 25+ figures from the combined effort of SSC and HT.

And I shall buy them all :lecture

Rey
Finn
Finn Stormtrooper Disguise
Poe X-Wing Suit
Poe Rebel/Normal Outfit
Luke Jedi Robes
Han Solo
Leia
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
BB-8
Kylo Ren
Stormtrooper
Black Armor Stormtrooper
Snowtroper
Snowtrooper Officer
Flametrooper
TIE Fighter Pilot
Constable Zuvio
Captain Phasma
Maz Kanata
Snoke
Hux
Resistance Trooper
Resistance Trooper Version 2

I don't see myself getting any figure except for old Luke, maybe.
There are some others I might look at. I think I might be interested in a Kylo Ren, for example.

But "Old Luke" is my slam-dunk, "A#1" choice for me. Luke Skywalker happens to be my favorite character of all time and I've been dreaming about his future self for over thirty years now. There's no way on God's green earth that I could ever say no to that. :)

In fact, my fondest hope is that, in addition to an old Jedi Master version, Hot Toys will also give us their take on the ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke. I'm just dying to one day pose them back-to-back in my collection.

It'll probably be either The FO Stormtrooper, or Kylo Ren.

I'd really like to see Rey or Finn though.

To get any money from me the movie better be badass. Depending on the amount of badassery I might still get old Jedi Luke just because..

I'd guess either Kylo or Trooper. I just hope they also show the remainder of the OT characters before the onslaught of TFA characters start. Still need Bespin Lando, Emperor Palpatine, Royal Guard, Slave Leia and a couple of Ewoks at least.

As far as TFA, from what I'm seeing thus far I'm in for.

Rey (I figure BB-8 will come with her)
Finn
X-Wing Poe
Kylo Ren (melted Vader helmet)
Han
Master Jedi Luke
Leia
Chewbacca
R2D2 & C3PO
Stormtrooper
Chrometrooper (Phasma)
Flametrooper
Snowtrooper
TIE Fighter Pilot
Hux
That's all I'm familiar with thus far. I'm sure there will be more.

The First Order Trooper seems to make the most sense. It's a fairly simple figure that they could possibly get out before or shortly after the new film opens. As for collecting this line I'm not sure how far I'll go yet. Part of me wants to go all in but yet at the same time I'm not sure I want to start collecting another line of figures. If nothing else I'll probably get Jedi Master Luke for sure and possibly Han and Leia. I'll have to see how I feel about the new characters but I fully expect the new film to be great.

Speculation. Has Hot Toys even acknowledged TFA figures?
You know they'll happen. Hot Toys seemingly has a great relationship with Disney given all the Marvel figures they do and the recent wave of Star Wars figures. I can't remember for sure but I'm fairly certain the initial announcement mentioned figures from The Force Awakens. They'd be stupid not to have a deal in place for the new films. Soon I bet we'll be flooded with Star Wars stuff just like we are with Marvel stuff currently. I think the Force Friday announcement is speculation but it would seemingly make sense given that's when the new merchandise hits stores.

Back