Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. Considering the amount of figures HT is pumping out this kind of thing is the exception not the rule.

Still, if they really wanna apologise over this berserker height thing they should lower their price and have retailers pass that on to us. That they admit the problem but take no further action (so far) is bothersome. "yeah we know how we advertised it and it didn't work out as planned...:dunno....tough $h!t"

I actually like the height it'll be now. In the movie, I didn't think they were that much bigger than the classic pred, so now they're fit in better with the rest of my preds, and also I don't have to adjust my display shelf to make room for the taller guys.

I actually like the height it'll be now. In the movie, I didn't think they were that much bigger than the classic pred, so now they're fit in better with the rest of my preds, and also I don't have to adjust my display shelf to make room for the taller guys.

I actually agree that they didn't look so damn big in the movie at all. Though it isn't what HT had advertised and honestly, it was the hugeness of the figure that got a lot of us hyped up, I feel like it may actually be more accurate to the film. I still want a bigger SUPER Pred though. There's much that HT can fix to make this figure worth the price tag.

Anyone else expecting not to see or hear anything new about Falconer until he is release now ?.
Atleast with berserker out already we know falconer is going to be shorter than advertised but I worry about the robot falcon. Will it be a transformer and open fully into the sentry bird and then fold into Falconers shoulder ? Or should be expect some half assed attempt ?.

Anyone else expecting not to see or hear anything new about Falconer until he is release now ?.
Atleast with berserker out already we know falconer is going to be shorter than advertised but I worry about the robot falcon. Will it be a transformer and open fully into the sentry bird and then fold into Falconers shoulder ? Or should be expect some half assed attempt ?.
Deffinately expect a half assed attempt..

Maybe given the delay maybe it'll be a decent piece :dunno its hard to say...

Last edited:
Are the included right hands just repaints of the Berserkers? I'm assuming the body is but it wouldnt be too much to ask for some different hands at least...

True. Considering the amount of figures HT is pumping out this kind of thing is the exception not the rule.

Still, if they really wanna apologise over this berserker height thing they should lower their price and have retailers pass that on to us. That they admit the problem but take no further action (so far) is bothersome. "yeah we know how we advertised it and it didn't work out as planned...:dunno....tough $h!t"

:exactly::goodpost:

It's really quite bothersome. To me, it's sort of like an omen of things to come. It's bound to happen sooner or later since they know that they dominate the market. This kind of set-up has never been in the best interest of the consumers. Classic case is Microsoft. It's really great that their competitors are slowly eating at their pie for a few years now, but still not in the way that will benefit the consumers greatly. They still dominate.

But what's actually more bothersome is that there are some people who don't see anything wrong with this and actually encourage one company gaining dominance over an industry due to their fanaticism.

It's really quite bothersome. To me, it's sort of like an omen of things to come. It's bound to happen sooner or later since they know that they dominate the market. This kind of set-up has never been in the best interest of the consumers. Classic case is Microsoft. It's really great that their competitors are slowly eating at their pie for a few years now, but still not in the way that will benefit the consumers greatly. They still dominate.

Hmmm... perhaps not the best analogy. After all, where Microsoft can monopolise on interface/compatibility issues, HT (or indeed any collectibles company!) has no such fallback.

Point is - once HT stop producing what people want to buy, their market share will drop off quickly in favour of other companies. Look at what happened to McFarlane. The fact that a collector has bought HT in the past gives them no inherent incentive or requirement to do so in the future.

The ONLY case is someone like me who wants a Berserker / Falconer in the same style and scale as their other 13 Predators from the previous films and will forgive inaccuracies on that basis. :lol

The ONLY case is someone like me who wants a Berserker / Falconer in the same style and scale as their other 13 Predators from the previous films and will forgive inaccuracies on that basis. :lol

:lecture
i dont remember such a big fuss when the classic predator was released and was half an inch shorter that the other predators , it sold out on pre order on most places and it rose in value to almost twice the original price

There was a lot of fuss actually. The key difference between these situations is in the case of the Berserker Hot Toys took a comparative photo of him next to the P1 with the specific intent of demonstrating his noticeably superior size. It was to be a selling point of the figure. They built this hype. There was no such hyping of size regarding the P1 figure and thus not quite the same level of indignation levelled at HT from us when he turned out to to be a bit of a shortar$e since we had been given to reason to expect otherwise.

Fuss by the few, but the majority were ecstatic and still are with it. A single prototype photo next to classic predator isn't hyping things up very much. The specs always stated 14"and the rest of the photos pretty much showed us what we are getting now. Maybe the classic shown was shorter than P1. Anyway, they said that the product might be different to the one that was shown. And for the better, I think.

With regards to the falcon accessory will everyone be content with just a non functioning falcon or will everyone be pi**ed if it doesn't attach to his back etc?

I'd prefer it to attach to his back. It doesn't have to extend its wings or anything (although that would be awesome and really justify the price), just as long as it can sit on its perch and display together with Falconer.

Back