Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just waiting for that HT Helmet!!

3FFFC9FA-0FB5-4495-985C-CC9B19CC525C.jpg
384EBFA7-535A-4A60-BBED-4AB36262A76F.jpg
3C5B51F3-9A37-4C97-8BDE-F15E07A3E015.jpg
“Come back when you get the right helmet”

If anyone can snap pic of the standard HT ESB helmet in the HT RotJ Fett I’d very much appreciate it!

I’m trying to see how the paint differences look to help decide whether to sell my RotJ and buy the ESB.

If anyone can snap pic of the standard HT ESB helmet in the HT RotJ Fett I’d very much appreciate it!

I’m trying to see how the paint differences look to help decide whether to sell my RotJ and buy the ESB.

Here you go.

HT ROTJ left, HT ESB right.

20180903_195650.jpg

Hey Chakaman (or anyone out there that could help), could you let me know how you removed the stock off Dengar's rifle? I remember ppl saying they used a small flat head or xacto knife, but when I tried, it just wasn't budging. Felt like I was going to cause some major damage like scrappage. Like, should I heat it up with a hairdryer first then use a (insert best tool here) to pry off the stock?

Which version of SS are the gauntlet? I just bought V1. Is the colour similar to this? The colour seems to match well with HT ESB.
They're from the first fett version.
Hey Chakaman (or anyone out there that could help), could you let me know how you removed the stock off Dengar's rifle? I remember ppl saying they used a small flat head or xacto knife, but when I tried, it just wasn't budging. Felt like I was going to cause some major damage like scrappage. Like, should I heat it up with a hairdryer first then use a (insert best tool here) to pry off the stock?

There should be no need for tools....just sit the stock end in 1/2 cup of boiling water for a minute or so....it should then pop off easy enough..

Great stuff in this thread. I need to update a few parts on my V2 (with V1 base) mainly the holster for the pistol and the braids. Ht body swap and dyed the flight suit with Dylon China blue
35ac833d431af7e7591e6f6f1998f89d.png

There should be no need for tools....just sit the stock end in 1/2 cup of boiling water for a minute or so....it should then pop off easy enough..
What a help, thanks! Yeah, I do that technique a lot, but didn't think it would help in this scenario, as everyone said to use an xacto or something to pry it.
..rushing to the kitchen to boil some water

A few minutes later:
20180904_220630_Film1-1.jpg
So I just did the boiling water thing multiple times cause it wasn't budging. Finally got it to pry apart but the piece that covers up the hole where you see the spring is still attached to the stock. No way to get that piece out to cover up the hole. lol - it looks terrible, definitely going to have to just glue it all back together. I mean, have other people done this where the piece that covers up the hole is still attached to the gun?

*sigh* ��.....welp, that was a bad idea lol. If anyone out there got the stock off without the end piece coming off too, then consider yourself really lucky. The funny thing is, I have another Dengar..but trying to sell it for a friend. Ahhhh, so temped to pay him to get a non broken gun. Guess I can always try to buy a Dragon/DiD one....see if the stock can be pried off without the end piece coming off as well. I'd get that model kit one mentioned, but sucks that it's not pre-painted/weathered.

*sigh* ��.....welp, that was a bad idea lol. If anyone out there got the stock off without the end piece coming off too, then consider yourself really lucky. The funny thing is, I have another Dengar..but trying to sell it for a friend. Ahhhh, so temped to pay him to get a non broken gun. Guess I can always try to buy a Dragon/DiD one....see if the stock can be pried off without the end piece coming off as well. I'd get that model kit one mentioned, but sucks that it's not pre-painted/weathered.

MG 42s are pretty common these days on ebay. Even better quality ones that are painted up. They used to be very expensive and hard to find.

Sideshow made no attempt to make the rifle like Dengar's (both ends are wrong,) so a stock MG 42 is just as accurate as the Sideshow one.

Sorry to here about that...but you could re-glue(super glue gel) that part back...then reheat it and try again? Superglue should be stronger than what SS use so once re-heated...the stock part might pop off this time.

Sorry to here about that...but you could re-glue(super glue gel) that part back...then reheat it and try again? Superglue should be stronger than what SS use so once re-heated...the stock part might pop off this time.
Thanks, but it would just easily pop right back off the same way it came off the first time.
Mine had very little glue and popped off easy enough..
View attachment 425757
Wow!😯 You got so lucky with that! What method did you use; just pried it off with your hands? This is actually my second attempt. I had to return my original Dengar due to QC issues, so I tried popping off the stock with a tiny flat head, then one of those flat ended xacto blades (chiseling blades I believe they're called). It wasn't budging at all. So with both I received, they used some extremely heavy duty, quality super glue.

lol I wish I could just purchase one of those like you have.

Immediately managed to lose that little gold peg on the shaggy carpet. Ugh...

Found the holster peg after two days of obsessive scrabbling around on my hands and knees on the carpet. It took four goes with the vacuum cleaner til I heard that little clink. My wife was pleased to note that the living room floor had never looked so clean.

Futzing 101: Never futz over carpet

I then manage to completely bend it trying to get the damn thing back in. Gahhh :gah:

Back