1/6 Hot Toys Endgame Ronin (Hawkeye) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. My deluxe is already on its way and reading about the zipper issue makes ne not to wont to bother with it
2. Resale value in case I sell it later on

Couldn't say if some are better constructed than others but I got jacket zipped up first try in under three minutes. Just be careful to have everything slotted correctly while slowly proceeding.

Couldn't say if some are better constructed than others but I got jacket zipped up first try in under three minutes. Just be careful to have everything slotted correctly while slowly proceeding.

Very tempted to post that zipper scene .gif from Something About Mary again Turd ! :lol

When I changed mine over to Ronin, getting the vest off/unzipped wasn't bad. When I put the hooded vest on, well of course
the end of the zipper got damaged and I couldn't get it zipped up. I tried the clear fingernail polish, but that didn't work either.
I was able to get another hooded vest, and was able to get it on with no issues. I didn't unzip it all the way and removed the
boots, shin guards, hands, and forearm guards. I then put the legs down into the vest, from the top, and pulled the body
though. This worked for me and there was not a lot of pressure put on the vest from the figure's thighs.

Ronin never had Purple in the comics, wouldn't make sense for him to have it.

I agree, didn't have a problem zipping mines up.

So I recently got use of a $3000 DSLR camera through work, with all the bells and whistles, and while I've been using it for its designated purpose (filming lectures for online classes), I also realized that I can use it to take pictures of toys!
:yess:

Since I recently unboxed both Hawkeye and Widow from Endgame, I set up a photo session. Clint has the Hawkeye look going on rather than his Ronin outfit, even though I did buy the Deluxe, because I ran into the dreaded zipper issues and will probably have to request a replacement hooded jacket from Sideshow.
:gah:
(I did give him the Ronin sword, though, because it seemed too badass not to.)

This is definitely way early in the photography learning process, so please excuse any less-than-ideal photos (I tried to pick the best shots but I am also not conversant in the intricacies of photographic framing and the like). Also please excuse that I took these pictures on my bathroom counter, as it was the only place in my apartment that 1) is a bare surface, 2) has even decent-ish lighting, and 3) serves as a fairly bland backdrop.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg
A couple of pictures of Hawkeye and Widow, focused on Clint (the Nat pictures will go up in her figure's thread).

DSC00026.jpg
Two old friends back-to-back again.

DSC00029.jpg
Showdown over who gets to throw themselves off a cliff this time, lol.

One final thought: did anyone else find it irritating that the Ronin plaque they give you for the base (presumably to somehow replace the Hawkeye one) has the wrong font?

So I recently got use of a $3000 DSLR camera through work, with all the bells and whistles, and while I've been using it for its designated purpose (filming lectures for online classes), I also realized that I can use it to take pictures of toys!

Since I recently unboxed both Hawkeye and Widow from Endgame, I set up a photo session. Clint has the Hawkeye look going on rather than his Ronin outfit, even though I did buy the Deluxe, because I ran into the dreaded zipper issues and will probably have to request a replacement hooded jacket from Sideshow.

This is definitely way early in the photography learning process, so please excuse any less-than-ideal photos (I tried to pick the best shots but I am also not conversant in the intricacies of photographic framing and the like). Also please excuse that I took these pictures on my bathroom counter, as it was the only place in my apartment that 1) is a bare surface, 2) has even decent-ish lighting, and 3) serves as a fairly bland backdrop.

View attachment 496908

View attachment 496909
A couple of pictures of Hawkeye and Widow, focused on Clint (the Nat pictures will go up in her figure's thread).

View attachment 496910

View attachment 496911

One final thought: did anyone else find it irritating that the Ronin plaque they give you for the base (presumably to somehow replace the Hawkeye one) has the wrong font?

Amazing shots! Love em

View attachment 496908

View attachment 496909

View attachment 496910

View attachment 496911

Wait, he comes with a ronin plate? Most review videos ive seen doesn't

Wait, he comes with a ronin plate? Most review videos ive seen doesn't

It's a sticker that you can put over the Hawkeye name. If memory serves it was in the plastic bag with the instructions, so there's a good chance those reviewers didn't even notice it. And yes, the font is different as the letters are narrower and closer together compared to those of Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Edit: Here it is.

Ronin_2.jpeg

Did you flip through the instructions? It might be stuck inside. Check under the stand too. I'm not positive it was in with the instructions. I just remember not expecting it to be where it was. :lol

Yup checked between the pages, nothing. Weird. Not too big a deal though. Thanks for the info!

Back