Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How high does the helmet sit if you don't modify the sideshow Fett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The work that has gone into those figures is exceptional... the sheer amount of different parts and elements that have been modified and customised to create McHaley's figures is astounding. They look incredible. I hope the decade long journey is closer to coming to an end. They certainly look good enough to be at peace with.

Color:
-Lightened the green/grey, using Tamiya weathering kit. I used the ‘snow’ to give it a dusting with a brush. If you do this and don’t like it, you can wipe it away with water before setting. You can also use a little brush with water lift it out of certain areas.

Detail:
-I detailed the helmet a little, adding just a bit of texture to the mandibles and brow. I was hoping HT would give us the crooked brow the ESB helmet uniquely displays, but alas! The more obvious ‘defect’ is on his left (our right) side, so I concentrated on that. I didn’t do the right as there’s not much lip of the brow to work the top.
Anywho...that’s going to be it. I may switch out the jetpack at some point, but it doesn’t really bother me.
cbd93293cefc480e0788aec2d0ef1bb6.jpg
274a4672b0fa18e2bb97d6cd1e0bb059.jpg
ee5b713d3e2be068894ca4fe1d699a9e.jpg
a075887f3b1263e8d3a9c2b86c6030e8.jpg
39ab62c6f974d7a9ac0a28069c0fb748.jpg
d5bb0bc5422008a0300379e3c8432154.jpg
b570a09ee3cecfcbdae0656faf03675a.jpg

Hey Mark, any plans on painting (as if you haven't done enough mind-blowing work) the bits on the gauntlets? Like the red & blue buttons on the 'calculator' or the two red tipped darts?
I'm figuring at some point, your figure will grow a fully sculped likeness of Jeremy Bullock under the helmet due to the sheer accuracy of the costume and proportions.

Hey Mark, any plans on painting (as if you haven't done enough mind-blowing work) the bits on the gauntlets? Like the red & blue buttons on the 'calculator' or the two red tipped darts?
I'm figuring at some point, your figure will grow a fully sculped likeness of Jeremy Bullock under the helmet due to the sheer accuracy of the costume and proportions.

The calculator buttons are painted...might just be hard to see. I did forget the dart tips. I think one is red and the other tip black (or dark maroon).
437cb12e43e7f436b8c43a33de9ce8c1.jpg

Ahh, ok. Yeah, they are virtually impossible to notice unless you're doing a close up. Could never see that sort of detailing in the most HD copy of ESB.

Ah, the ultimate Fett gets closer!

What are people using to pad out the waste and thigh pockets? Are you able to squeeze anything in without unpicking the stitching on the flaps?

Ah, the ultimate Fett gets closer!

What are people using to pad out the waste and thigh pockets? Are you able to squeeze anything in without unpicking the stitching on the flaps?

I used some cut to size foam to fill them out....The suit pouches are stitched closed but there's enough room to push the foam in with the help of some tweezers.

The belt pouches are glued shut but easy enough to open...once you have them filled use a spot of fabric glue/super glue gel to close them shut again..

As suggested by Wor-Gar, here are some tips & such I posted in the ESB Fett thread

A few things to note:

- Be extra cautious replacing the left shoulder armor piece if you get the deluxe & want to do that. They're held on by thin plastic pegs and can snap off. But even if that happened, a small piece of double sided tape would remedy it.

- If wanting to put the holster on the ammo belt where it goes, unbuckle the red sash to remove it. Much easier than unpegging the holster belt hanger.

- Turning the figure upside down to have the jetpack loops hang makes it real easy to get it on.

- If you want to go a bit further with accuracy, cutting the sling much shorter so it's one piece (not adjustable w/no buckle), and simply gluing it on like the front end will make it more movie accurate.

I hate McHaleyArt. :( Makes my new Boba no fun. No fun.

j/k -- the 'art' in his name is an understatement.

Half my fun is ruining figures for other people.
No...
Not really.
I actually really love the challenge and reward of modding these things. As long as there’s enough to see the potential.
I’m glad I can’t afford the ESB Vader...or the madness would start all over again!

Back