1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hot Toys Aliens Figures?

Get ready guys!

Aliens-A2S5-Hudson.jpg

Source/basis for this claim?

I'm not sure I have ever seen any licensed figure with her likeness.

Thats part of why! There havent been any figures with her likeness, so everyone's imagination about "why" runs wild. Seems in the lkate 80s there was a Ripley plastic model kit that shipped unarmed, then there was a separate weapons kit released that just so happened to include an arm that fit the previous kit so it could be outfitted to carry weapons. Whether her official stance was "don't ship me with weapons" or not I can't say. But that fact combined with a lack of figures bearing her likeness is what led to the "she wont allow a figure of her with guns" belief (because obviously most figures of her would need guns).

But that is ancient history. Whatever led to her lack of granting licensing rights, be it not "getting it"/realizing how big a deal it was (as she said at CalgeryCon), Money (her handlers can be real A holes), or actual gun stances, I believe its all irrelevant today. I expect them with weapons.

How big was the black satin cloth? Did it look accurate?

You didn't hear? They couldn't get likeness approval. Its just gonna be a generic black satin cloth.

Didnt see any new star wars yet. They did have the robocop without the helmet though. Peter weller sculpt is spot on.

nnnngghghhhhh!

I like you, sir.

And you. I'm ready, man. Ready to get it ON. YO!

I have dropped my linen, but am presently unwilling to stop my grinnin'

I think I recall reading somewhere that the "her not getting it" issue was the main thing. A figure meant for playing was made for Avatar, which didn't include any guns. That might've been the problem. Collector-grade stuff is a different story.

My wallet is currently cowering in the corner muttering “Game over, man…” But I am excited need more pics! :panic:

You didn't hear? They couldn't get likeness approval. Its just gonna be a generic black satin cloth.
Typical Sideshow. We can only hope that Hot Toys put more effort into their black satin cloth.

Great, now what do I do with my two Ripley's?
I'm getting the new ones no matter what.

Let's hope they give us new Alien creatures but this time without the s#y deteriorating rubber bodies.

Back